October 2022 - Favourite Uploads

Alan Beastall

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Cloud 9 lap dancing club, Kings Arms Yard, Lincoln city

cloud-9-lap-dancing-club-kings-arms-yard-lincoln-city-2022-2K627TG.jpg

The above sign is well hidden took me some time to locate it.

Allan

We believe you 😁

Nice series, well done.

Just now, gvallee said:

We believe you 😁

Nice series, well done.

Thank you Gen. Love yours too. Almost asked the same question as wim.

Allan

2 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Thank you Gen. Love yours too. Almost asked the same question as wim.

Allan

You two are too clever. It made me laugh.

• Love 1

This isn't going to win any awards for artistic merit, and is unlikely to sell, but I include it as we rode this wonderful bus from Malton to Scarborough and from Malton to York. You get a great view from the upper deck and it provides free WiFi - not to mention free travel if you are an aged person.  Car left in hotel car park - why drive ??

a-coastliner-bus-in-malton-bus-station-n

• Like 3

On 22/10/2022 at 12:36, Bryan said:

not to mention free travel if you are an aged person.  Car left in hotel car park - why drive ??

Exactly.

Allan

• Love 1

I came across this little boy copying his Dad pushing a toy lawnmower while on a walk at the weekend, and couldn't resist taking a photo. I did ask permission first, and luckily the dad let me take photos from the back.

2K8E86P.jpg

• Love 1

1 hour ago, VbFolly said:

I came across this little boy copying his Dad pushing a toy lawnmower while on a walk at the weekend, and couldn't resist taking a photo. I did ask permission first, and luckily the dad let me take photos from the back.

2K8E86P.jpg

Very cute! My son did the same thing with me, with his toy mower...brings back great memories!  And now he mows my lawn!!

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Very cute! My son did the same thing with me, with his toy mower...brings back great memories!  And now he mows my lawn!!

You're very lucky! Most young people would lose interest as they grow up, at least until they get their own homes.

On 22/10/2022 at 12:36, Bryan said:

This isn't going to win any awards for artistic merit, and is unlikely to sell, but I include it as we rode this wonderful bus from Malton to Scarborough and from Malton to York. You get a great view from the upper deck and it provides free WiFi - not to mention free travel if you are an aged person.  Car left in hotel car park - why drive ??

a-coastliner-bus-in-malton-bus-station-n

I've sold pix of a bus.

Admittedly it was a Megabus in Boulogne-sur Mer on its way to Barcelona, but a bus is a bus.

Incidentally it had an amount of money painted on it. No, not that amount😉, €1. In French and German. It and a similar have sold a few times.

EFJ130.jpg

And two in Dubai, a shiny one

CMXF6J.jpg

and a not-so-shiny one carrying migrant workers to their hovel.

And one of the ads on the side of a London bus. And a Routemaster at a wedding. I was on that one. And a bus stop in Lambeth in 1979.

Only 8 licences out of 88 buses in my port. Numbers game as ever..

Edited by spacecadet

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I've sold pix of a bus.

Admittedly it was a Megabus in Boulogne-sur Mer on its way to Barcelona, but a bus is a bus.

Incidentally it had an amount of money painted on it. No, not that amount😉, €1. In French and German. It and a similar have sold a few times.

EFJ130.jpg

And two in Dubai, a shiny one

CMXF6J.jpg

and a not-so-shiny one carrying migrant workers to their hovel.

And one of the ads on the side of a London bus. And a Routemaster at a wedding. I was on that one. And a bus stop in Lambeth in 1979.

Only 8 licences out of 88 buses in my port. Numbers game as ever..

I live in forlorn hope Mark.  I've sold a few pics of people within buses, and of people getting on/off a bus, but I can't recall a sale showing just a bus ! That's not to say I haven't made such a sale, but the memory, never very good, is not improving .....

The 'Horrible Harvey' inflatable giant monster' on top of the Harvey Nichols department store. Halloween decorations appear in city centre Manchester, England, United Kingdom, ready for the celebration of Halloween or Hallowe'en, as observed in many countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. 

2K9BXAY.jpg

Manchester, UK. 16th October, 2022. Protesters rallied in Piccadilly Gardens, central Manchester, England, United Kingdom, critical of the Iranian Government and angry about the death of Kurdish woman Mahsa Amini, aged 22. She died after being arrested by religious morality police on 16 September, 2022, for not wearing the hijab in accordance with government rules. This led to protests across Iran. Iranian officials claim her death was due to natural causes while protesters believe she was beaten to death. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News

2K6Y2MH.jpg

Tobacco hornworm, likes tobacco and tomato plants among others. I found quite a few eating my tomatoes this year. They were eating the leaves off my tomatoes last year, but I had no idea what was doing it. Their color blends right in and they hide in the shade of the inner plant.  I had to really study & stare hard to spot them this year. They turn into a moth like a hummingbird moth.

the-tobacco-hornworm-manduca-sexta-l-is-

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1