AIM update notes - **Updated Jan 2019**

On 10/22/2018 at 22:43, Avpics said:

I don't see it mentioned in the 'to do' list, but the location automation hasn't worked for three or four days now. Is it for the chop or is it an issue? @Alamy

Hi everyone

This feature was removed as it was not working as well as we wanted it to. It was an external plug-plug in which means we couldn't update it or fix it ourselves when needed. 

We are still working on improving AIM, so you can expect to see more changes over the next few weeks. 

Many thanks

Alamy

I was wondering if the My Submissions column could have the option of being toggled on or off to clear more space for photos on smaller screens.  Thumbnail size options would also be nice.

Edited by Johnnie5
Add commernt
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

I was wondering if the My Submissions column could have the option of being toggled on or off to clear more space for photos on smaller screens.  Thumbnail size options would also be nice.

You can. Go to the top right where there are four little icons and click the rightmost one.

Same with thumbnail size- the left two icons switch between small and large.

Edit- unfortunately it doesn't increase the number of pix, just makes the annotation screen wider. Sorry.

Edited by spacecadet

I develop, tag and upload on my iMac but with extra thought, sometimes add a few more tags in AIM on my iPad. Also choose supertags and complete Optional.

It all works great except for the thumbnail, which is too minuscule to be helpful.

I know some people have little regard for tablets and resent features added for their use. We must realize not everyone prefers to be stuck to a desk. After doing what I do on the desktop, I’m in pain from a bad back. Doing the rest on my iPad while sitting in a comfortable easy chair is a blessing.

Others may not have the means to own a desktop or laptop. They must be considered, too.

Betty

On 10/29/2018 at 10:02, Alamy said:

Hi everyone

This feature was removed as it was not working as well as we wanted it to. It was an external plug-plug in which means we couldn't update it or fix it ourselves when needed. 

We are still working on improving AIM, so you can expect to see more changes over the next few weeks. 

Many thanks

Alamy

Any chance you might do something with the blue overlay on selected images? I (and others) have found it too dense to work on the images once selected.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 18:45, Betty LaRue said:

I develop, tag and upload on my iMac but with extra thought, sometimes add a few more tags in AIM on my iPad.

AIM does not work at all on my (admittedly very old) iPad. It's just a jumble and I can't see the images at all. What iPad are you using please, and any advice on how to use it?

My iPad came at a discount when I bought my iPhone 8. Not sure of the model, but I will see if I can investigate that. It’s not over 2 years old.

2017 model, 5th generation iPad nearest I can figure out. I think the one before this one was iPad Air, and it also allowed me to work in AIM.

Betty

Edited by Betty LaRue

37 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

My iPad came at a discount when I bought my iPhone 8. Not sure of the model, but I will see if I can investigate that. It’s not over 2 years old.

2017 model, 5th generation iPad nearest I can figure out. I think the one before this one was iPad Air, and it also allowed me to work in AIM.

Betty

I appreciate your help. It may be that my iPad is much older and slower than yours. I need to consider an update; although it works perfectly well for my Jazz music tuition apps. :)

Hi everyone - a new release has gone live today with the following updates! (We've updated the top post here too). 

Thanks for all the feedback, we hope you find this latest update useful.

• Caption box now has larger font and darker colour to make it easier to read
  • Added messaging to say changes may take up to 48 hours to be reflected in live database
  • You can now view the upload date on a magnified image in AIM
  • The supertag “star” now has a bigger hitbox making it easier to select
  • Fixed various issues related to unusual text characters causing errors in search and copy and paste
  • Added messaging about restrictions if a user tries to add all 4 restrictions to an image
  • Fixed a scenario where upload failed with lengthy filenames
  • Fixed a bug that returned all images in a search for “Photographer” within AIM

Cheers,

Alamy

11 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi everyone - a new release has gone live today with the following updates! (We've updated the top post here too). 

Thanks for all the feedback, we hope you find this latest update useful.

• Caption box now has larger font and darker colour to make it easier to read
  • Added messaging to say changes may take up to 48 hours to be reflected in live database
  • You can now view the upload date on a magnified image in AIM
  • The supertag “star” now has a bigger hitbox making it easier to select
  • Fixed various issues related to unusual text characters causing errors in search and copy and paste
  • Added messaging about restrictions if a user tries to add all 4 restrictions to an image
  • Fixed a scenario where upload failed with lengthy filenames
  • Fixed a bug that returned all images in a search for “Photographer” within AIM

Cheers,

Alamy

Thats cool!!! Great work including the portfolio page.

Is the mobile "fix" also taken into consideration? So we can keyword while being on the go? 

Thank you :). 

Edited by MircoV

23 minutes ago, MircoV said:

Thats cool!!! Great work including the portfolio page.

Is the mobile "fix" also taken into consideration? So we can keyword while being on the go? 

Thank you :). 

Yes - we still want to improve mobile functionality on AIM.

Portfolios should work nicely on mobile.

Cheers

Alamy

Maybe it's due to my older iMac, but the keywords in AIM on my desktop now look  out of sorts,  with gaps,  and words stacked on top of each other.  It looks even worse with more keywords. 

32136582898_0103f1f2c4.jpg

Edited by MariaJ

5 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Maybe it's due to my older iMac, but the keywords in AIM on my desktop now look  out of sorts,  with gaps,  and words stacked on top of each other.  It looks even worse with more keywords. 

32136582898_0103f1f2c4.jpg

Yup, this was only just mentioned two posts back (carriage return in phrase tags).  Not your computer. 

49 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Yup, this was only just mentioned two posts back (carriage return in phrase tags).  Not your computer. 

I saw it but didn't get the "carriage return" reference, but now I do. :)

It appears to be a Firefox problem.  I tried AIM on a PC instead and had the same problem.  But using Chrome on the same PC, it was back to normal.

1 hour ago, MariaJ said:

I saw it but didn't get the "carriage return" reference, but now I do. :)

It appears to be a Firefox problem.  I tried AIM on a PC instead and had the same problem.  But using Chrome on the same PC, it was back to normal.

Thanks for that bit of research. Yes, fine in Chrome here too. I can live with that.

Update released today!

• Download your data option: Users in AIM can now request an export of all their metadata into a spreadsheet template from within the tool.  The option can be found at the bottom of the "mandatory" info tab:

image.png

• Added the ability to set defaults for marking images as exclusive (this will be visible at some point tomorrow)
  • Added a filter to show you images not marked as exclusive (this will be visible at some point tomorrow)
  • Changed the text colour on grey tags from white to black to make them easier to read (this will be visible at some point tomorrow)

Cheers

James Allsworth

Contributor Experience Manager

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I clicked the 'Send me my data' button about three hours ago and when I checked just now it was already available for download - brilliant.

Just to be a little pedantic - it generates a CSV file, not a spreadsheet as such.  Which is actually better for me as I want to import the data into IMatch.

• Like 1

Thank you James for including tools to detect/mark images "Exclusive".:)

It would be helpful if I could get in to my dashboard to use them though.:(

Allan