larger number of uploads and QC time

Has anyone any experience of increased time for a large number of images, 100 plus, to pass QC.

I have recently begun to upload a larger number of images and the QC time appears to have increased.

Many thanks

Sue

No, no difference between uploads of 7 and 70, although my long-term average is only 26. Larger batches do tend to pile up, though, and keywording gets a bit intimidating.

Only a sample are viewed- QC know where the likely problem areas are and can zoom in on them.

I upload about every two days (30 to 50 images per batch on average). Even when I start uploading on Monday, my batches seem to clear only on Saturday. VERY annoying! Alamy, I hope you read this and do something about it. I leave on Monday for a week's shooting, so I can spend my Saturday AGAIN ....... keywording. THANKS! :unsure:

Cheers

Philippe

My uploads also clear Saturday morning. My last upload batch was numbered OL2400220 does everyone's start with this sequence of numbers?

or is there some fast track lines for the chosen ones.

Regards

Craig 

ps I hate this forum editor

I can't honestly see a problem with waiting a week for a submission to clear. By the standards of other libraries, a week is very quick.

We have been spoiled in the past with 'delays' of one or two days. The other library I contribute to takes about a month.

Live news gets passed within minutes. Stock isn't generally urgent. If it clears on a Saturday, waiting until Monday to do the keywording really isn't the end of the world (or even the end of the week, if you are away taking more photos) .

I have a batch of 27 images numbered OL23 that were uploaded on Sunday my time (Monday the 14th Alamy time).

Still waiting QC.  No worries...things take time.

I had 31 I uploaded via the news route the day before - I had trouble with the web uploader and had to cancel, then FTP the files in.  I'm willing to bet there are technical difficulties we don't see happening behind the scenes.

I guess there's a "slow lane" that only clears submissions on Saturday. Not sure why I landed in there with 396 (almost as good as flawless) submissions . It's certainly not appreciated!

Cheers,

Philippe

Could it be the agency lane?

wim

Same thing here, two small batches uploaded last Saturday finally passed QC this evening.  Normally they would have passed on Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.  Sadly they are seasonal Halloween images that would have been picked up in an image search yesterday had they been posted sooner.  Can't win them all.

Likewise, I submitted a small batch last Saturday night (just 10) and they went through sometime in the last few hours, Friday evening my time.  The process seems slower than it was in the summer, when I could get at least 2, sometimes even three batches through during the week.

Always a bit worried when it gets to 6 days so I am glad they are through.

I don't see any connection between batch size and waiting time either. My uploads usually take two days now but can be more and rarely less. I uploaded a batch on Wednesday which had passed this morning. Maybe somebody forget to press a button this week until today.

In a fit of boredom I plotted out all my submissions over the last 6 months.  Interestingly my submission made each month between the 10th and 12th is slow to pass QC, taking 7-8 days.  Each time, after a delay, all the images pass.  Then all returns to normal with submissions taking 4-5 days to pass QC until the next month around the 10th.  Batch size seems to have nothing to do with it.

I guess there's a "slow lane" that only clears submissions on Saturday. Not sure why I landed in there with 396 (almost as good as flawless) submissions . It's certainly not appreciated!

Cheers,

Philippe

Not only is there a "slow lane" but also a "very slow lane" and perhaps even a "stagnant lane." I have a batch of 34 images that has been "Awaiting QC" since September 23rd. Perhaps I'll set a new record of some kind. :wacko:

Upload a few and see if it clears a logjam or something. I've done that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure it's a failure. I contacted member services a couple of weeks ago but received the usual pat answers to my questions. So it's my bad, I guess. Nothing to do but keep on waitin'...

John mine too must be in the very slow lane. I uploaded a large batch on 1st October and still waiting. More than likely a fail somewhere although did check them at 100% before upload. Guess its a very long waiting game.

I'm in the same boat John 14 images uploaded on the 26th of september and still waiting unfortunately they are holding up about 450 later submissions. All a bit dull. Dave

My boat has just resurfaced. As always, I was totally wrong in guessing which image had failed. This time it was a shot that ironically had already passed QC a few weeks ago. After uploading, I notice some dust spots that QC had missed and I didn't like the white balance, so I requested deletion and uploaded an "improved" version (the one that has just failed due to "noise"). That should teach me not to try fixing things. :wacko:

It's more like glamorous is okay, but raunchy "glamour" isn't, as I understand it.

Just curious here. They say they don't want "Glamour" But on the opening Page is a Glamour Image.

Archived