Ed Rooney

Latest OS for Mac? Is it compatible with Adobe CC?

Recommended Posts

 

Yes, I'm old and tech dumb. But I can't find the answer to two simple questions: what is the latest iOS for my Mac . . . and is it NOW compatibile with Adobe CC? 

 

Thank you,

 

Edo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mojave (MacOS 10.14.x) is what they are calling it and it is compatible with Adobe CC by all accounts. I am still on High Sierra as I always give it a bit of time before upgrading the OS more for compatibility with my printer than anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Michael. I'm gonna wait for 12.1.1. And then I might wait some more.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks, Michael. I'm gonna wait for 12.1.1. And then I might wait some more.  ;)

 

De nada Ed. Adobe do force you to stay reasonably up to date with the OS though. The oldest MacOs now supported by the most recent Lightroom and Photoshop CC is Sierra (10.12 from 2016). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just wondering if LR 6.14 (you know, the old stand alone version) would work with Mojave?:unsure:

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

 

Just wondering if LR 6.14 (you know, the old stand alone version) would work with Mojave?:unsure:

 

Allan

 

 

 

I suspect it would as I am guessing that anything that runs on 10.12 will run on 10.14 but I don't know. If you are seriously thinking of updating your OS, you could ask on the Lightroom Queen forums - they know everything that is worth knowing about Lightroon and a lot that probably isn't. And they are friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Using Lightroom 6.8, the stand alone version with the latest MacOS ie, Mojave with no problems. Try it.

 

Alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

 

Yes, I'm old and tech dumb. But I can't find the answer to two simple questions: what is the latest iOS for my Mac . . . and is it NOW compatibile with Adobe CC? 

 

Thank you,

 

Edo

 

Hi Ed, do you mean OS or iOs (for mobile)?  I'm behind with my updates for both so I'm glad you asked the question.

 

Maria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MDM said:

 

I suspect it would as I am guessing that anything that runs on 10.12 will run on 10.14 but I don't know. If you are seriously thinking of updating your OS, you could ask on the Lightroom Queen forums - they know everything that is worth knowing about Lightroon and a lot that probably isn't. And they are friendly.

 

3 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

 

 

Using Lightroom 6.8, the stand alone version with the latest MacOS ie, Mojave with no problems. Try it.

 

Alan

 

Thank you both for replies. I am not looking to update to Mojave yet, may be early next year.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2018 at 18:10, MariaJ said:

 

Hi Ed, do you mean OS or iOs (for mobile)?  I'm behind with my updates for both so I'm glad you asked the question.

 

Maria

 

I was asking about Mojave on my MacBook, Maria.  But the other question is on my mind too. I'm being pushed into too many updates right now. A third question would be: can I get a shot of something that would make me instantly fluent in Spanish?  :unsure:

 

Edo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now