Voting time for the October challenge - World Markets

Abiyoyo

Voting time for the October challenge - World Markets  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite World Market pic

• Big butcher in a Cairo market (apologies to my vegetarian/vegan friends) by Michael Ventura
    • Newport Market by Mr Standfast
    • Elderly gentleman selling religious objects at the Jueves Market in Seville, Spain. by Ed Rooney
    • Market Of La Croix-Rousse in Lyon France. by Regis
    • Chaos in Crete by Bryan
    • Longsight market, Manchester, UK. 1974. by zxzoomy
    • Ecuadorian women in traditional costume buying/selling goods at the local market: by Doc
    • Surrey street market dates back to 13th Century by Gnans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/21 at 11:59

Now it time to vote but first of all I am 200% sympathetic with all previous runners of these challengers, what a nightmare.... in choosing ONLY 8 between much more beautiful images. Apologies for not selecting more, but the rules are the rules.

These are my humble selection.

Big butcher in a Cairo market (apologies to my vegetarian/vegan friends) by Michael Ventura

Africa Middle East Egypt Egyptian Luxor El Souk Market alley shopping and food - a butcher man waits for a customer Stock Photo

Newport Market by Mr Standfast

newport-wales-uk-1st-apr-2019-spring-has

Elderly gentleman selling religious objects at the Jueves Market in Seville, Spain. by Ed Rooney

an-old-man-in-a-stylish-hat-and-scarf-se

Market Of La Croix-Rousse in Lyon France.  by Regis

the-croix-rousse-food-market-in-lyon-fra

Chaos in Crete by Bryan

people-buying-shoes-within-open-air-stre

Longsight market, Manchester, UK. 1974. by zxzoomy

a-male-stallholder-selling-tripe-and-bla

Ecuadorian women in traditional costume buying/selling goods at the local market: by Doc

Ecuador women in traditional costume buying and selling food in the indoor market, Gualaceo, southern Ecuador, Latin Stock Photo

Surrey street market dates back to 13th Century by Gnans

croydon-surrey-street-market-on-a-rainy-

Edited by Abiyoyo

I thought that the pool was going to be closed tonight but it seems that it has been 12 hours earlier, my mistake. In any case congratulation to Michael for wining this very tight pool that only till the day before yesterday was very closed.

Your image remaining me years ago in Cairo while I was in a taxi and while passing near the stating of an alley there was a market with an old man selling poultry in a smoke ambient that I have still fix in my memory. That image was timeless and it was a pity not to take a picture of that. Egypt at that time was not very secure to wandering freely principally in not tourist areas.

Congratulation as well to all participants for sending beautiful images. 

Now Michael your turn for November challenge!!

• Love 2

I should add that my father was born and raised in Cairo until he left for the USA for a college education.  I was fortunate enough to visit there before he passed and got to see some of his favorite places to hang out with his childhood friends.  He was not with me on that trip but I was able to come back and show him the photos I shot, including his boyhood home (still standing) in a suburb of Cairo, called Maadi.

Just now, Cecile Marion said:

Congratulations on the win, Michael!

+1!

19 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I should add that my father was born and raised in Cairo until he left for the USA for a college education.

So you're probably not related to Jesse 🤼‍♂️. 😁

wim

53 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

So you're probably not related to Jesse 🤼‍♂️. 😁

I know you are joking but funny enough, his last name was actually Janos and he picked Ventura as a stage name, he liked the name of the California city "Ventura".  This is all according to Wikipedia.  Also not related to "Ace Ventura"...in case anyone was curious.

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Thank you Betty.  Not sure I get the laughing emoji, but I do like to laugh.  

No fear, Michael, there is a joker out there who thinks laughing emojis are fun and demoralizing when there is nothing funny about a post. Rather infantile. I’m pretty sure I know who it is.  That person probably pulls the legs off insects, too, and kicks the cat. Just a mean-spirited person.

• Love 1