Sales & immediately refunded ?

Ace

18 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Yes, 3 like this for me today. I imagine they'll reappear as sales tomorrow. 😎

Likewise 3 for me today, I hope that you are correct!

28 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Yes, 3 like this for me today. I imagine they'll reappear as sales tomorrow. 😎

With me it was 3 sales from January coming in again as sales at a slightly lower price and the January sales were then refunded.

Maybe have a look at your January sales to see if there are sales there which match the refund 🤔

Edited by AlanW

13 minutes ago, AlanW said:

With me it was 3 sales from January coming in again as sales at a slightly lower price and the January sales were then refunded.

Maybe have a look at your January sales to see if there are sales there which match the refund 🤔

Two of them fit that pattern, but not the third. Might be from earlier but I've lost the will to..........

I had 3 January sales refunded and resold at slightly lower prices today. I also had a similar refund and resale earlier this month - that resale was for slightly more. I don't know the reason, but in each case it happened a day or two before they were due to clear.  This means none of these 4 sales will clear for another 45 days - very annoying!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

Just had 4 refunds come in for licences back in January over 100 Euro's worth so no small beans. 🤬

Update new licences for the refunds at lower fee what's that all about, must be Alamy detected a brief increase in moral to stamp on.😒

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

I've had 8, all but one with a higher deduction.

Waiting to see what happens overnight. If it does'nt self right then I'll email Alamy. 🤔

Already sent a snotty email to Alamy for and explanation. Awaiting a reply pass on to you all.

• Thanks 1

All very strange. People buying then getting a refund at the same moment .

Maybe see them as sales show up tomorrow for much more money 💰 

This mornings sales report provides some clarity.

8 sales from the 27th Jan refunded yesterday and then replaced for a few pennies less today.

Only real damage is the integrity of the sales report. 

It's a bit clumsy but not as bad as watching the news. 

Stay safe.  🤔

• Love 1

These are all sales for The Times/Sun newspapers. I had 15 refunded and resold for a little less. Presumably an adjustment of the rate for images used that month as the price depends on the total used. 

Edited by Sally

On 10/03/2022 at 16:21, VbFolly said:

I had 3 January sales refunded and resold at slightly lower prices today. I also had a similar refund and resale earlier this month - that resale was for slightly more. I don't know the reason, but in each case it happened a day or two before they were due to clear.  This means none of these 4 sales will clear for another 45 days - very annoying!

The whole resetting of the 45 days period by Alamy is just ridiculous.. They already held the fund for a significant period.

My worse case was a late September Sale, that was cancelled on December 17. 

The Sale suddenly re-appears one month later, with a licence date of December 17??? 

and the 45 days now start again From mid-January.  (was cleared exactly 45 day from this latest, so there was no issue)  

• Like 1

Related is fact that Alamy still has not addressed how these refunds will affect people's Level under the new contract.  If i look at my example above, had this been in June/July, I may have dropped level, and then only got 20% of the sale, and find myself at 20% in the 2022-23 payment year.  

I always thought the reason for the price difference of a few cents was that the buyer has re-purchased at the same price in their own currency but the foreign exchange rate has changed slightly hence the slight difference in price showing in our account.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndrewP said:

I always thought the reason for the price difference of a few cents was that the buyer has re-purchased at the same price in their own currency but the foreign exchange rate has changed slightly hence the slight difference in price showing in our account.

But is it bias that people seem to only have reported cases downwards?

2 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

But is it bias that people seem to only have reported cases downwards?

I've had re-purchases both a bit higher and a bit lower but I'm sure there is a lot of confirmation bias and loss aversion going on in some cases.

15 minutes ago, AndrewP said:

I've had re-purchases both a bit higher and a bit lower but I'm sure there is a lot of confirmation bias and loss aversion going on in some cases.

I too have had re-purchases go in both directions. Some have even stayed the same, maybe different terms.

1 hour ago, AndrewP said:

i guess people mainly report when it goes down....  I've only had one (down) so was curious. 

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I too have had re-purchases go in both directions. Some have even stayed the same, maybe different terms.

same would likely be because original price was in same currency as your payout, so no currency impact.