If you are not getting sales

To be fair, for me at least, I'm making it 3 without a crocus. I see that even these have 'crocus' as a keyword so at least it's not some AI bot making it up as it goes along. I see that there are 36,467 in Vital and 39,416 not chosen so remaining in Uncut, quite close, 48%/52%, that seems familiar.

I wonder if these Creative advertising types are as confused as we are.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

To be fair, for me at least, I'm making it 3 without a crocus. I see that even these have 'crocus' as a keyword so at least it's not some AI bot making it up as it goes along. I see that there are 36,467 in Vital and 39,416 not chosen so remaining in Uncut, quite close, 48%/52%, that seems familiar.

so maybe i should be celebrating "Only One" image as Ultimate.  (that said my number of licences is steady since the change)

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

The jury is most certainly out but if it sells you'll get double fees!

interesting.  i just also testing, this also applies if you got to the image from an outside search engine.  

the issue i am seeing with the "Ultimate" selections is that they are not specific to search.  They "handpicked" 🙄 images, and they will appear in all searches that watch KW or Caption as Ultimate.  So an image spammed with KW will appear in a bunch of totally unrelated "Ultimate" searches. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

interesting.  i just also testing, this also applies if you got to the image from an outside search engine.  

the issue i am seeing with the "Ultimate" selections is that they are not specific to search.  They "handpicked" 🙄 images, and they will appear in all searches that watch KW or Caption as Ultimate.  So an image spammed with KW will appear in a bunch of totally unrelated "Ultimate" searches. 

It's easy to forget that pretty much the only purpose of the June redesign of the website was to promote these new Ultimate, Vital & Foundation categories, and a side effect was more or less to hide away the  Editorial image search for which Alamy was widely known and respected. It won't have been cheap. No doubt there are other ways in which they are 'reaching out' to the new 'Creative' market but unless Alamy are finding and pushing out the images for them (which is quite possible I suppose, as they do with Live News apparently) these Creatives will also have to use the website. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

If the one in doubt is 2B8K75P I have leant something new today.  The picture is a Pulsatilla which is in the keywords and apparently there is a common name for the pulsatilla of prairie crocus which I have not heard of before.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, zxzoomy said:

Going back to the OP's question I'm deleting images which I think are weakest to try to improve my CTR. Any thoughts or experiences of doing this?

I tend to put my 'weaker' images into a different pseudo. But even then, some of them sell.

Alan

1 hour ago, Inchiquin said:

I tend to put my 'weaker' images into a different pseudo. But even then, some of them sell.

Alan

Hi Alan, When the weaker images sell do you put them back in the good pseudo?

Allan

5 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

Alan

I've been doing that also. Weaker for the other pseudo, weakest bye bye. Reading the monthly 'what's sold' thread gives an excellent idea of what buyers want, not in subject matter but quality.

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi Alan, When the weaker images sell do you put them back in the good pseudo?

That depends, Allan! If I decide after a sale that perhaps the image is not as bad as I thought, I might change the pseudo. I haven't kept records but I would guess that most stay in the secondary pseudo.

Alan

• Thanks 1

I don't blame Alamy. I blame an oversaturated market where everyone with a phone thinks they're a photographer, the plethora of people who are happy to give their stuff away for credit, and a growing trend to call any content creator who wants to get paid for their work "grifters."

Licensing sites should have done a better job standing up for the creators so far as rates go and what gets accepted (shot on a cellphone? Instant rejection), but many elements are clashing to creating a perfect storm of instant noodle dinners for those of us behind the camera.

I am burnt out, at a loss, and things are only getting worse. I can't even keep myself in coffee off my shots anymore.

• Like 2

On 15/09/2022 at 10:14, Harry Harrison said:

Without giving too much away (Alamy may not want me to give chapter & verse) I can save you the trouble. You have 363 images in Vital and 1 in Ultimate (!). None of those are in Editorial.

you got me curious, so found out my  Ultimate image.  I love the image, but i fail to see how it could be of use to most creators to be honest.  but please licence it. 

also looked at Vitals, and they are mainly birds and flowers since they are the only images i have marked with 'no property"  

• Love 1

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

also looked at Vitals, and they are mainly birds and flowers since they are the only images i have marked with 'no property"  

No Ultimate for me, and only 66 'Vital' so you're doing very well. My Vital are a bit of a ragbag as well, including 7 close-ups of the same plant. Mind you, it's pretty difficult to see what the real advantage, if any, is of having images in Vital is, same fees unlike Ultimate.

• Like 1

I have my name in keywords. Otherwise, I don't know. I initially had three ultimate images. Two of them were Stockimo. Than I only had one... and it was Stockimo. Now I have none. Who know?????

Paulette