Greats sales here on Alamy!

Today I had three fantastic sales with a huge personal profit. A real reward for my creative work and a great way to keep paying off all the equipment I use to produce my images. 

By now, you are all waiting to know how much I did make from the three sales. I'm sorry, but it is shameful being the recipient of such large amount. Do you still want to know? Really?

From the three sales I received a staggering grand total of 12 cents. Yes, I was paid 4 cents for each sale!!!! Isn't it extraordinary? Right now, the only thing I'm saying is: Can't wait for the next sales! 

This is not a joke. This is real and is happening right now on ALAMY.  

• Like 1

Same here. 

I just had three sales which netted me 3 cents.

(0.12- 0.04 for Alamy, 0.05 for distributor)

I have not uploaded any new images to my Alamy portfolio in 2022 due to the China sales around New Years'. I was going to wait until I can opt out distribution on April 1st.

Now, my motivation to add any new images here is absolutely 0 (or even below zero if that's possible. ) whether in or out distribution. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 4
  • Dislike 1

I would like to express my joy that the friendly, nice and serious agency Alamy has managed to move up to the very big players. 
When I looked at the dashboard this morning, I had to turn the monitor upright to correctly display yesterday's terrific increase in sales. 
A slope like on the Matterhorn, in this form I did not know it from Alamy. 
Through heroic tireless effort, my Alamy (I hope I'm allowed to say "my Alamy"?) has found happy buyers for almost a dozen images. 
Really great recognition for ridiculously little effort and work I put into these photos. 
And I won't let this feeling of happiness for the intoxicating success take away from me. 
Nor from the fact that these sales only earned me a total of one (1) $. 
Money is not important, it's the emotions that count.
Thank you Alamy. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

I had one relicensed for over $900. The first licence for the same image at the same price was in 2020.

So, not all bad news.

The first time I posted about this I was told that i was boasting so perhaps the moaning on the forum does deter people from sharing good news.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 11
  • Dislike 4

6 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I had one relicensed for over $900.

1 minute ago, Normspics said:

I got an $865 sale too

Nice going. Its good to see that these fees are still happening. My highest in the last few years was around the $400 mark. Here's hoping that some of those biggies come my way.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Colin Woods said:

Nice going. Its good to see that these fees are still happening. My highest in the last few years was around the $400 mark. Here's hoping that some of those biggies come my way.

Yes I hope you share in these licences too, it’s been a while since these levels showed up again.

I can see why Alamy is getting away with paying 3 cents to contributors. 

Instead of condemning these appalling "sales" some find it appropriate to boast your own §§§ sales  - ON A THREAD that discusses nano sales. 

If somebody is hungry and has nothing to eat, do you say, "I'm so, so full, I just ate a four course meal?"

Edited by Taina
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 7
  • Dislike 6

2 hours ago, Taina said:

Instead of condemning these appalling "sales" some find it appropriate to boast your own §§§ sales  - ON A THREAD that discusses nano sales. 

If somebody is hungry and has nothing to eat, do you say, "I'm so, so full, I just ate a four course meal?"

Oh come on- no-one here is "hungry and has nothing to eat". 

It's to show that the news is not all bad. I would like some of the moaners to post their average licence this year. We've all had sales below $1. But we've had sales above $100 too.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

I'm getting a mix of so called 'nano' sales and healthier ones. How is everyone's sales average holding up is the question...

My average has halved from what it used to be, but I'm seeing more sales, so my overall revenue is still increasing each year (along with my portfolio size).

Edited by Steve F
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Taina said:

I do my fair share of criticism of Alamy when I feel it is due.

As I said, and you proved me correct, there are some who do not want to hear any positive news, they just want to moan and groan.

• Like 8
  • Dislike 4

I think hearing about people's good sales is encouraging, and gives me optimism. With the 1st April rapidly approaching, it's useful to get as much information as possible to make choices about what to opt in and out of. As I just mentioned on another thread, I emailed Alamy to ask about the 12 cent sales, and they confirmed they were via a distributor in China. Alamy can't control what price distributors sell at, but we can control which countries we opt out of.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Taina said:

Alamy is getting away with opening up new markets to those who want to join as per the agreement.  i agree with you if i was hungry and needed to eat i too would have participated in these schemes developed by Alamy to get every penny, but thankfully i don't so i don't really cater to this and except for a couple prior to opting out of these schemes i don't have to revenue from them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VbFolly said:

I think hearing about people's good sales is encouraging, and gives me optimism. With the 1st April rapidly approaching, it's useful to get as much information as possible to make choices about what to opt in and out of. As I just mentioned on another thread, I emailed Alamy to ask about the 12 cent sales, and they confirmed they were via a distributor in China. Alamy can't control what price distributors sell at, but we can control which countries we opt out of.

the one thing i will continue to point out is the total lack of information to assist Contributors in making decision about these schemes.  Why were they hiding the origin of the arrangement in the sales in reporting?  

And i disagree with you on controlling price of distributors.  Yes they can, Alamy is the one who signs off on these agreement and agrees with the pricing- if they leave it up to distributor this is still a contractual agreement- it's actually what we pay them for. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

the one thing i will continue to point out is the total lack of information to assist Contributors in making decision about these schemes.  Why were they hiding the origin of the arrangement in the sales in reporting?  

And i disagree with you on controlling price of distributors.  Yes they can, Alamy is the one who signs off on these agreement and agrees with the pricing- if they leave it up to distributor this is still a contractual agreement- it's actually what we pay them for. 

The images I sold at that price were both RF, and that generally means very little if any information is provided, but I was happy that Alamy gave me a clear answer when I emailed them.

I agree that Alamy should probably reconsider some of the distributors they work with.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I do my fair share of criticism of Alamy when I feel it is due.

As I said, and you proved me correct, there are some who do not want to hear any positive news, they just want to moan and groan.

the one part that fascinates me is we keep being told that selling at Micro and nano price at other agency has no impact on market, but now same people have issue with Alamy having using one of these Nano agency, likely white labelled, to boost revenue. 

what i am concerned is how Alamy will protect infringement claims when an image was also mass distributed by them in China.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VbFolly said:

The images I sold at that price were both RF, and that generally means very little if any information is provided, but I was happy that Alamy gave me a clear answer when I emailed them.

I agree that Alamy should probably reconsider some of the distributors they work with.

the December dump identified the Country as China.  my last 3 RF distro identified the country 

3 hours ago, Taina said:

Go and look at the forum and you’ll see plenty of people condemning these low fees. There are no boasters here. And if Alamy is not for you then there sre plenty of other agencies where nano is norm and you dream of getting a micro from time to time. 

• Like 6
  • Dislike 2

I would also call on Alamy to reconsider the window of opt-out opening.  With allowing dump non timely reporting from Distributor they need to match opt-out with this.  Plenty of people would have opted out of this China scheme after the December dump, which was for over 9 months of download- people who had opted out April 2021 still had reports in December. 

If information from these schemes are delayed people we need to at least be able to take action when we finally find out about them.  I don't want to close All distro, i've had some fine fees from a few markets, but now I struggling with what a keep start Friday.