Thoughts on Doing a Blog

Okay, I started the new blog. Posted an introduction. I'm having some trouble with the formatting but I hope to get that sorted out. My WiFi is screwed up more than usual.

And I have a virus. That's a human virus, NOT one in my computer, a cold or flu combined with some allergy. I hope you all are feeling fine.

https://edostrange.blogspot.com/2020/01/merseyside.html

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 4

When I click on the link you provided (using my Samsung tablet) it says:

Sorry, the page you were looking for on this blog does not exist.

A page headed Stranger In A Strange Land is displayed, with a photo and profile of you on the right hand side, but no blog about Merseyside.

I would like to make the subheads (Merseyside) larger and the same colour as the title. I would also like to make the blue a little darker. Finally, I want the photo to be larger. But when I make it larger it overlaps and gets tangled up with my bio text.

The instructions I was able to find seem outdated. 

36 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

when I make it larger it overlaps and gets tangled up with my bio text.

Not such a problem when you can click on it and get an enlargement.

Good start, Ed. Looking forward to Mondays.

Edited by spacecadet

34 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I would like to make the subheads (Merseyside) larger and the same colour as the title. I would also like to make the blue a little darker. Finally, I want the photo to be larger. But when I make it larger it overlaps and gets tangled up with my bio text.

The instructions I was able to find seem outdated. 

For my own blog I save pix to the desktop before adding to a blog post (ie not drag 'n' drop). This seems to format them correctly. Then I click on the image and increase the size to 'very big' and 'left'... to align pic with the left margin...

3 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

That's what I am doing, guys. But I'm getting an overlapping as I said. 

I like that snap of the canal pub, John.

I make Alamy pic as big as possible, then drag 'n' drop to the desktop. On my post I hit 'return' a couple of times, to move the cursor down, and make room for pic... then use 'insert image'. I know what you mean about getting pic mixed up with text. I solved the issue... but I can't quite remember how. Keep fiddling about!

Looks good. Hope you feel better soon.

Speaking of things getting strange, we tried to join our son & wife with the simple plan of a viewing at the CineWorld yesterday in Ipswich. Booking, payment, parking all on-line, all f**ked up. How can it be so hard?!  In desperation I went to the Starbucks where the ticket desk used to be and asked for a double Espresso. The lad said :we don't do it like that any more. How many shots  do you want? Ten, I said; I'm still coming down!

Haven't been in a movie house since 2002 (Road to Perdition) and don't do Starbucks. I drink two large mugs of espresso with breakfast and no more throughout the day. Still, I sympathise with your story of failed entertainment and too much caffeine. Should I blame Ipswich, Brexit, American fast food companies, or Boris?  🙄

I said it before and I'll say it again: I miss Village England and envy you folks who call it home. 

Edo, the Blogging Snap-shooter

39 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I said it before and I'll say it again: I miss Village England and envy you folks who call it home. 

Edo, the Blogging Snap-shooter

I'm sure you can take a day trip out to villagey places round about- they won't be quite Oxfordshire but I'm sure they're there.

But you'd soon run out of subjects if you lived in one. You seem to have an eye for Merseyside.

Edited by spacecadet

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I just published my second blog from Liverpool. I'm wondering . . .

Does Blogger or blogspot send out notices on each post or do I have to do that? 

https://edostrange.blogspot.com/2020/02/breakfast-for-lunch.html

Another enjoyable and interesting blog Edo.  I didn't receive notification but I hadn't worked out how I 'join' your blogs.  However, I have just found a small tick box right at the bottom that says 'Notify Me'.  Doesn't give much away though.  Anyway,  I've ticked it so let's see what happens.

2 minutes ago, John Walker said:

However, I have just found a small tick box right at the bottom that says 'Notify Me'.  Doesn't give much away though.  Anyway,  I've ticked it so let's see what happens.

Edo turns up on your doorstep...