Jump to content

Have you found any Alamy photos February 2021 ?


Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Nigel Kirby said:

 

Iain Masterton -  Beach resort beside Burj Al Arab luxury hotel in Dubai United Arab Emirates  -  Image ID: D5N5G1

 

👍

That was a fun day out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BradleyPhoto said:

2nd feb

The guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2021/feb/02/tell-us-are-you-a-university-student-struggling-financially-due-to-covid

Have you lost support from your parents or lost your job? Photograph: Kumar Sriskandan/Alamy

Thanks BradleyPhoto - Feb. got off to a good start!

 

KR

Kumar

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Times online 3rd
Ireland

 

Bantry, West Cork, Ireland. 2nd Feb, 2021. Bantry town centre was deserted this morning. Bantry has one of the highest number of COVID-19 cases in County Cork. Credit: AG News/Alamy Live News - Image ID: 2E930HB

 

Thanks for the spot, Bryan. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Iain and Alan

Nigel

 

Sun Online

 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/5229986/cold-weather-payment-winter-postcode-check-2021/

Realimage - Elderly old woman alone at home with a rug on knees keeping warm indoors by electric fire

with snow outside the windows in winter UK Britain - Image ID: BGGFJH

 

Edited by Nigel Kirby
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Sun Online

 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/5229986/cold-weather-payment-winter-postcode-check-2021/

Realimage - Elderly old woman alone at home with a rug on knees keeping warm indoors by electric fire

with snow outside the windows in winter UK Britain - Image ID: BGGFJH

 

Many thanks for reporting Nigel.

 

Pearl

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

02/02/2021 Daily Mail (print)

Kate Bingham, Head of the UK Vaccine Taskforce, trying out mountain bike bog snorkelling in 2013. DD32AN Graham M Lawrence

Woman with shoulder pain, computer illustration. PR1T1N Science Photo LIbrary

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guardian 3rd feb

More than 80% of global farmland is used to raise animals, which provide only 18% of calories eaten. Photograph: Alamy

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/feb/03/plant-based-diets-crucial-to-saving-global-wildlife-says-report

 

 The inspectors found deceased patients were not always moved from wards at Good Hope hospital in Sutton Coldfield in a timely manner. Photograph: Alamy

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/03/dead-patient-left-birmingham-ward-hours-cqc-nhs

 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Iain, Andy and Noel !

 

Looks like my desktop computer is unwell, so I probably won't be reporting Times usage until it is fixed or replaced. 😢

  • Sad 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard luck Bryan, hope you can get it sorted.

 

03/02/2021 Daily Telegraph (print)

Kate Bingham, Head of the UK Vaccine Taskforce, trying mountain bike bog snorkelling in 2013. DD32AN Graham M Lawrence

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheers Pearl

Nigel

 

Guardian Online

 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/04/self-employed-amazon-driver-company-delivered

David Burton person delivering amazon parcel at front door, norfolk, england  -  Image ID: 2D9ENK3

 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2021/feb/02/buy-now-pay-later-klarna-fca-covid-19-pandemic

M4OS Photos  -  A man looks at his iPhone which displays the Klarna logo (Editorial use only).  -  Image ID: T2AKB1

 

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/feb/04/bt-warns-rural-areas-will-suffer-broadband-delays-unless-government-steps-up

Ian Rutherford BT Openreach engineer works on upgrading a telephone exchange to superfast broadband near Livingston West Lothian.  -  Image ID: HG40AE

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20210202-how-mindfulness-can-blunt-your-feelings-and-spike-anxiety

Three images on the Beeb here.

Thought I would have a look at Bryan's daily morning task.

It's time consuming so hats off to Bryan and hope you can sort out the tech.

 

Those are:

Back view of woman meditating on floor at home. Stock Photo

2BFP451 by Olena Serzhanova

 

Close up African American woman doing Padmasana exercise, practicing yoga Stock Photo

2AJRHFF by Aleksandr Davydov

 

Close up black students take off glasses massaging eyes Stock Photo

RP1709 by Aleksandr Davydov

Edited by losdemas
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, losdemas said:

 

Those are:

Back view of woman meditating on floor at home. Stock Photo

2BFP451 by Olena Serzhanova

 

Close up African American woman doing Padmasana exercise, practicing yoga Stock Photo

2AJRHFF by Aleksandr Davydov

 

Close up black students take off glasses massaging eyes Stock Photo

RP1709 by Aleksandr Davydov

Great, thanks Danny. Not sure how you find the images on Alamy. When I did a google search not one appeared as Alamy!

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

Great, thanks Danny. Not sure how you find the images on Alamy. When I did a google search not one appeared as Alamy!

NP.

 

I didn't actually use Google directly, I used the browser AddOn Search by Image.

 

I have it set up to search for images by certain defined search engines. This time I just reverse-searched on the Alamy site.  The way the images are added to that article make it a little awkward as the file extension when you rt-click to 'view image' is .webp, (example). I simply changed that to .jpg (example), then rt-clicked to search by image on the Alamy site - and there they are. As with all reverse image searches, it's not perfect, and the example I give (for the header image) didn't work by reverse searching the Alamy site. I tried TinEye - which only has the image listed on another stock site; Bing has it listed on a further different stock site; then - finally! - both Google and Yandex have links to the image on Alamy! But for each search, I used Search by Image. Highly recommended.

 

Just seen your other link. I'll take a look.

Edited by losdemas
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, losdemas said:

NP.

 

I didn't actually use Google directly, I used the browser AddOn Search by Image.

 

I have it set up to search for images by certain defined search engines. This time I just reverse-searched on the Alamy site.  The way the images are added to that article make it a little awkward as the file extension when you rt-click to 'view image' is .webp, (example). I simply changed that to .jpg (example), then rt-clicked to search by image on the Alamy site - and there they are. As with all reverse image searches, it's not perfect, and the example I give (for the header image) didn't work by reverse searching the Alamy site. I tried TinEye - which only has the image listed on another stock site; Bing has it listed on a further different stock site; then - finally! - both Google and Yandex have links to the image on Alamy! But for each search, I used Search by Image. Highly recommended.

 

Just seen your other link. I'll take a look.

Thanks for the info Danny. Just shows how much effort Bryan makes!

Hopefully he'll be back soon.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony ALS said:

Great, thanks Danny. Not sure how you find the images on Alamy. When I did a google search not one appeared as Alamy!

Tony just drop the newspaper image into https://tineye.com/

this should come up with the info/ link.

 

Regards

Nigel

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.