December 2019 Favourite uploads

hdh

On 05/12/2019 at 12:05, jodyko said:

Reminds me of the chigger bites I sometimes get while out doing insect macros.  ☹️

Lets not talk about chiggers, please. 8 years old and you couldn’t put a finger anywhere on my body without touching a chigger bite. I ran a fever from them. All because my blanket blew off the clothesline and lay in the chigger weeds for hours. (Those little purple flower weeds) henbit.

Edited by Betty LaRue

Lisa,

Looks like you did your Makapau'u Beach hike on November 7th, I did my hike of Makapu'u Head and the Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline November 14, a week later..

The winter rains have sure turn the hills green!

makapuu-beach-and-koolau-mountains-seen-from-makapuu-head-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRJ59.jpg

makapuu-beach-and-koolau-mountains-seen-from-makapuu-head-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRJ6M.jpg

Makapuʻu Beach and Koolau Mountains seen from Makapuʻu Head, Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA

shadow-of-photographer-with-makapuu-beach-and-koolau-mountains-seen-from-makapuu-head-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRJAP.jpg

Self portrait 😀

east-side-of-koko-crater-seen-from-the-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRHXB.jpg

east-side-of-koko-crater-seen-from-the-kaiwi-state-scenic-shoreline-honolulu-oahu-hawaii-usa-2ADRHMD.jpg
East side of Koko Crater seen from the Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA
That was an epic day for a hike!
Edited by dlmphotog
  • Love 1

Used to work for this company, a tad later than in1899 however, and they had moved on, making diesel, rather than steam, engines! Like many of my previous employments, after I left the place closed down, the factory was demolished, and in this case the very ground excavated to build a marina.....  Such is the state of what was engineering in the UK.

works-plate-from-1899-rw-hawthorn-leslie

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 06/12/2019 at 22:38, dlmphotog said:

Lisa,

Looks like you did your Makapau'u Beach hike on November 7th, I did my hike of Makapu'u Head and the Kaiwi State Scenic Shoreline November 14, a week later..

The winter rains have sure turn the hills green!

That was an epic day for a hike!

I just checked my IPhone camera roll and I was at Makapu’u on November 26th. It seems to rain just about every night! 

16 hours ago, Lisa said:

I just checked my IPhone camera roll and I was at Makapu’u on November 26th. It seems to rain just about every night! 

@Lisa My bad on the wrong date, Last few weeks the weather on Oahu has been Amazing! I did a hike up Kuliouou on Monday and you could see the islands of Moloka'i, Lanai and MAUI! A very rare occurrence!

Lightning illuminating storm clouds over Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, USA Stock Photo

But before this stint of good weather it was a dreary soggy mess, The lighting storm above was taken on November 18th. The BOOMING thunder woke me up so what does a stock photographer do? ... 😀

Edited by dlmphotog
formatting

On 11/12/2019 at 05:52, Olivier Parent said:

Saint-Antoine-l'Abbaye (France) last week-end.

Blue hour over the Abbey church and the village during the 'Christmas of lights" (Noël des lumières) celebrations.

saint-antoine-labbaye-blue-hour-over-the

Christmas celebrations in the Abbey church.

Great pic... wonderfully lit...

• Love 1

Not the most exciting thing I've ever photographed, but special because it's only the second time in 40 years that I've seen/photographed this shrimp (that looks more like a crayfish). Plus, it's the only image of this species on Alamy. Not many elsewhere either! So very thrilled to have actually found it. And got a half decent shot too. Shrimp is about 1cm long.

robust-boxer-shrimp-microprosthema-validum-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-sea-indian-ocean-2AF1CEH.jpg

• Love 3

Godzilla movie film location at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu, Hawaii with one of Godzilla’s giant foot prints filled with rainwater

godzilla-movie-film-location-at-kualoa-r

Movie location for Jurassic Park at Kualoa Ranch, Oahu Hawaii

movie-location-for-jurassic-park-at-kual

• Love 2

Movie set location for Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle at Kualoa Ranch at Oahu, Hawaii

movie-set-location-for-jumanji-at-kualoa

King Kong movie location for Kong: Skull Island at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu, Hawaii

king-kong-movie-location-for-kong-skull-

Edited by Lisa
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

I can't figure out how to post these so they don't look squashed in the tablet and phone views, sorry.

Don't know if there's a way but if I turn my Android phone sideways (landscape) they're fine. I see a lot like that.