Reacting to competition from Microstock I guess. Not a new phenomenon, low prices have been around a long while  :(  however people do continue to report the, once commonplace but now occasional,  $$$ sale.

36 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Two calendar sales dropped in today for $4.96 each.  To say I'm disgusted is an understatement. :angry:

It does make one wonder if it's all just a vanity project when it takes up so much time for sometimes very little reward.

10 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Two calendar sales dropped in today for $4.96 each.  To say I'm disgusted is an understatement. :angry:

Probably page a day usage? I had two yesterday (of the same image) for that amount. The full page monthly calendar rate is a lot more respectable, and, I guess - not had one - the front cover more so.

1 minute ago, Bryan said:

Probably page a day usage? I had two yesterday (of the same image) for that amount. The full page monthly calendar rate is a lot more respectable, and, I guess - not had one - the front cover more so.

That's what it is.  I had calendar sales last year which were much more respectable.

6 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

That's what it is.  I had calendar sales last year which were much more respectable.

I had the same image licensed for the same usage (day usage) last year and this year for the same (low) price - nothing has changed there. Perhaps it would be more lucrative to go into the calendar business. It seems to be thriving.

3 minutes ago, MDM said:

I had the same image licensed for the same usage (day usage) last year and this year for the same (low) price - nothing has changed there. Perhaps it would be more lucrative to go into the calendar business. It seems to be thriving.

It certainly does seem to be thriving - idea for next year...

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

It certainly does seem to be thriving - idea for next year...

Well if you do one for West Cork, I have loads of lovely pics of Beara. A very  reasonable licence fee (from my perspective) would be expected of course 😄

39 minutes ago, Liam Bunce said:

....  and 1 for a higher price of $ 39.69.  

Just the one of those for me too. In the past I've enjoyed a squadron of aviation calendar sales at this time but zilch as yet. Having looked at the likes of Carousel they seem to have cut back on the number of such subjects, sadly.

3 hours ago, Avpics said:

Just the one of those for me too. In the past I've enjoyed a squadron of aviation calendar sales at this time but zilch as yet. Having looked at the likes of Carousel they seem to have cut back on the number of such subjects, sadly.

Just had a look at their standard fees and we don't do too badly considering the volume. They only seem to get a discount of about 35%.

10 hours ago, MDM said:

Well if you do one for West Cork, I have loads of lovely pics of Beara. A very  reasonable licence fee (from my perspective) would be expected of course 😄

LOL - I won't forget you!

On 23/11/2018 at 21:36, Colblimp said:

I've just had one come in, but thankfully just a Christmas morning shot at home with zero travel costs and of one of your favourite animals!

26 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

They're evil animals, I tells ya - evil!

One of my evil animals has developed a new annoyance.  Doors to the sitting room have been closed now its colder weather to keep the heat in.  So he comes in the catflap into the kitchen - miaows and paws at the door to the front room until he is let in, runs to the other door out to the hallway and starts pawing at that - if its opened he goes and sits next to the front door looking up at  you expecting you to open it so he can go out.

This is a revision of his mother's technique - when it's raining she looks out the cat flap then runs to the front door and demands that be opened in case it is not raining out the front when it is out the back.

On 23/11/2018 at 21:36, Colblimp said:

How odd, I was reading through this and thought ‘ wait a minute, I sold a cat pic the other day’ I’ve just checked back and it’s a calendar sale for $4.96. Here it is, This ones for you Andy...

a-large-ragdoll-cat-relaxing-indoors-on-

Archived