Latest OS for Mac? Is it compatible with Adobe CC?

Mojave (MacOS 10.14.x) is what they are calling it and it is compatible with Adobe CC by all accounts. I am still on High Sierra as I always give it a bit of time before upgrading the OS more for compatibility with my printer than anything else.

43 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks, Michael. I'm gonna wait for 12.1.1. And then I might wait some more.  ;)

De nada Ed. Adobe do force you to stay reasonably up to date with the OS though. The oldest MacOs now supported by the most recent Lightroom and Photoshop CC is Sierra (10.12 from 2016). 

23 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Just wondering if LR 6.14 (you know, the old stand alone version) would work with Mojave?:unsure:

Allan

I suspect it would as I am guessing that anything that runs on 10.12 will run on 10.14 but I don't know. If you are seriously thinking of updating your OS, you could ask on the Lightroom Queen forums - they know everything that is worth knowing about Lightroon and a lot that probably isn't. And they are friendly.

7 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yes, I'm old and tech dumb. But I can't find the answer to two simple questions: what is the latest iOS for my Mac . . . and is it NOW compatibile with Adobe CC? 

Thank you,

Edo

Hi Ed, do you mean OS or iOs (for mobile)?  I'm behind with my updates for both so I'm glad you asked the question.

Maria

3 hours ago, MDM said:

I suspect it would as I am guessing that anything that runs on 10.12 will run on 10.14 but I don't know. If you are seriously thinking of updating your OS, you could ask on the Lightroom Queen forums - they know everything that is worth knowing about Lightroon and a lot that probably isn't. And they are friendly.

3 hours ago, Alan Beastall said:

Using Lightroom 6.8, the stand alone version with the latest MacOS ie, Mojave with no problems. Try it.

Alan

Thank you both for replies. I am not looking to update to Mojave yet, may be early next year.

Allan

On 11/2/2018 at 18:10, MariaJ said:

Hi Ed, do you mean OS or iOs (for mobile)?  I'm behind with my updates for both so I'm glad you asked the question.

Maria

I was asking about Mojave on my MacBook, Maria.  But the other question is on my mind too. I'm being pushed into too many updates right now. A third question would be: can I get a shot of something that would make me instantly fluent in Spanish?  :unsure:

Edo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/2/2018 at 14:21, Allan Bell said:

Just wondering if LR 6.14 (you know, the old stand alone version) would work with Mojave?:unsure:

Allan

Haven't upgraded yet but the Lightroom Queen seems to be suggesting that it is mostly AOK! https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-macos-mojave-compatibility/

Running Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 Bridge, Camera Raw, Photoshop. I have CC Lightroom installed but not using it.

Upgraded to Mojave from previous the OS about 2 weeks ago without a hitch with, not only Adobe, but all my other software.

Running on Imac Desktop.

Mojave is the last Mac OS to run 32 bit programs. The next OS will be exclusively 64 bit. Mojave warns you to upgrade your other software to 64 bit if possible each time you start up a 32 bit program. It is only a warning, as it still runs the program.

It is probably best to upgrade to Mojave now, to make the future transition to the next OS easier.

I usually wait at least 3 months when upgrading after the launch of a new OS. This gives Apple and other software developers time to work the bugs out.

Well more than 3 months had passed, and the shooting weather in Toronto has been terrible.

1 hour ago, Bill Brooks said:

Running Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 Bridge, Camera Raw, Photoshop. I have CC Lightroom installed but not using it.

Upgraded to Mojave from previous the OS about 2 weeks ago without a hitch with, not only Adobe, but all my other software.

Running on Imac Desktop.

Mojave is the last Mac OS to run 32 bit programs. The next OS will be exclusively 64 bit. Mojave warns you to upgrade your other software to 64 bit if possible each time you start up a 32 bit program. It is only a warning, as it still runs the program.

It is probably best to upgrade to Mojave now, to make the future transition to the next OS easier.

I usually wait at least 3 months when upgrading after the launch of a new OS. This gives Apple and other software developers time to work the bugs out.

Well more than 3 months had passed, and the shooting weather in Toronto has been terrible.

Thanks for the advice. I have been putting it off, but will take the plunge.....

On 12/29/2018 at 14:00, Phil Crean said:

Yes...went to Mojave last week and all hunky dory:)

Phil

Took the plunge and (fingers crossed - famous last words!) seems to be working fine. LIghtroom is actually opening a lot faster than previously, which is a bonus! Also, no impact on other progs as far as I can tell.

20 minutes ago, Jansos said:

Took the plunge and (fingers crossed - famous last words!) seems to be working fine. LIghtroom is actually opening a lot faster than previously, which is a bonus! Also, no impact on other progs as far as I can tell.

Same here for 3 weeks now..

Did have to upgrade Carbon Copy Cloner which I use for backups, but everything else just fell into place including my 12 year old Wacom Intuos tablet which was the one thing I was most worried about.

Phil

I have noticed one change in behaviour over the previous OS.

In the previous OS when I burned a DVD. Within seconds of inserting an unburned DVD into the apple burner a DVD symbol would appear on the desktop and in the locations sidebar. This would indicate that the unburned DVD was in place ready for burning.

In Mojave 10.14 the blank DVD does not appear, but the blank DVD is ready for burning regardless. A DVD that has already been burned does appear

I checked all of my DVD settings in Mojave, to no avail. Alas I can live with it.

Archived