Whatever happened to...

Betty LaRue

Question

Jeff Greenberg? Did he disappear with the Exclusive change? Or with the Live News change? Or before? Looks like the last image of a few still in his port is dated 2016. Or is he gone completely and there is another Jeff Greenberg?

The memory is the first thing to go, you know....or maybe it’s something else and I don’t remember what it is. 
What did I come in the kitchen for? :D

Betty

18 answers to this question

Betty, I think it was around the time of the Exclusivity thing, the first round. Pretty sure those are his images.  I do remember him now and again.  Didn't understand much of what he wrote, a bit over my head, would re-read it maybe four times but still didn't get it.  Liked his Avatars though.  Brian, if he did pop by to tell us how he's feeling (I speak for myself only), pretty sure I'd have to pull out a calculator to try and figure it all out. 

Edited by hsessions

I think JG stopped posting here around the time of the Non-exclusivity reduction. I also stopped posting at same at the same time which is why I remember it, but I came limping back many months later. 

Jeff uses lots of pseudos so I wouldn't be too sure that he has stopped contributing to Alamy.

Jeff's business is highly dependent on Alamy and he appears to be going strong. I think you can be sure that he continues to be one of Alamy's highest volume contributors. Jeff is also prominent in the industry as a whole and news of something going wrong in his life would be reported on the various stock photography boards - or maybe even in the photo press. 

I have been on a few trips with Jeff, a bunch of years ago, back when we both belonged to the same travel journalists association (he is no longer a member).  As you can imagine, he is a photo machine, rarely ever saw him not taking a photo.  I do admire his energy, but not always easy to understand, even in person.

Thanks for that. Yes, I remember his posts! 😁  He was always around, then wasn’t. Good to know he’s still shooting. I thought he might have gotten mad and quit Alamy other than those handful of images he left for a bookmark.

Betty

9 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I have been on a few trips with Jeff, a bunch of years ago, back when we both belonged to the same travel journalists association (he is no longer a member).  As you can imagine, he is a photo machine, rarely ever saw him not taking a photo.  I do admire his energy, but not always easy to understand, even in person.

I thought it was just me.  We miss you Jeff!

I thought he had gone off at a tangent buying and selling Adobe stock and Apple stock and making big profits from it such that photography was getting in the way.😃

Missing you Jeff. Even if I could not understand what you were saying at times.🙄

Allan

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Interesting, wim. If he’s spending that much time on FB, I can see his kicking this forum in the street. No return, here. Just camaraderie.

He clearly thinks it's worth it/hopes it will be worth it.

He may be right.

wim