For QC Fails?

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

How much time do contributors have to spend in the sin bin these days before being able to upload images again? :huh:

I only had one fail since I started - it was about August last year and it was for "underexposed" (I liked the way the picture looked done like that) and I did not get any time in the sin bin - I went back through the lot I had uploaded, pulled a couple more, and resubmitted and they passed.

First time in ages for you. I think they tore the old one down and built new to look old.  I took a tour to familiarize myself just in case. The kitchen is on the other end from where it first was and I’m not sure I could bake there. I don’t like the oven.

😉

Betty

Last week a send a batch of 10 images. Specifically, one image "A cowboy riding a horse, in-camera motion blur effect, panning". That image Failed QC *Soft or lacking definition. As normal, the batch submission failed.<_< 

But, I was able to upload new images with a few hours more than normal (comparing with when QC passed).

The last time my QC failed (technical reason) was year ago.

Andre

10 hours ago, AM Chang said:

Last week a send a batch of 10 images. Specifically, one image "A cowboy riding a horse, in-camera motion blur effect, panning". That image Failed QC *Soft or lacking definition. As normal, the batch submission failed.<_< 

But, I was able to upload new images with a few hours more than normal (comparing with when QC passed).

The last time my QC failed (technical reason) was year ago.

Andre

Probably also depending on your amount of QC ranking stars.

On 3/2/2019 at 14:01, Ed Rooney said:

That gruel sauce is nasty but at the same time tasty. I tried to push a guard into the oven. I hope it wasn't one of your cakes he landed on, Betty. 

:lol: You are so funny. Every upload, I hold my breath. I’ve done ok for a couple of years but sure as I say that.....

I think that somewhere along the line I earned a short stay in the greybar hotel. I much prefer this new method of one of the staff popping round and giving you a kidney punch, instead. Once the liquid turns back from red to yellow, usually 2 to 3 days, one is all set again.

Krisken

I believe you are correct, Kevin and Andre. My 3-star rating has saved me (and who else are they gonna get to eat and shoot all those strange tapas dishes?).

A tip to you forum folk. Don't snap pictures of Spanish Water Dogs. Their fur looks unsharp even when it's sharp. 

Ahhhh. The dreaded black fur. I had a friend who found a new home for a black dog that was barking too much to live in an apartment. He only had her for a brief time and took one picture. She was lying on his black bathroom rug and all we could see was two brown eyes.

Paulette

One star rating gets 10 days.

Just as a matter of interest I have always been a one star even after a long good run of passes.

Unfortunately had two fails this year which I put down to problems at home and not paying enough attention to uploads, of which there are few.

My bad trying to be good to others.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Just as a matter of interest I have always been a one star even after a long good run of passes.

Unfortunately had two fails this year which I put down to problems at home and not paying enough attention to uploads, of which there are few.

Allan

Being stuck on one star seems weird - as a newbie I had 3 accepted, then upload rejected without time in the sin bin, then another couple of uploads and I was 3 star - and I do not claim to be wonderful at this - maybe workmanlike acceptable.  I would maybe ask if you have got left behind or something as it seems like these days getting to 3 stars is almost easy.

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

I don't think you can have zero stars, so the upside of  being a one-star general is that you can only get promoted, not demoted. 🤓

Archived