Greats sales here on Alamy!

9 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Yay..!  I've just noticed I've had my first downvote.  At last I've joined the Red Arrows club... yippee....🙂

For reporting good news... Honestly, some people...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

11 minutes ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Yay..!  I've just noticed I've had my first downvote.  At last I've joined the Red Arrows club... yippee....🙂

welcome to the club.  

Downvoted for reporting a $$$ sale. Some people like being miserable.  Soon they will start claiming these are Fake News.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Oh come on- no-one here is "hungry and has nothing to eat". 

It's to show that the news is not all bad. I would like some of the moaners to post their average licence this year. We've all had sales below $1. But we've had sales above $100 too.

Selling at 3 cents is no way sustainable and photographers together could stop this nonsense IF they had any solidarity.

But the responses to this thread clearly show that photographers have absolutely none. 

This is why Alamy can do whatever they want.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Taina said:

Selling at 3 cents is no way sustainable and photographers together could stop this nonsense IF they had any solidarity.

But the responses to this thread clearly show that photographers have absolutely none. 

but these were optional stream of sales, so it is the Contributors that have made the decision to be part of them by joining and also making images RF.  I did not get any 3 cents sale. 

Yes Alamy needs to be better at communicating, but Contributors have always had control on this deal. 

26 minutes ago, Taina said:

in addition the whole discourse of "stand up to Alamy, photographers need to stop this nonsense" is the same many have had towards Contributors who also distribute through the major MicroStock agency.  So do you believe all Contributors should stick together and remove all their images from their also? 

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Just now, meanderingemu said:

i guess we cross typed and you beat me to it. 😀

I get the impression that it is those who are with microstock who - bizarrely - are the loudest voices complaining about low fees at Alamy. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I get the impression that it is those who are with microstock who - bizarrely - are the loudest voices complaining about low fees at Alamy. 

which is why i'll complain about a $1 licence on a Live News usage, or no impact on trying to get away with not paying using an image for free for over a year, but when i compete on the Micro market I have to accept micro fees- i segment my approach as so. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

well done (i got one also), as well as Genevieve (curious @gvallee do you still write your name with accent, or have you giving up?),,,,  

Let's have a party! I use your trick for accents on my tablet, otherwise I mostly give up. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gvallee said:

Let's have a party! I use your trick for accents on my tablet, otherwise I mostly give up. 

I have a friend called Geneviève and although she's as English as I am I always write her name with an accent, as does she.

Alan

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

I have a friend called Geneviève and although she's as English as I am I always write her name with an accent, as does she.

Alan

Very considerate of you. I must admit I'm not fond of my name and like to be called Gen. Most people do, much more simple as well. So I don't often have to bother with the accents.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Very considerate of you. I must admit I'm not fond of my name and like to be called Gen. Most people do, much more simple as well. So I don't often have to bother with the accents.

I have a little green sheet of paper with all the alt codes for diacritical marks, but this forum seems to confound the common ones by using the key presses for something else. Trying to get an e acute seems to cause a scroll down instead. Annoying. I have to copy and paste instead.

It's a courtesy for captions but fortunately ignored in tags, as long as you remember the extra "e" for an umlaut.

Edited by spacecadet

23 hours ago, Steve F said:

I'm getting a mix of so called 'nano' sales and healthier ones. How is everyone's sales average holding up is the question...

My average has halved from what it used to be, but I'm seeing more sales, so my overall revenue is still increasing each year (along with my portfolio size).

Exactly my experience Steve, numbers have more than doubled and price per image way down, however the overall mix of nano + decent sales have produced revenue slightly up on last year, so no complaints.
Also, complaining is pointless unless it can actuate change. If it cannot actuate change, it's no more than moaning/whingeing/making everyone else miserable. Alamy is now fighting in a different market, we're all free to stay or go as we choose. Those who don't like it would be better advised to leave rather than spend their time chucking dollies out of their pram.

(Awaiting red arrows...)

• Like 3
  • Dislike 2

33 minutes ago, TeeCee said:

Exactly my experience Steve, numbers have more than doubled and price per image way down, however the overall mix of nano + decent sales have produced revenue slightly up on last year, so no complaints.
Also, complaining is pointless unless it can actuate change. If it cannot actuate change, it's no more than moaning/whingeing/making everyone else miserable. Alamy is now fighting in a different market, we're all free to stay or go as we choose. Those who don't like it would be better advised to leave rather than spend their time chucking dollies out of their pram.

(Awaiting red arrows...)

green arrow from me, though i am always confused when i should us Green Arrow vs Heart vs Thanks....  from reaction i saw from someone it seems the Smile is not to be used generally.

I do think some of the criticism is fair.  What I find weird is being miserable about it and attacking those that still want to work with Alamy. 

• Like 1

So when Alamy cut our royalties (while donating 6M to charity) last year I've read 116 of pages of complaints from everyone,  including  those who now call the moaners miserable and advise them to leave. You guys are funny.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2022 at 18:18, geogphotos said:

The first time I posted about this I was told that i was boasting so perhaps the moaning on the forum does deter people from sharing good news.

There are forum members who will tell you that it's forum (by which they mean their) policy not to state specific sales amounts, because it will encourage buyers to campaign for lower fees, or some such nonsense. I say publish and be damned, as it might encourage Alamy to put their fees up. My latest RF sales (today) was for $1.68.

Edited by Steve Valentia
  • Like 1

On 31/03/2022 at 09:29, gvallee said:

I must admit I'm not fond of my name and like to be called Gen.

Only my oldest and dearest friends are allowed to call me Al :)

Alan