Photography Meet Up in London- August 2019

Lisa

For anyone who is interested, we will meet on Saturday, August 10th at 12 noon at the entrance to Festival Pier near Royal Festival Hall. On Google maps, it looks like there is a yellow area directly across from Festival Pier that could provide shade or rain protection while we wait for the group to arrive. See you then!

• Like 1

On 30/07/2019 at 22:10, Lisa said:

For anyone who is interested, we will meet on Saturday, August 10th at 12 noon at the entrance to Festival Pier near Royal Festival Hall. On Google maps, it looks like there is a yellow area directly across from Festival Pier that could provide shade or rain protection while we wait for the group to arrive. See you then!

I am very sorry but am not able to be with you on 10th. Have to go up to Lincolnshire and Humberside over that weekend.

Hope you all have a good time.

Allan

I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on Saturday. I'm spending too much time this week on NHS premises (nothing serious - yet) and I need to take it easy for a few days. I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

Next time you're over here, Lisa, come to Yorkshire!

Alan

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

I'm afraid I won't be able to join you on Saturday. I'm spending too much time this week on NHS premises (nothing serious - yet) and I need to take it easy for a few days. I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to meeting everyone.

Next time you're over here, Lisa, come to Yorkshire!

Alan

Sorry to hear that Alan!

I will be coming - look forward to seeing you all there

Cheers

Kumar

• Love 1

With all the chaos last night at Kings Cross (station was closed, all trains cancelled), I decided that I wouldn't come as they were predicting further problems today due to trains being stuck in various places. Have a good meet up people. 😎

17 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Looks like blue was fashion trend of the day!  Good looking bunch, too bad Lisa didn’t jump in the shot.

I could have setup a camera on a mini tripod and used the self timer, but didn't want to risk the kit being trod on, it was busy.

On the train almost home. Was an interesting meet.

Good meet up - thanks to Lisa for organising it! 

I have e-mailed all those who came so you can hopefully organise another meet up in a few months time if you choose!

I have a photo on my phone of the group including Lisa but not including me; How do I upload that to this thread??

Good to meet you all - I will happily come again if another meeting is arranged and I am around

Kumar

On 10/08/2019 at 09:04, MDM said:

With all the chaos last night at Kings Cross (station was closed, all trains cancelled), I decided that I wouldn't come as they were predicting further problems today due to trains being stuck in various places. Have a good meet up people. 😎

Mick - I had no problems getting there or back by train apart from an appalling time trying to get home to Newmarket from Cambridge. 

K

Thank you Lisa for initiating and organising the meet. It was an insightful meet for me. I heard and learnt a few bits from everyone who came along.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I have a photo on my phone of the group including Lisa but not including me; How do I upload that to this thread??

Kumar - You have to host the picture on an external site and add the image URL.

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Mick - I had no problems getting there or back by train apart from an appalling time trying to get home to Newmarket from Cambridge. 

K

Yes these delays really spoil things - my last trip to Cambridge was a nightmare on the way back due to an accident on the A14. Ely should be a lot better - train or car. 

I did see that  the LNER trains were back to normal more or less on Saturday but they were still predicting disruption so I stuck with the Friday night decision. They still haven't explained the power cuts that caused the chaos. I would have liked to have met up with everyone. Maybe next time.

12 hours ago, Gnans said:

Thank you Lisa for initiating and organising the meet. It was an insightful meet for me. I heard and learnt a few bits from everyone who came along.

Kumar - You have to host the picture on an external site and add the image URL.

Thanks Gnans - thought so. I dont have any external sites so have sent the photo to Lisa who will put it up!

Kumar

36 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I can explain the power outage, Michael:  sometimes stuff happens.

Edo

Don't they call that Murphy's Law 😂 ?

Edited by MDM