December 2019 Favourite uploads

hdh

Thought I start with giving our children a voice (uploaded as news, stock available today) 

Cologne, Germany. 29th Sep, 2019. Activists marching for action on climate change and carrying signs in English and/or German to that respect. Reportedly approximately 20.000 people took part in that demonstration, Credit: hdh/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

Cologne, Germany. 29th Sep, 2019. Activists marching for action on climate change and carrying signs in English and/or German to that respect. Reportedly approximately 20.000 people took part in that demonstration, Credit: hdh/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

Probably not the best translation but sign says something along the lines of

"Climate is like Ex(boyfriend) -  do not heat up!"  

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I have been visiting the extremely arid area of central Australia where early exploration took place. 

Amazingly, during his 1844-45 Central Australian Expedition to find an inland sea, Captain Charles Sturt dragged a whaling boat all the way from Adelaide. The outfit consisted of:

1 whaling boat and boat carriage, 11 horses, 30 bullocks, 1 horse dray, 1 spring cart, 3 drays, 200 sheep, 2 sheep dogs, 4 kangaroo dogs.

2AC8HG6.jpg

2AC8HJY.jpg

2AC8HWA.jpg

• Love 4

Hornsey town hall, by Reginald Uren, 1932, first modernist building in the UK

2ACRP18.jpg

HMI light on a scissor lift rigged for a film shoot, which is why the windows are blacked out.

They rented my Steenbeck, so I made far more out of this gig than the images ever will.

2ACRPHX.jpg

"Art" in Stockton in August- I'm playing catch-up with the new instant QC.

2ACCXGK.jpg

Beamish museum- driving the replica Puffing Billy

2ACCXGJ.jpg

Pink fashion in Hull

2ACCX20.jpg

More modernist edging in to brutalist by Frederick Gibberd, panel by William Mitchell, 1962

2ACCWYD.jpg

• Love 2

I see this tree nearly every day... it sits in the grounds of my children's primary school. At the weekend, because I was attending a private function at the school, I got a chance to take a photo of it with my camera as opposed to a quick shot with a phone. Not the world's most amazing image but I like the shape and form of this tree and this image will bring back memories in years to come when my children are older and no longer go to primary school.

a-large-tree-in-a-school-playground-has-lost-most-of-its-leaves-at-the-end-of-autumn-or-early-winter-2AC8CAM.jpg

• Love 2

Rochefort trappist beer in Rochefort- the abbey is a mile and a half up the road. Or if you prefer something you can see through...

2ADWA39.jpg2ADWA3E.jpg

The White Cross at Richmond- the door up the steps is how you get in at high tide. Or use a boat.

2ACXH4C.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Love all your Hawaii photos Lisa!  Makes me want to go there again.

What you are not seeing are my legs covered in bug bites. The price of hiking in paradise. 🐜🕷🐝

IMG_9388.jpg

Edited by Lisa
  • Love 1

On 04/12/2019 at 07:58, Alan Beastall said:

An afternoon's stroll in Sherwood Forest now that it as stopped raining for a change.

2AC2B57.jpg

2AC2B23.jpg

Fantastic shots, edge of the storm, into the light. 

The highlights on the fallen leaves on the roads and dark shadows overall, give a texture that one thinks one could feel, if one rubbed their hand against the image.

Highlights, shadows, and lighting really important, when you are converting a real 3D scene, to a flat 2D surface.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lisa said:

What you are not seeing are my legs covered in bug bites. The price of hiking in paradise. 🐜🕷🐝

IMG_9388.jpg

Edited 1 hour ago by Lisa

Reminds me of the chigger bites I sometimes get while out doing insect macros.  ☹️

• Love 1

Christmas decorations inside a Vancouver area shopping mall. I took this photo with my Christmas present to myself, a Samyang 12mm f/2.0 lens mounted on my Sony a6000. Due to crappy weather here, I haven't had much of a chance to test this lens yet, but I like the results so far.

christmas-decorations-and-shoppers-insid

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 4