Oh my goshhh! It's snowing hard in Florence (more on the mountains/hills around) and i'm strongly tempted to go out on Sat/Sun to grab awesome stock pics (and videos).

It's not so common to have snow like this in our city and around.

The "issue" is that i will change my house just tomorrow and this weekend will be full for me and my partner managing all dressed and stuff on the new home.

We also have children and this is the first time they will sleep in the same house together (me and my partner are divorced from respectively wife/husband).

I'm tempted to go shooting outside on the snow alone on sat/sunday but.... i don't wanna risk another divorce so... i'll go for "LOVE" instead of "STOCK" and stay home with my family :)

And you?... have you ever been in this "hard" situation? ;) or how will you behave if you had?

6 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Take the new full family to play in the snow. Memories like that need photographed. ;)

Tried this morning before writing this post... they want to sleep until 1pm !!! :angry:

With this wonderful weather? mmmmm so sad

16 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

Tried this morning before writing this post... they want to sleep until 1pm !!! :angry:

With this wonderful weather? mmmmm so sad

Time to stamp your authority on that new family of yours. :):)

In a perfect world, I would have a partner as enthusiastic about such things as I am.  My kids are all adult - and while I encouraged and enjoyed them joining in my interests I never forced them and have delighted in watching them find their own paths very different from mine.

Instead I am a happy single who pleases herself

Family first, especially in this particular situation, frustrating as it must be.

Lovely as it would be to be out photographing in the snow, you might not have made much money out of it, at least on Alamy.

All of Alamy:

Florence snow: 0 searches in the past 13 months. 0 also for snow, Florence.

Tuscany snow: 1 search in past 13 months

snow Tuscany: 1 (different) search in past 13 months

Whether you'd have had any luck with Live News with it being such a rare event, I couldn't say.  I don't know how well Alamy's Live News does with non-UK images.

When your partner of nearly 50 years is a photographer it becomes second nature to bide your time while they  wait for just the right light, just the right shot. I have however enjoyed ‘paid for by the business’working holidays to the US, France, Spain, Italy, Morocco, Portugal, Greece, Canary Islands, Turkey, Venice, etc so there is an upside!

19 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Family first, especially in this particular situation, frustrating as it must be.

Lovely as it would be to be out photographing in the snow, you might not have made much money out of it, at least on Alamy.

All of Alamy:

Florence snow: 0 searches in the past 13 months. 0 also for snow, Florence.

Tuscany snow: 1 search in past 13 months

snow Tuscany: 1 (different) search in past 13 months

Whether you'd have had any luck with Live News with it being such a rare event, I couldn't say.  I don't know how well Alamy's Live News does with non-UK images.

thx for exploring :)

Archived