Early morning Dopamine message?

Anyone else feel a bit deflated when they don't receive an early morning dopamine boost from seeing a sale on Alamy?  I know its a bit sad and rather pathetic but it is so much harder getting out of bed on these grey mornings without that little pick-me-up! Do you think I could possibly sue on medical grounds? 😉

• Love 4

On 09/10/2020 at 16:05, geogphotos said:

This is why people get hooked on microstock.......the drip drip drip

But far better is something good with Alamy, especially if you have had to wait for the hit. 

The waiting this month is causing me some PTSD type symptoms! 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2020 at 11:05, geogphotos said:

This is why people get hooked on microstock.......the drip drip drip

Quite right.  So far this month I've had two hits at Alamy for $8.  The problem I have is I keep looking to check for more when I check my other sites.  More positive feedback (and drips) there with $43 and $32 so far this month.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Quite right.  So far this month I've had two hits at Alamy for $8.  The problem I have is I keep looking to check for more when I check my other sites.  More positive feedback (and drips) there with $43 and $32 so far this month.

$43 you say. 

Hit the big time at last eh!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

I check often and it's like the old saw about insanity being repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different result. So I checked yet again and — surprise, surprise — there was a sale! First one since early August, but it was for low $$$. Good old Alamy.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Martin L said:

It doesn't seem quite right when people belittle other people's earnings

I am not belittling anybody just annoyed that there are always some people promoting microstock on the Alamy site which is against forum rules. 

If I was to post on a microstock forum about my Alamy earnings how well would that be received? 

And to then think that $43 is big news 🤪

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 2
  • Like 6
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

I am not belittling anybody just annoyed that there are always some people promoting microstock on the Alamy site which is against forum rules.  

True, I apologise, it didn't come across very well that's all

5 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

If I was to post on a microstock forum about my Alamy earnings how well would that be received?  

Probably with jealously

6 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

And to then think that $43 is big news 

For some people it probably is

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Martin L said:

For some people it probably is

In terms of satisfying my dopamine craving I am going to take more notice of those photographers for whom $43 is not big news. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

In terms of satisfying my dopamine craving I am going to take more notice of those photographers for whom $43 is not big news. 

We are different then as I take notice of the quality of the work regardless of earnings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin L said:

We are different then as I take notice of the quality of the work regardless of earnings. 

We are all different. I like looking at good quality work, I particularly like looking at the work of those who are successfully licensing stock photos on Alamy. 

To me microstock is a totally destructive force which is taking away the livelihood of stock photographers ( drip by drip ). Please do not expect me to approve of it or of it being promoted on this forum - which I repeat is against Alamy's forum rules. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, geogphotos said:

$43 you say. 

Hit the big time at last eh!

Hey, I'm not trying to impress anyone.  I'm just sharing my experience.  Sometimes that can help other people.

A couple of years ago you shared your experience with UIG and I signed on as a result.  (And while I'm sharing, yes Getty is mostly micro prices but I did get a $3125 gross sale there this year, so one lives in hope.)

Edited by Reimar
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Hey, I'm not trying to impress anyone.  I'm just sharing my experience.  Sometimes that can help other people.

A couple of years ago you shared your experience with UIG and I signed on as a result.  (And while I'm sharing, yes Getty is mostly micro prices but I did get a $3125 gross sale there this year, so one lives in hope.)

You emailed me.