im unable to login to my account using safari browser.  after captcha photo selection, i keep getting looped back to login screen.   i downloaded firefox and no problem there however, i dont care to continue using firefox as my browser.  can someone tell me whats going on and how to correct this?  thanks

I had this same problem on my iPhone last night.  I just had to shut it down and start again with a new browser page.  It is a real pain just trying to work here these days.

Pearl

On my iPad it works like this. Not sure about desktop.

Settings/Safari/Advanced/Website Data

Hunt for the Alamy.com entry and click it to see the delete button. Delete it.

I'm having to do this every week or before now. You'll fix it for the moment.

This action will cause you to enter your sign in info again.

Betty

Solution on Safari is to delete the stored Alamy cookie, well, at least a temporary solution as I've not tested it long term.  Captcha still there of course!! 

Go to Preferences/Privacy/Manage website data.

I've had terrible problems recently - really putting me off even opening Alamy at all! I've been so frustrated - just going round and round in circles - had to do 8 of these stupid Captcha things in a row before being locked out, had to then put in a new passwords and I can't open at all now on my iphone. I was so annoyed as I was unable to upload to live news images which I thought had a good chance of selling - ended up frustrated and stressed and the whole thing makes me question if it's worth trying to contribute when these obstacles are put in your way!

21 hours ago, Pearl said:

I had this same problem on my iPhone last night.  I just had to shut it down and start again with a new browser page.  It is a real pain just trying to work here these days.

Pearl

+1 with my iPhone - 

Kumar

I found that after doing the things I stated in my above post, I needed to reboot my iPad and sign in to the Alamy site, then go to My Dashboard and sign in there. It worked. But when I took the steps above and just tried signing into my dashboard, I just looped through Captcha and the sign in with no success.

Sign in to Alamy, then sign in to your Dashboard after clearing cookies or Alamy.com in Website Data.

Betty

I am having the same issue in Safari on iMac but not on iPhone.

In iPhone I get the captcha but in IMac I do not even see it.

I am able to login in iMac but using the New Private Window option.

My iMac is up to date with updates, so Alamy should solve this, this is bad service from them, from my point of view.

I previously opened a complain and it was solved for some days but now the same situation is back again.

So glad it's not just me, using Safari, I reset password four times still no joy, gave up, this morning all ok. I had not deletes cookies it just seemed to have received itself.

Same problem with safari and mac last weekend. Changed password- no joy. emailed Alamy -no reply at weekend . But sorted itself by monday. Today same problem but can log into forum.

Never had this type of problem with any other website so come on Alamy -SORT IT OUT

Regen

For unknown reasons, I seem to have been logged out of the forums four or five times today, using Chrome on a Mac.  Each time I go to the"Last Sale" thread there's a login form at the bottom. Once I've logged in again and go to that thread I get another login request, even though my name appears at the bottom of the page as a logged in user.

Maybe I should just be thankful I haven't encountered the much dreaded reCaptcha.

33 minutes ago, fotoDogue said:

For unknown reasons, I seem to have been logged out of the forums four or five times today, using Chrome on a Mac.  Each time I go to the"Last Sale" thread there's a login form at the bottom. Once I've logged in again and go to that thread I get another login request, even though my name appears at the bottom of the page as a logged in user.

Maybe I should just be thankful I haven't encountered the much dreaded reCaptcha.

I've been getting exactly the same thing with Firefox on PC - the gremlins are out in force!

Oh, joy. My password is now deemed wrong. I had to create a new one. And this was after clearing cookies, which usually works.  

It's hard for me to figure out why it is made so very difficult to get on the Alamy site considering we are Alamy's bread and butter.

Betty

More woes. I can get onto the forum on my iPad, but after clearing cookies, inputting a new password earlier today, I couldn't sign in on my Mac. Then I was told I was locked out from too many attempts. What fun. NOT!

Same problem here, I can log in via the forum, but not go direct using Safari, and I've no intention of using another browser. This problem occurred earlier this year, then seemed to be fixed and is now back again

51 minutes ago, jeep123 said:

Same problem here, I can log in via the forum, but not go direct using Safari, and I've no intention of using another browser. This problem occurred earlier this year, then seemed to be fixed and is now back again

Yesterday it did not work for me using Safari, today it works without any change... 

Archived