Alamy Measures

Doc

7 hours ago, Doc said:

Hi Alamy!

Measures is clearly not working properly again, and hasn't been for a few days.

Please could it be looked at?

Thanks

Kumar

Or if they're tinkering with it please let us know what they're trying to achieve. Spring sales were way up on what had become norm and now they seem to have collapsed again. It can't all be written off as swings and roundabouts. Whatch-a-playin'-at Alamy? Go on, give us a hint. 😉

On 17/06/2022 at 12:05, Sultanpepa said:

Or if they're tinkering with it please let us know what they're trying to achieve. Spring sales were way up on what had become norm and now they seem to have collapsed again. It can't all be written off as swings and roundabouts. Whatch-a-playin'-at Alamy? Go on, give us a hint. 😉

Buyers are often not presented with a well balanced selection for any search. Many irrelevant images are appearing on the first pages of searches. Ancient inferior images from photographers belonging to other agencies are given preference over long suffering Alamy contributors with broad local coverage. The algorithm has not been improved with these recent changes. Many buyers must be just as frustrated as we are. Things are made even worse when often if you refresh a page or hit the back button you are given a whole new set of  results. Only diligent experienced buyers will know how to find what they want under these conditions.

My Spring sales were also way up before the changes. The new daily "Measures" results are unfortunately accurate. Yours, mine and many others images are not being seen as much as before. There is not much incentive to upload under this current scenario. Yes, Alamy, what are you playing at? Is it working for you?

N.B. above comment was written day before New Web site design format. My initial thoughtful comment on the change was censored.

Edited by Chexy
  • Like 1

Measures is telling me that I had five views yesterday - more than expected - but when I click to see what they were it reports that the page was not found. Alamy's catchphrase should be "If it ain't broke, break it", rather than "Own the page". I'm supposed to be avoiding stress at the moment, so I should probably stay away from Alamy for a few more weeks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

Measures is telling me that I had five views yesterday - more than expected - but when I click to see what they were it reports that the page was not found. Alamy's catchphrase should be "If it ain't broke, break it", rather than "Own the page". I'm supposed to be avoiding stress at the moment, so I should probably stay away from Alamy for a few more weeks.

Just found out by accident that when you exclude yesterday, all is fine.

Or when you click on a pseudonym that did not get any views yesterday, all is displayed also.

Weird.

wim

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Just found out by accident that when you exclude yesterday, all is fine.

Or when you click on a pseudonym that did not get any views yesterday, all is displayed also.

Weird.

wim

Other than that it still doesn't work !

• Like 1

The silence from Alamy is what disturbs me most. The last 'Announcement' from Alamy was the 'Merry Christmas' message. I know they reply to some threads now and again but if changes are made an 'Announcement' would help alleviate the annoyance of contributors perhaps.

I only knew about the re rank because I read the forums. The consequences like so many have reported is a distinct drop in views. The new look website to me is disastrous and anyone epileptic would be put in hospital.

Seems the feeling of partnership the long standing contributors used to feel has evaporated.

• Like 5

Measures still not working this morning. I can click on the zoom number and see what it is but couldn't see the list of views so as to see the search words used by the client.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat
  • Like 3

Still broken here Sunday afternoon - links still get an error message. At least the handful of images I uploaded earlier in the week passed QC quickly but Measures has been broken for too long - it shouldn't take over a week to fix it. What's up Alamy? Not even a clue about what's happened & when it will be fixed? We may complain here but at least that means we're still trying to make a go of it here. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

On a different topic Alamy has posted this about an hour ago but still no mention about measures 

I emailed contributor relations about measures not working and got this reply from Chantelle ... 

"We’re aware of this issue and our technical team are looking into this.

We currently do not have a time frame of when this will be fixed but we ae trying to get this resolved as soon as possible."  

Added 20 views today which is down on the new norm of 40 a day but it was 150+ daily before these 'improvements'. Curiously I am getting an average of a zoom a day so my CTR is heading upwards. 

Fixing whatever has gone wrong seems to be taking a long time.