Zooms and views down

Prior to "the change" I remember Alamy had an overall CTR of above 65%. This morning when I checked, Alamy's CTR was 49%

...to me, that translates as any of the following possible issues (or a combination, or all of)...

• Alamy's sales may be are dropping to coincide with a 16% drop in CTR
  • Alamy's sales are not growing at the same pace as the image library
  • The change in the format of viewing images has a direct effect of CTR and that the search engine/priority needs to change to coincide with an update in the format of viewing images that was made.

...those are my thoughts.

Prior to "the change" I remember Alamy had an overall CTR of above 65%. This morning when I checked, Alamy's CTR was 49%

...to me, that translates as any of the following possible issues (or a combination, or all of)...

• The change in the format of viewing images has a direct effect of CTR and that the search engine/priority needs to change to coincide with an update in the format of viewing images that was made.

This has actually been discussed before but I can't seem to find the thread. The drop in CTR after the revamping of the customer interface is almost entirely attributable to the default search results changing from 30 images per page to 120. This resulted in an increase in views without a corresponding increase in zooms. In fact, on reflection, that would account for views in the week I analysed for last December being much lower than last week, whilst zooms aren't as dramatically different.

Ian D

This has actually been discussed before but I can't seem to find the thread. The drop in CTR after the revamping of the customer interface is almost entirely attributable to the default search results changing from 30 images per page to 120. This resulted in an increase in views without a corresponding increase in zooms. In fact, on reflection, that would account for views in the week I analysed for last December being much lower than last week, whilst zooms aren't as dramatically different.

Ian D

I may be wrong of course but I thought the default search results change took place when the new shiny buttons were introduced which was in mid October 2012.  In which case there shouldn't be a big difference between December 2012 and 2013.

Pearl

I may be wrong of course but I thought the default search results change took place when the new shiny buttons were introduced which was in mid October 2012.  In which case there shouldn't be a big difference between December 2012 and 2013.

Pearl

Pearl: According to my records, the switch to 120 images/page as default happened with the new website rollout in March.

One of these days, I'll find the time to post my updated Alamy statistics. For now, I'll just say that I don't see anything out of the ordinary happening this month.

Pearl

Pearl: According to my records, the switch to 120 images/page as default happened with the new website rollout in March.

One of these days, I'll find the time to post my updated Alamy statistics. For now, I'll just say that I don't see anything out of the ordinary happening this month.

OK I stand corrected so Ian was right.

Pearl

• 2 weeks later...

BqarbaraL

add one zero more to your portfolio - you have 272 files, make it 2720 files and then you can say this 0 zooms is bad ;)

Best in 2014!

Besides...

Hi all.

Forget the Zooms & Views... It's sales that matters !!

Yes I know I need plenty more images...but I am not expecting a zoom or a sale for a least until the end of 2014...then I might have 2720 images up there.... cheers guys .. all the best for 2014, hope you all get plenty of sales...  :)

BqARBARAL - I hope you don't mind a suggestion - I think some of your images are very salable, but your key wording could be better. On the surfers, I would delete vague words like 'men' and replace them with 'surfing surfer surfers surf' and then add words that are more specific. You don't need to include commas between the words, and they take up valuable space. Good luck!

Archived