porridge

John Mitchell

11 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

I cook mine with the blueberries in. As well as releasing the flavour into the porridge it also leaves pretty purple trails throughout the bowl. I also include sultanas, and sometimes slice a banana on top.

Alan

Have you tried fresh croissants with butter and orange marmelade? That is breakfast. :P

Gen

2 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

I cook mine with the blueberries in. As well as releasing the flavour into the porridge it also leaves pretty purple trails throughout the bowl. I also include sultanas, and sometimes slice a banana on top.

Alan

Gets better and better.:)

Allan

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Have you tried fresh croissants with butter and orange marmelade? That is breakfast. :P

As a vegan I wouldn't, would I? :)

But if I did it would probably be strawberry jam. Marmalade goes better on toast.

Alan

I added porridge as a keyword to this one - I didn't know oatmeal was porridge lol. Too busy taking photos of my beautiful new grandson (not for stock) but maybe I'll shoot some more when I get home. I have it every day for breakfast. 

Good morning porridge for breakfast red ripe strawberries oatmeal and almond milk in a green aqua bowl on wood vintage Stock Photo

8 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

There's a grain of truth in that.

Alan

A whole grain at that. B)

BTW, have you tried almond milk on your porridge? It opens up a whole new world.

This is the image used as an example in the image requests blog. It doesn't look a heck of a lot like a bowl of porridge, but I guess the buyer was searching for an unusual side view.

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

A whole grain at that. B)

BTW, have you tried almond milk on your porridge? It opens up a whole new world.

This is the image used as an example in the image requests blog. It doesn't look a heck of a lot like a bowl of porridge, but I guess the buyer was searching for an unusual side view.

Yep - saw the example image - I shot the one I posted a year or so ago, and quickly went on my phone app and added porridge as a keyword and in the caption after seeing the Alamy blog post. Being lactose intolerant, I make it with almond milk; in fact it's one of the image's original keywords. Cashew milk is also nice. 

2 hours ago, Marianne said:

Yep - saw the example image - I shot the one I posted a year or so ago, and quickly went on my phone app and added porridge as a keyword and in the caption after seeing the Alamy blog post. Being lactose intolerant, I make it with almond milk; in fact it's one of the image's original keywords. Cashew milk is also nice. 

Haven't tried cashew milk yet. Sounds good. There's a world of nuttiness to explore these days. :P

What has happened to the good old fried bacon, eggs, sausage, black pudding and bread?

I haven't had that for some time.

Allan

I forgot to add the MUSHROOMS!:o

ITMA

32 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

What has happened to the good old fried bacon, eggs, sausage, black pudding and bread?

I haven't had that for some time.

Allan

You can get all that plus chips, orange juice and a pot of tea from my local café for 6 Euro. And a stretcher to carry you home:) Had it this morning.

27 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

You can get all that plus chips, orange juice and a pot of tea from my local café for 6 Euro. And a stretcher to carry you home:) Had it this morning.

Obviously I need to get myself to West Cork. Somebody will have to get me back of course.

37 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

Name of café?!!!!  I need that breakfast in my life!

43 minutes ago, aphperspective said:

They don't do the stretcher over here but "The Full English" as outlined amounts to 3 Euro following a recent increase (!)  :P

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

In Ireland, John, they call it The Full Irish. And I don't have porridge every morning.  :o

french-toast-with-fresh-fruit-and-maple-

Pain français avec les fruits -- looks delicious. No shortage of antioxidants there.

I've been known to stray from oatmeal as well. Huevos a la mexicana is a favourite of mine.

huevos-a-la-mexicana-and-black-beans-bre

On 9/25/2018 at 10:16, funkyworm said:

Suddenly I am reminded on my law lectures.

Digital Illustration - Donoghue v Stevenson [1932] A landmark case showing that manufacturers have a duty of care. Stock Photo

I remember reading about this too in a past life when I studied Scots Law. Those were the days when I had a "real" job, as I describe it, working in banking!

Archived