Question

I know there was a discussion quite some time ago about loading through the FTP route but would like to ask the contributors using that route which client they eventually went with and/or which they think is the best one.

Filezilla, FirefTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck, or ClassicFTP.

(Note I am using Safari on iMac and presently using Alamy's web upload which used to be quite quick but now taking an age to upload a few images.)

Thank you in advance for your input.

Allan

7 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I know there was a discussion quite some time ago about loading through the FTP route but would like to ask the contributors using that route which client they eventually went with and/or which they think is the best one.

Filezilla, FirefTP, WinSCP, Cyberduck, or ClassicFTP.

(Note I am using Safari on iMac and presently using Alamy's web upload which used to be quite quick but now taking an age to upload a few images.)

Thank you in advance for your input.

Allan

Filezilla has been good for me, live news and general stock, very fast and easy to use. Windows 10/ microsoft edge.

Andy

• Thanks 1

Fetch has a cute dog but I've never used it for Alamy. The dog runs while it transfers. Very cute. Don't go by me. I like animals and simplicity.

Paulette

• Haha 1

Thank you folks. That is two votes for Filezilla because it does the job.

And one for Fetch because it has a cute dog.🐕

Allan

I used to use the Alamy uploader all the time until I had a problem one day and used Filezilla.

Like aphperspective, I use  Windows 10/ Microsoft Edge and find Filezilla very fast and easy to use too.

John.

I went over to FTP a few years ago. Filezilla is so much (amazingly) quicker than the Alamy uploader. Using on both Windows 10 with Chrome, and Safari on Macbook pro. 

Thoroughly recommended. 

20 hours ago, Stokie said:

I used to use the Alamy uploader all the time until I had a problem one day and used Filezilla.

Like aphperspective, I use  Windows 10/ Microsoft Edge and find Filezilla very fast and easy to use too.

John.

17 hours ago, Webby said:

I went over to FTP a few years ago. Filezilla is so much (amazingly) quicker than the Alamy uploader. Using on both Windows 10 with Chrome, and Safari on Macbook pro. 

Thoroughly recommended. 

Thank you gents.

Allan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1