4 hours ago, SamanthaO said:

Have any regular Alamy photographers had experience using Stockimo? Wondering if it is another potential revenue stream or a waste of time and best left to the younger generation.

I do have a  small portfolio of images on Stockimo, now totaling 855  and have made 51 sales  totaling about $400.  But I do struggle to take images in the "style" they seem to require!   

I have 138 images, a mix of their style and simple editorial images, last time I uploaded was 5 months ago a handful from the relatively covid-free summer.  I've had 4 licenses so far averaging $10 net to me per license, both their style and straight editorial. 

I enjoy the creativity it allows me and may challenge myself to one image a day at some point, perhaps after a pretty snowfall or when it gets warm again. Give it a try. 

I'm 63 btw, so you only need to use your imagination. I've had a few images in the weekly grid of greatness, even one I came upon by chance this summer that I'd uploaded a few years ago. 

Last sale was a couple of months ago, a repeat sale of a Stockimo-style image used editorially:

Boats in harbor during the blue hour Waterford, Connecticut USA in summer at night. Stock Photo

• Love 3

On 14/01/2022 at 18:52, John Gaffen said:

I do have a  small portfolio of images on Stockimo, now totaling 855  and have made 51 sales  totaling about $400.  But I do struggle to take images in the "style" they seem to require!   

How long does it take to have images approved via Stockimo? My images through Alamy usually take under an hour (outside of weekends) to be approved, but I submitted images about 3 days ago and haven't heard anything yet. Is this a normal occurrence? I uploaded a variety of images, with a variety of filters to see what style was better suited to the platform.

I have been watching the customer like ratings each day of other peoples images in the app, and I too am confused at the post processing style they desire. There does seem to be a stream of very over processed images, to the extent that halos have formed around the edges of objects - many of these images seem to do very well. I don't object to the use of filters, but post-processing with halos reminds me of the bad old days of excessive processing of HDR images.

Dark grungy images seem to do well on the customer like scale. Does this correspond with the sales you received? Do your sales seem to align with the customer score you received?

On 15/01/2022 at 06:06, Marianne said:

I have 138 images, a mix of their style and simple editorial images, last time I uploaded was 5 months ago a handful from the relatively covid-free summer.  I've had 4 licenses so far averaging $10 net to me per license, both their style and straight editorial. 

I enjoy the creativity it allows me and may challenge myself to one image a day at some point, perhaps after a pretty snowfall or when it gets warm again. Give it a try. 

I'm 63 btw, so you only need to use your imagination.

I too was thinking this could be a creative outlet, for having a bit of fun, rather than sticking to the same style of images that I produce normally for Alamy. Do your sales seem to align with the customer score you received?

On 15/01/2022 at 06:06, Marianne said:

Hi Samantha,

I do have roughly the same number of images on Alamy and Stockimo.

Last financial year, the sales from Stockimo, were actually a bit more (In value per sale, but not in numbers) than the ones on Alamy, for me.

But I joined Stockimo as soon as it started so I might have an advantage on you there, in regards to commission. 

The rating does not look like it influence the sales for me.

Most of my sales with S are actually images with very conservative post-processing.

The overworked ones don't seem as well, for me.

As I have my phone with me most of the time, rather than scrolling FaceBook or Twitter, I prefer working on some photographs for S.

The selection process, is in my opinion not very good for S, but I do not want to discuss this on a public forum.

Just to say that yes in my personal view, it is more of a selection process than a curation process.

And yes the time for selection is very dependant of how many people are working on the selection at any time. It could vary from a few days to well over a week.

I hope that this answer most of your questions?

Have a good day,

Regis

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Oh well wrong again!🙃

I'm surprised too.

While I'm here and the thread is still active, has anyone any experience of shooting Stockimo News? There's very little info on this other than the obvious "If your news photos are accepted, they’ll be available to news picture editors". How quick is acceptance and how long before uploading and appearing in the Live News feed?

10 minutes ago, sb photos said:

I'm surprised too.

While I'm here and the thread is still active, has anyone any experience of shooting Stockimo News? There's very little info on this other than the obvious "If your news photos are accepted, they’ll be available to news picture editors". How quick is acceptance and how long before uploading and appearing in the Live News feed?

Yes, surprising, they used to delete anything Stockimo related really quickly. I've never understood that, actually, seems it would be a good thing to allow us to help each other in all things Alamy related. Anyway, as long as this thread is still here, just curious if you've actually tried to upload a news image thru Stockimo recently? That button/option disappeared from my app a while back.

9 hours ago, sb photos said:

Stockimo News

Didn't know one such thing exists. At least not in my version of the app.

If it exists raises the question of how quickly the approvals go through. The wait times for regular stock takes days and to pass the checks the photos needs to be of particular style. I doubt that style will be applicable for news stock 🤔

p.s. Also surprised how long the S word topic thread had been left to stay 🙂 

2 hours ago, Gnans said:

Didn't know one such thing exists. At least not in my version of the app.

If it exists raises the question of how quickly the approvals go through. The wait times for regular stock takes days and to pass the checks the photos needs to be of particular style. I doubt that style will be applicable for news stock 🤔

p.s. Also surprised how long the S word topic thread had been left to stay 🙂 

Stockimo’s web site claims that for news all that’s required is that uploads are approved by the Live News team. For a company that is supposed to have nothing to do with Alamy there are many obvious links. I think I’ll pass on any aspect of of S. As they pay out when cleared funds are $10 and Alamy when $50, it’s pretty obvious S licences sales must be a lot less, even taking account of their contributor commission only  20% for newcomers.

• Alamy locked this topic