4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Yes it did thank you Marianne. I was in theatre for about an hour. Now a week later and a vast improvement already but told to take it easy with no driving for three weeks and no heavy lifting for six weeks. Don't know what they mean by heavy though.

Allan

Glad to hear. Relax and take it easy and keep recuperating well!

• Love 1

I've not been in Liverpool a full day yet. I'm mentally and physically exhausted and will not do any flat searching for another day. Yes, I know that's a bad idea. 

Haven’t been anywhere much yet, just down to the Albert Dock area. Very nice. 

This city couldn’t be more different from Seville. It has no overall look. Every building in the center is unlike any of the others. This should be better for stock photography, I feel. To capture the overall attractive look of Seville, one would need one of those flying cameras . . . or a helicopter. 

Edo

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

Liverpool has changed so much over the years, especially after the regeneration from being Europpean Capital of Culture. I think it will be a great place to live Edo, and will cerainly be photogenic.

I’m relieved you are there. Rest up. You don’t get over bronchitis quickly.  It likes to sap your energy for awhile down the road.  The flats will still be there tomorrow, next day, next week.

I'm sure you’ll enjoy shooting all that new material!

Betty

edited to add....can you understand the locals? Curious...

Edited by Betty LaRue

Take the ferry over to Birkenhead, nice old (1840s)  but extensive park in which to relax and maybe get some saleable shots.

I was a student in Liverpool in the early 1970s, it was a tad rough in those days, I had two bikes pinched while a friend was mugged. Riverside area much improved since then, but I suspect that there are still some dodgy places that should be avoided. You might take a look at the crime stats before deciding an area in which to live.

Hi Edo

I visit Liverpool at least once each year.  I never tire of it or the people.  So much history and despite severe blitz and council loss of buildings there's still plenty of great architecture.

The two cathedrals are so different but equally amazing.  You must visit the Philharmonic Dining Rooms pub frequented by many including the Beatles.  Easiest is to buy a one day open top bus.  You can hop on and off all day.

I've sold a number of my Liverpool pics including the front cover of the Liverpool University Brochure.

I always stay at the Days Inn hotel - perfect location, affordable and close to everything.

You could never be bored in Liverpool.

John

On 18/06/2019 at 12:11, Allan Bell said:

Edo I know how you feel re mood shifts. I am in that situation at the moment and cannot move forward with planning the move I have to make due to holdups with processing my lady friends Will taking much longer than thought. This is putting pressure on me as I am time limited as to how long I can remain in the house where I am. No I do not want to go into rented accommodation till it is sorted.

Also I am not looking forward to a hospital appointment next week where I am going to have a minor procedure done under general anaesthetic. This is also going to put me back for a good three to four weeks as I will not be able to drive or lift heavy weights during that period.

I sincerely hope you can be settled soon.

Being picky I know but generally they are called a flat over here.

Allan

I lived in Oxfordshire for 7 years. I speak both forms of English.

I can't get rid of this!!!

Thanks, John for the Day Inn tip. 

Brayan -- I promise not to mug anyone. 

6 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:
On 18/06/2019 at 12:11, Allan Bell said:

Being picky I know but generally they are called a flat over here.

Allan

I lived in Oxfordshire for 7 years. I speak both forms of English.

I can't get rid of this!!!

Sorry Edo I thought I had already apologised for that remark. Although it WAS only an observation and NOT a criticism.

Allan

Allan, I could not post anything without that old exchange showing up. ???

I will now begin a new post titled Liverpool

This hotel does not have free WiFi in the rooms, a royal pain. 

Days Inn has no rooms, Bryan. 

11 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Allan, I could not post anything without that old exchange showing up. ???

I will now begin a new post titled Liverpool

This hotel does not have free WiFi in the rooms, a royal pain. 

Days Inn has no rooms, Bryan. 

Ahh! OK! Thanks for that Edo.

Good idea with starting a Liverpool thread.

See you there.

Allan