Zooms and views down

Zooms at present ~25% 'normal'.

Expecting a rapid pick-up and last minute rush of zooms & sales this week; a complete die-back for the following couple of weeks, then a rush for the January sales!

I'm liking the sound of that last bit  :)

As long as it's without the discounts!

From my stats over the past 5 years December is usually a bit down on views and zooms, but also this december, in addition to the usual Xmas bank holidays, there are 5 weekends so I think it is likely to be a quiet month

Kumar

Recently dipped this week. Holidays perhaps? People checking out early this year? I have some people that I work with that bolted before Thanksgiving and will not be back until after 1/4 or so.

Many of my friends have gotten their hours cut back due to employers not wanting to foot the bill for health care,they are only hiring part timers in positions they can get away with. So,maybe a bit of a shift in the workforce in the USA?

L

I seem to have a lot of zooms of my pics of homeless people. 6 this week. It's quite amazing what people search for, and equally interesting what they zoom on. One thing I've learned is that, that snapshot of the bike tied to the railings should have been shot better. It's so important to make the shots count. I look back at the shots I used to take and cringe. It's amazing how you develop in a short time. As my portfolio grows, I am seeing a lot of views per day and zooms, but it's images I don't really like now. They worked at the time but now not so. 

3 zooms yesterday, but they are the first for a couple of weeks.

They were 3 out of 4 zoomed out of only 37 viewed so signs are promising that even a sale might come along!

John.

I seem to have a lot of zooms of my pics of homeless people. 6 this week. It's quite amazing what people search for, and equally interesting what they zoom on. One thing I've learned is that, that snapshot of the bike tied to the railings should have been shot better. It's so important to make the shots count. I look back at the shots I used to take and cringe. It's amazing how you develop in a short time. As my portfolio grows, I am seeing a lot of views per day and zooms, but it's images I don't really like now. They worked at the time but now not so. 

.......as long as the clients do though.

John.

Although the OP's point was a little strange given that not much happens on a Sunday, there is a valid question regarding the trend in zooms and views.

In my own case, I have seen a steady decrease in rolling zooms over the past month - from well over 600 to only 475 as of today. Views have also decreased slightly, particularly in the last week.

However, I did a quick analysis of All of Alamy, comparing last week to the same week last year and also to 2 periods this year. The figures are as follows

Views

09/12/2013 to 13/12/2013     7,237,599
10/12/2012 to 14/12/2012     4,635,489 (I seem to recall there was some problem with Measures around then?)
13/05/2013 to 17/05/2013     7,597,140
09/09/2013 to 13/09/2013     7,079,109

Zooms

09/12/2013 to 13/12/2013     27,830
10/12/2012 to 14/12/2012     24,504 (see above)
13/05/2013 to 17/05/2013     30,906
09/09/2013 to 13/09/2013     28,142

So all in all, the last week seems to be pretty average and any drop that individual photographers are seeing is undoubtedly due to dilution, with a similar number of searches being spread amongst a much larger number of images/contributors.

Ian D

Views

09/12/2013 to 13/12/2013     7,237,599

10/12/2012 to 14/12/2012     4,635,489 (I seem to recall there was some problem with Measures around then?)

13/05/2013 to 17/05/2013     7,597,140

09/09/2013 to 13/09/2013     7,079,109

Zooms

13/05/2013 to 17/05/2013     30,906

I had a whopping 42 views and 0 zooms in that same period. I don't think you guys need to worry about little league players much lol 

In October I had 56 zooms and in November I had 48 zooms. I tend to get 2 - 3 zooms per working day

Over the last 7 days I have had:

Total Views for : 1,323 Total Zooms for : 0

I asked member services if there's a problem with recording of zooms, but as usual they are dismissive and not interested.

Andy

Recently dipped this week. Holidays perhaps? People checking out early this year? I have some people that I work with that bolted before Thanksgiving and will not be back until after 1/4 or so.

This fits in with my experience. I have videos on other sites and the USA is a significant source of sales. There was a healthy rush before Thanksgiving and absolutely nothing since. I was coming to the conclusion that the USA had  gone home for Thanksgiving and forgotten to go back to work, and that Europe was winding down early for Christmas.

This is a significant change from previous years as December is usually quite busy for the first few weeks before dying down until mid January. A poor December for retail is also being reported in the UK press. Recovery. What recovery?

Archived