Home page image

Have you noticed the homepage image for Alamy is not just a static image?

when I moved my iPad around it moves around allowing for a full panorama view of the image.

i don’t know if that’s a new feature, but it looks pretty cool:D

27 minutes ago, njene said:

Have you noticed the homepage image for Alamy is not just a static image?

when I moved my iPad around it moves around allowing for a full panorama view of the image.

i don’t know if that’s a new feature, but it looks pretty cool:D

Yup.  Multiple links on the page re: 360-degree panoramic images.  TBH, I'm surprised that there are so many of them here,

16 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Yup.  Multiple links on the page re: 360-degree panoramic images.  TBH, I'm surprised that there are so many of them here,

156,506!

All added very recently. It certainly explains why we went from P to R so quickly.

Some seem to have very few keywords. I thought 5 was the minimum?

wim

17 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Not so impressive.  The front page image won't load for me.  Spinning wheels and white is all I get.

Let's hope this is not slowing down the whole of Alamy: I'm not seeing all keywords underneath an image.

The (see all) is missing. Could be a loading failure; could be it's been removed from the zoom page.

wim

11 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

Wouldn't load for me either.

Jill

Hi everyone

We've used latest technology adding 360-degree images on to our site, so you will most likely need to update to the latest available version of your browser for optimized effect. 

Cheers

Alamy   

1 minute ago, Alamy said:

Hi everyone

We've used latest technology adding 360-degree images on to our site, so you will most likely need to update to the latest available version of your browser for optimized effect. 

Cheers

Alamy   

It finally did load, but won't customers who don't have the latest on their browser get a bit annoyed? Is the demand for 360 that large?

Jill

Hmm, I've got 64 bit Firefox 63.0.1 and it says "Firefox is up to date".

Version 63.0.1, first offered to Release channel users on October 31, 2018

If we're having trouble, likely customers are too.

Latest Firefox; Chrome and Edge.

At 96.02 Mbps download (that's really fast) it's not loading on Edge.

Really slow on Chrome: inching line for line.

It's loading on FF, but it wasn't at first, so now probably from cache.

General zoom pages, not 360, are slow to load. Plus see all keywords is missing.

wim

I don’t understand how many images could be RF if there are many people there without model release.

It could be interesting also knowing if we could upload these kind of images, I do some of them but didn’t know that it could be uploaded.

As far as I know many of these images are bigger than the maximum file size limit?

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Latest Firefox; Chrome and Edge.

At 96.02 Mbps download (that's really fast) it's not loading on Edge.

Really slow on Chrome: inching line for line.

It's loading on FF, but it wasn't at first, so now probably from cache.

General zoom pages, not 360, are slow to load. Plus see all keywords is missing.

wim

Same here (well, my download speed is "only" in the 80's)

Maybe a select few contributors were invited to upload these kind of photos, as it looks like this is something most of us did not know about

i would have to wonder how many licenses would sell in the real world of advertising.

Honestly I rarely if ever come across these 360 images anywhere

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

No good here.

A still image on FF and an interminable load on Chrome that's a still anyway.

It works for me on Chrome (on High Sierra) but takes forever to load. Is this why Alamy's site is so slow today? It seems to be struggling more and more of late.:(

Mark

6 hours ago, lophius said:

I don’t understand how many images could be RF if there are many people there without model release.

It could be interesting also knowing if we could upload these kind of images, I do some of them but didn’t know that it could be uploaded.

As far as I know many of these images are bigger than the maximum file size limit?

From the public section of Jim Pickerell's website

Alamy Offers 360Cities Image Collection

By Jim Pickerell | 278 Words | Posted 11/5/2018 | Comments

Alamy.com and 360Cities.net have announced that the 360Cities’ collection of thousands of stunning, immersive 360° spherical images will now be available to Alamy customers through Alamy’s online worldwide marketplace. The 360Cities database will launch on Alamy.com on 5 November 2018 with an initial collection of approximately 150K images, to be supplemented with a regular stream of new content.

9 hours ago, njene said:

Maybe a select few contributors were invited to upload these kind of photos, as it looks like this is something most of us did not know about

i would have to wonder how many licenses would sell in the real world of advertising.

Honestly I rarely if ever come across these 360 images anywhere

Yes, cool as these 360 images are, they seem more of a novelty than a serious innovation that is likely to stay around for any length of time. But then nothing lasts very long these days. The digital world has a very short attention span.

Given that, by nature these will be for electronic use only, I would be interested to know what prices they sell for. The Calculator prices for these look healthy

Website or social media site 
£ 249.99
VR or game apps 
£ 299.99
Digital publishing 
£ 299.99
TV programme 
£ 349.99
Marketing package: Small Business 
£ 299.99
Marketing package: Large business 
£ 399.99