Refund of PU - frustrating.

This is getting really frustrating. 

Few times already in last few months i am getting a Personal Use sale, which is being refunded few days later. This being for personal use, presentations etc. there is no way for me / or Alamy to track its usage, making it extremely easy for dishonest ones to abuse the system.

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 05 January 2021
End: 05 January 2026

Sale refunded - Original sale date (21 January 2021)

Did any of you experienced similar?

• Love 2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Yes, I've had a couple. Photo of a tube of ointment was one of them, no doubt purchased for medical reasons. :wacko:

Mark

Preparation H probably....

I would have thought it very simple to not allow refunds on PU sales. Its not like they are a publisher laying out page layout etc and trying to decide which images make the final cut. If a PU sale, payment should be on download, no refund, very simple.

Not sure if anyone else has seen a healthy uplift in sales prices since the takeover, but i've seen a few three figure sales going through recently, long may it continue.

Edited by isphoto
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, isphoto said:

I would have thought it very simple to not allow refunds on PU sales. Its not like they are a publisher laying out page layout etc and trying to decide which images make the final cut. If a PU sale, payment should be on download, no refund, very simple.

Aren't you forced in some places to offer refunds within certain time period for internet purchase?  Wouldn't Alamy have to abide? 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Aren't you forced in some places to offer refunds within certain time period for internet purchase?  Wouldn't Alamy have to abide? 

It probably isn't covered by the UK consumer regulations, as a purchaser would have to waive these rights in order to get the download but in any case, Alamy's refund policy is more generous than the law.

i haven't jet found a PU misuse as such, others have, but not arising from a fraudulent refund, I don't think.

Edited by spacecadet

On 28/01/2021 at 09:12, Pietrach said:

This is getting really frustrating. 

Few times already in last few months i am getting a Personal Use sale, which is being refunded few days later. This being for personal use, presentations etc. there is no way for me / or Alamy to track its usage, making it extremely easy for dishonest ones to abuse the system.

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 05 January 2021
End: 05 January 2026

Sale refunded - Original sale date (21 January 2021)

Did any of you experienced similar?

It's super-annoying for sure, but Alamy say lots of people buy files - not only pics of meds - as 'personal use', thinking they're buying the product. I'd like to hope they can see that a file was not downloaded. (However, if it's refunded only a few days after a purchase, that would be a bit soon for a buyer to complain about not having received something by mail.) You'd think people, especially if abroad, and not really understanding English or what stock images are, might expect to see how a product is going to be delivered, but who knows?

On 01/02/2021 at 00:27, Cryptoprocta said:

It's super-annoying for sure, but Alamy say lots of people buy files - not only pics of meds - as 'personal use', thinking they're buying the product. I'd like to hope they can see that a file was not downloaded. (However, if it's refunded only a few days after a purchase, that would be a bit soon for a buyer to complain about not having received something by mail.) You'd think people, especially if abroad, and not really understanding English or what stock images are, might expect to see how a product is going to be delivered, but who knows?

This does sound like a possibilty.

Some years ago, I would receive calls and emails via my Photoshelter site for price and shipping details for the products appearing in my pictures. Most notoriously (which I've mentioned a few times on this forum) were the endless calls I'd get for ostrich eggs. But they weren't from those with poor English, rather people who just didn't bother to read the conext on Alamy and my PS site. So it's entirely possible that these are the numpties who might download a picture, expecting that tube of 'lube' will appear on their doorstep two days later. 

Meanwhile, here's a picture of an ostrich egg - and I can tell you, those pesky birds sure do have a nip.

ostrich-farmer-robert-bailey-with-some-o

3 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

Some years ago, I would receive calls and emails via my Photoshelter site for price and shipping details for the products appearing in my pictures. Most notoriously (which I've mentioned a few times on this forum) were the endless calls I'd get for ostrich eggs. But they weren't from those with poor English, rather people who just didn't bother to read the conext on Alamy and my PS site. So it's entirely possible that these are the numpties who might download a picture, expecting that tube of 'lube' will appear on their doorstep two days later. 

Meanwhile, here's a picture of an ostrich egg - and I can tell you, those pesky birds sure do have a nip.

Do those Alamy jumpers come in xxxl?

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Richard Baker said:

And a hell of a kick.

Allan

"get the customer to confirm before they download or stream content that they are aware they’ll lose their 14 day right to cancel."

Sounds good to me and Alamy can introduce it legally.

Allan

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bill Allsopp said:

I'v had one for a packet of medicine, go figure.

I had several in a shortish period of time from some boxes of tablets. Not one since I rewrote my captions on these to start with "A stock photo of ..." (though lots of people don't know what a stock photo is.)

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2021 at 11:38, M.Chapman said:

Yes, I've had a couple. Photo of a tube of ointment was one of them, no doubt purchased for medical reasons. :wacko:

Mark

And now it's just happened again.

PP3BK4 sold on 11th for PU $13.21 Gross, then refunded today. :wacko::(

Mark