Alamy, Is There No Plan . . .

On 19/07/2022 at 03:18, Ed Rooney said:

No plan to fix the 500 internal system error? That was a very useful tool. 

until they fix it, one can list their Alamy portfolio link as a workaround, the default will show all photos listed from newest uploads to older.  better than then the /f:pseudonym link which doesn't list in chronologic order, and only if you can type into the search box fast enough without getting annoyed at the flashing images.

• Love 1

Working for some, not for others.

Maybe it is still in progress - there are a lot of contributors to cover.

My link is now working, a few minutes a go it wasn't. 

Patience.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

My link is now working, a few minutes a go it wasn't. 

I test clicked on yours Ian, 78,000+ images is a good test. Worked fine and fairly quick. I only get 78,840 images up compared to your 79,102 total on here.

I saw some of your 'scanned' trannies so another test occurred to me and I see that your Ponte Rialto images appear under Editorial. Did all your retro images appear here or is this new?

Clicking on the link under our profile now works for me but I see that it activates a 'Same contributor' filter so that any subsequent searches you do on Alamy will only bring up images by that contributor until you 'Clear all'. Could be looked at as a feature I suppose.

Edit: Searching again from a found image clears it.

Edit: Oh no it doesn't, oh yes it does... needs more investigation

Edited by Harry Harrison

23 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

I test clicked on yours Ian, 78,000+ images is a good test. Worked fine and fairly quick. I only get 78,840 images up compared to your 79,102 total on here.

I saw some of your 'scanned' trannies so another test occurred to me and I see that your Ponte Rialto images appear under Editorial. Did all your retro images appear here or is this new?

It seems that Archival images are Editorial. I haven't really been bothered to have a close look so can't answer your question. 

3 minutes ago, Harry Harrison said:

Thanks, I think that might be new but can't be sure, I have a feeling that they didn't appear in Creative or Editorial before, only in 'All'.

There wasn't an Editorial category before. There was Creative and Relevant.

4 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Sorry Harry, I just haven't been following all this. 

No probs Ian, it's just following on from that discussion about what appears in Editorial, does 'Secondary Editorial' for example (No). I hadn't realised that Archival appeared there because I don't have any so I don't know much about them. They don't flag up as "Available for editorial and personal use only. Get in touch for commercial uses ." as normal Editorial images do.

In fact having looked at some figures from previous search results I suspect Archival always did come up under Editorial and I just hadn't noticed.

On 20/07/2022 at 02:59, sooth said:

until they fix it, one can list their Alamy portfolio link as a workaround, the default will show all photos listed from newest uploads to older.  better than then the /f:pseudonym link which doesn't list in chronologic order, and only if you can type into the search box fast enough without getting annoyed at the flashing images.

Deleted

Edited by Betty LaRue

On 19/07/2022 at 02:18, Ed Rooney said:

No plan to fix the 500 internal system error? That was a very useful tool. 

Isn’t it nice, Ed, that it has been fixed? I, for one am giving you credit.
Hear! Hear! For Ed!

• Love 2
  • Like 2