Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

15 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Well you guys are lucky. You can fry your eggs on the stove rather than the sidewalk.

Fried eggs NO!  Only poached😃

Allan

5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Fried eggs NO!  Only poached😃

Allan

I have mine over medium, scrambled or boiled in the shell. Todays lunch…oven-baked bacon for a bacon & tomato sandwich. My cholesterol is just fine. I eat meat, but not every day. My sandwiches this week have been chicken salad on oat bread with a small side of potato salad. I’ve been eating lots & lots of home grown tomatoes.

This morning I did something I've been "meaning to do" for a long time. I have a cat-sitting client one block from the Hudson River and I have a 5 or 6 block walk to get a bus home. Today instead of walking down an "inland" street I walked over to the river and enjoyed myself. There were a lot of runners and I had my RX100 with me. I decided it would be fun to try to capture some feet. I may not have anything useful but it was definitely fun. They might be good for "playing" with instead of just a straight treatment. Maybe tomorrow.

Paulette

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NYCat said:

This morning I did something I've been "meaning to do" for a long time. I have a cat-sitting client one block from the Hudson River and I have a 5 or 6 block walk to get a bus home. Today instead of walking down an "inland" street I walked over to the river and enjoyed myself. There were a lot of runners and I had my RX100 with me. I decided it would be fun to try to capture some feet. I may not have anything useful but it was definitely fun. They might be good for "playing" with instead of just a straight treatment. Maybe tomorrow.

Paulette

Ah "Footographs..... a photographer in Washington State did a funny book of them.

Called himself a "Footographer."

Chuck

• Like 1

good news / bad news;
optimistically posting in good news

a. wifey's photo of museum entrance made front of
Sunday's New York Times Arts-Entertainment page;
quite the thrill & source of pride for her...

b. due to wifey's prescription dosage issue, 22-night
Oct Spain trip canned
as it was too long & too soon;

c. BUT...now we have 13-night Merida MX Nov reservations
(only ~2 hr flight)
  • Like 1

Luis is back after two weeks recovery from the appendectomy.   Lola was happy to see him.  We talked about what he was and wasn't going to be doing next.   He saw that I'd gotten the plants he'd bought for me into pots.   Also, I showed him some photos I'd taken with and without using a reflector.  

• Like 2

Hard to know if this is a good thing or bad thing. Elements of both. Late Saturday, my son flew in from Tennessee & we drove 3 hours south Sunday morning to a birthday celebration of a family member. I took my Sony RX100-3, & took pictures. I also already had some stock pictures on the card.

Fast forward to yesterday when I went to download from my Fuji camera & Sony cards & couldn’t find my Sony. I searched the house multiple times…same thing with the car.

Sent out an Alarm to the family who had staged the party at a church, & alarmed several people. I remembered having the camera in my hand & setting it down on the corner of the refreshments table when I was asked to stand with the birthday person for pictures, but didn’t remember picking it back up.

Late last night just before bedtime, I remembered when we stopped for fuel on the way home, I got out & took a few shots of the gasoline pumps.

Back to the car. I had searched under my seat from the front. This time I laid in the back floor, and using a flashlight, searched under my seat from that angle & found where it had slid to (in its case) in a place not visible from the front.

Mea culpa. Very relieved,  but dang, these small cameras are hard to keep up with.

Part of the problem is that when out in my car, I always have the camera in my purse or on the passenger seat & visible. With my son driving & me sitting in the passenger seat, I put the camera in it’s case on the floor, where it slid around, obviously. I had stuffed my smaller purse too full for it.

All’s well that ends well, but I hate going on panic searches.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

All’s well that ends well, but I hate going on panic searches.

This usually happens to me with a phone, when I do I chide myself for not putting a phone number on it somewhere, in the case of a phone somebody else's number of course, I still haven't done it though!! It's true that if it's in the house I can ring it of course but if it isn't......last time I lost it it had fallen out of my pocket into the mud and I had reversed over it, it was still there the next morning. I'm using a different phone now though it did work for a bit - Iphone SE 2016.

