We Have a Winner of Dec 2019 "Holiday Spirit" Challenge

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I hope AlexG will see this and take over the next challenge....I saw that he was on the Forum yesterday.  

I was wondering about this too and with the removal of private messaging I wonder if the best thing is to find his original post in the competition, use it as a quote (as I have with yours), and then when he next logs in he will get a notification. Just a thought.

So hard for me to understand this. No doubt I am very self-absorbed and when I am in the final voting I check obsessively to see how my bears are doing!! It has happened now and then lately that people don't seem to understand that winning means taking over the next challenge. We are counting on you Alex. Wonderful evocative image! Let's hear your idea for this month..

Paulette

• Love 2

If you go over to his profile https://discussion.alamy.com/profile/8326-alexg/

you'll notice that he does check in once in a while. Maybe ask him in his most recent thread?

wim

edit: if you quote him, then the little notifications bell will go off or at least show up on his page when he checks in.

Edited by wiskerke
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

you'll notice that he does check in once in a while. Maybe ask him in his most recent thread?

wim

edit: if you quote him, then the little notifications bell will go off or at least show up on his page when he checks in.

That has been tried, but no response yet

i know the month i won i followed when i saw i was leading (mainly stressing about potential of finding a subject 🙂 )  .....  could i suggest that in winner announcement post the person's forum ID be linked so they get a notice at top  ( using @ then  starting to type the ID give you a list)

@AlexG your attendance is required...

• Like 1

Hey! Thank you for the award!

I really just noticed. I did not get the notification earlier. I am very honored. I wish the photo would result in some sales though. =P

Edited by AlexG
  • Like 1

On 08/01/2020 at 10:06, Ed Rooney said:

Congratulations, Alex! A double win -- the monthly challenge and having a child to share Christmas with. 

I am very grateful, thank you! My boys are my blessing.

4 hours ago, wiskerke said:

wim

Thanks for the suggestion, it did wake me up! haha

On 07/01/2020 at 17:33, Michael Ventura said:

Congrats to AlexG for his beautiful winning image.  The January challenge is in your hands now!

Woohoo! I had no idea. Don't know how these really work, haha.

What do you mean by January challenge is in my hands now?

Just now, AlexG said:

You have to call for entries, then set up the poll and announce the winner. If you need help I'm sure Michael will offer it.

Just now, AlexG said:

The winner of each challenge gets to pick a topic, word, theme for the next challenge.  Wim has been keeping a running list of previous challenge topics if that helps.

1 minute ago, Michael Ventura said:

The winner of each challenge gets to pick a topic, word, theme for the next challenge.  Wim has been keeping a running list of previous challenge topics if that helps.

If I pick a word/theme, can someone else setup and lead the challenge? I don't think I'd be good for this. As you see, I am not a daily forum visitor, don't have the time to stay on top of it.