Wahooo First Sale Ever

The Blinking Eye

50 minutes ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Thank you. Sold to a German magazine or book. Yes, thrilled.

Congrats, well done.

Distributor sale or direct?

Edited by gvallee

4 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Congrats, well done.

Distributor sale or direct?

This is what it says. I don't really understand and it took me a while to even find this page!

Usage: Magazines and books, Zur Verwendung in einem Magazin oder Buch (Print und/oder digital), Verwendung im Innenteil, Auflage: 2.500, weltweit für 5 Jahre (keine Werbung).
Start: 03 September 2019
End: 03 September 2024

1 minute ago, The Blinking Eye said:

This is what it says. I don't really understand and it took me a while to even find this page!

Usage: Magazines and books, Zur Verwendung in einem Magazin oder Buch (Print und/oder digital), Verwendung im Innenteil, Auflage: 2.500, weltweit für 5 Jahre (keine Werbung).

You have to go to your Account Balance tab.

You'll see if there is a distributor commission.

12 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

"For use in a magazine or book (print and/or digital), placement inside, print run 2500, worldwide for 5 years (no advertising)."

Alan

13 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations. That's a good start, especially with less than 200 images. It looks as if you've been uploading more editorial images to your collection, so additional sales should come along.

What exactly are "editorial images"?

11 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Well done!  I was 400 pics before I made my first sale.  Hopefully it'll be the first of many for you.

I feel like I'm pretty slow uploading. I started 5 months ago.

I also got my first two zooms in the past month, so maybe things are starting to happen.

8 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

"For use in a magazine or book (print and/or digital), placement inside, print run 2500, worldwide for 5 years (no advertising)."

Alan

I was going to try translate that at some point, thank you! Will there be any chance of finding out where/if it gets published?

3 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

What exactly are "editorial images"?

Generally speaking, images that might be used in books (e.g. textbooks and travel guides), to illustrate articles in magazines and newspapers, or on editorial websites. This type of imagery does best on Alamy. I'd say that most of your recent images fit the editorial category, the earlier landscapes, etc., not so much (you never know, though).

Edited by John Mitchell