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

This usually happens to me with a phone, when I do I chide myself for not putting a phone number on it somewhere, in the case of a phone somebody else's number of course, I still haven't done it though!! It's true that if it's in the house I can ring it of course but if it isn't......last time I lost it it had fallen out of my pocket into the mud and I had reversed over it, it was still there the next morning. I'm using a different phone now though it did work for a bit - Iphone SE 2016.

I'm always looking for my glasses... which are invariably on my head :)

I was recently in my office talking to my daughter on my mobile phone while working on the computer, then I started to panic because I could not see my phone where I usually put it when in my office. Quickly searched around panic getting worse. My daughter asked me what the matter was and I told her I think I've lost my phone.

She started to laugh then I realised I was holding it to my ear.

Allan

• Love 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I was recently in my office talking to my daughter on my mobile phone while working on the computer, then I started to panic because I could not see my phone where I usually put it when in my office. Quickly searched around panic getting worse. My daughter asked me what the matter was and I told her I think I've lost my phone.

She started to laugh then I realised I was holding it to my ear.

Allan

That can happen to all of us. Last night I dozed off while waiting for my wife to come in. My MBP was still on my lap, but I couldn’t see my glasses where I usually put them. I eventually found I was wearing them. That was unusual as I normally take them off when using computers. They are such a good fit I never felt them on me. Panic over.

17 minutes ago, sb photos said:

That can happen to all of us. Last night I dozed off while waiting for my wife to come in. My MBP was still on my lap, but I couldn’t see my glasses where I usually put them. I eventually found I was wearing them. That was unusual as I normally take them off when using computers. They are such a good fit I never felt them on me. Panic over.

I think it is getting worse the older I get.

Allan

As far as the phone goes, it’s like this. Most of the time I’m not wearing clothing with big enough pockets for the phone. If I’m expecting a call, I carry it around in my hand, then lay it down to do things. Inevitably when finished with my chore, I walk off without it. Then have to search & sometimes still can’t find it. I have a big house with two floors. About 2700 sq feet. In the past, I’ve sent my daughter a message from my iPad to call my phone, then I listen for its ring & find it.

A couple of weeks ago, I had a bright idea. (I know, fewer & fewer of those these days). I have the Alexa tower, & simply asked Alexa to call my phone number. She did, & I found my phone on top of the clothes dryer where I’d left it while doing laundry. No more bothering someone.

Allan, yours is the funniest story I’ve heard for awhile. :lol:

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Thanks 1

On 20/09/2023 at 14:32, Betty LaRue said:

Back to the car. I had searched under my seat from the front. This time I laid in the back floor, and using a flashlight, searched under my seat from that angle & found where it had slid to (in its case) in a place not visible from the front.

Mea culpa. Very relieved,  but dang, these small cameras are hard to keep up with.

Done the self same thing myself. Actually drove home thinking I had forgotten to bring the camera !

But a very good thing, with the weather turning a tad cooler we had our first cheese, leek and potato bake of the season last night, one of my favourites, and with home grown veg.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, Bryan said:

Done the self same thing myself. Actually drove home thinking I had forgotten to bring the camera !

But a very good thing, with the weather turning a tad cooler we had our first cheese, leek and potato bake of the season last night, one of my favourites, and with home grown veg.

That dish sounds much like potatoes Au Gratin. Delicious.

On 20/09/2023 at 23:23, Betty LaRue said:

I have a big house with two floors. About 2700 sq feet. 

I'm in a small studio flat, and I couldn't find my pants yesterday. Yeah, I had them on. 

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

😀

Paulette

Let me clarify. I was looking for a certain pair of cargo pants, my summer navy pair. It was a dark morning so I thought I was wearing a dark grey pair. I looked everywhere, opened all my rolling luggage, pulled everything out of the closet. It turned out that I had put the grey pair in the laundry bag. 🤪

• Alamy locked this topic