2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Keep on with the whine I'll bring the cheese.

Ian

Ian, I've given you a lot of "greens" on this forum during my short presence here (I've been active on Alamy for less than 2 years now) and I really respect your knowledge about stock photography ...

I felt sorry for you on a few occasions when you were complaining /or whining ;-)/ about a well known forum member constantly been "not too good" to you ...

Are you really so short-sighted not to feel the same about other forum members?

Please, respect back or just don't say anything.

P.S. Edited a few minutes later - I have a special feeling about the anonymous red arrows...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Like 8
  • Dislike 3

2 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Take more photos, take better photos, take photos people want to pay good money for, and ...er..... top tip......don't put them on Suckerstock.

+1 If what you're doing isn't working, change it up. Research.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Marb said:

I could do but that wont stop my photos being sold for peanuts here, if in fact they do sell at all. 

With an attitude like that you're never going to make more sales or get higher fees.  Of my 43 sales last month, only two were $$$, nine were $$ and the rest were $ tiddlers.  The thing is, I don't stop shooting or uploading.  There's nothing we can do about low fees, apart from shoot Lord Lucan riding Shergar out of a UFO, but that won't happen, so put the crap sale behind you and work even harder! 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

Ognyan, I'm sorry you got all those red arrows. I have campaigned against them since they were first added to our experience. The thing about Marb is that for years and years about 99% of his posts have been negative. It has a cumulative effect so that now when there are so many reasons to be negative we think of the pretty good years when Marb was negative. So sorry, Marb. I think it truly must be hard to see things as dark, dark, dark. It has just become such a habit here on the Forum to roll our eyes at yet another negative post from you. If there is anything that cheers you up, do it!

Paulette

• Love 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Ognyan, I'm sorry you got all those red arrows. I have campaigned against them since they were first added to our experience. The thing about Marb is that for years and years about 99% of his posts have been negative. It has a cumulative effect so that now when there are so many reasons to be negative we think of the pretty good years when Marb was negative. So sorry, Marb. I think it truly must be hard to see things as dark, dark, dark. It has just become such a habit here on the Forum to roll our eyes at yet another negative post from you. If there is anything that cheers you up, do it!

Paulette

That's OK, Paulette!

There are a few green ones, as well 🙂.

For me it's not that important, statistically.

• Like 2

I don't understand how micro stock contributors can moan endlessly about low sale fees on Alamy.

It seems as though some people are just incapable of seeing linkages between the two.

Although accused of showing off and boasting my point is that with Alamy you can and do get really good fees mixed in with the average ones and the truly rubbish ones. It's all part of the mix. 

I had one for around $950 a few months back but realise that I should keep that a secret and concentrate only on the cR8p ones.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I don't understand how micro stock contributors can moan endlessly about low sale fees on Alamy.

It seems as though some people are just incapable of seeing linkages between the two.

Although accused of showing off and boasting my point is that with Alamy you can and do get really good fees mixed in with the average ones and the truly rubbish ones. It's all part of the mix. 

I had one for around $950 a few months back but realise that I should keep that a secret and concentrate only on the cR8p ones.

i'm also curious how people can be happy with fees at places that will keep up to 85% of what they received.  

Great you made $2 per download at an MS, you also got some billionaire an extra $11 on some of these.  So not only is the system encouraging lower price, it's telling powers that be you are fine with them keeping bigger and bigger cuts.  (see locked thread on this forum)  

19 minutes ago, David Pimborough said:

To be honest I think its more a case of we expect more from Alamy who for years have prattled about being the photographer's friend

and then pull stunts like the latest contract changes and with some prices throwing them out at a lower price than a lot of the microstock agencies.

All whilst recording a very large increase in sales revenue.

The micros are what they are but when you can make a couple of hundred dollars from multiple sales in a month then people will work with them.

Whilst with Alamy you just wait and wait for that golden ticket which hardly ever turns up.

The problem with Alamy is that the perception seems to be the same group who end up with high value $$$ sales and a similar group who just get the penny-enny sales (IMHO)

So just to get this straight. Those who support micro-stock are perfectly happy to accept ultra low fees and unfair commission. But they expect Alamy to be different.

In other words these people help create a stock industry market where tiny fees are the norm and and then expect Alamy to be somehow insulated from this? 

And who do they blame for creating this mess? Surely not themselves because that would be too hard to face. So it is all Alamy's fault. Incredible really. 

It seems to me that the problem is not with Alamy but with the inaccurate perceptions that micro-stockers have of it and unrealistic ambitions.

This is what I can't get my head around. People who are on one hand intent of driving fees down and then come over to Alamy and moan about low fees! 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 6

On 17/02/2021 at 11:19, Reimar said:

It happened.  I've had low sales but this is a record.  It's even RM.  Hopefully not a sign of things to come.  I've got enough of these at that other place:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 17-February-2021 ; End: 17-November-2021 ;

Additional Details: Single use across website and/or digital publication such as E-book or PDF, any size, any placement, in perpetuity.

How much you ask?  $0.25 and $0.10 to me.

And people down-voted you for this post. What a bunch of losers. Or idiots who don't understand how things work. #StayInSchoolKids (Let's see how many down-votes I get.)

• Like 3

• Alamy locked this topic