I uploaded 30 photos yesterday one of the photo got rejected and then everything goes rejected i am pretty new here so im learning how alamy work and then my account frozen for 9 days. The reason is i am using 2 camera 1 is Nikon D90 the other one is Canon power shot.Probably i am going to use the nikon d90 from now on.

I don't think any of the Powershot cameras produce good enough images.  Remember to check all your images at 100% before you send them to Alamy.  If there is not a sharp subject then in the bin it should go.  Sometimes I know it is painful.  I have tossed some images I though were great for content, but just couldn't cut it on the technical side.

Jill

Actually you appear to have 30 images on sale

The OP didn't say anything about not having 30 images for sale...  :rolleyes:

In fact I think the OP already knows that the problem is that their Canon power shot isn't quite to spec for submitting to Alamy and was simply sharing the learning experience!

yes i have 30 photos for sale  :D  :D  :D

what im saying is in QC review when they reject one they failed everything so im going to reupload in 9 days more and yeah now i know what im gonna do next time thanks for advice everyone 

what im saying is in QC review when they reject one they failed everything so im going to reupload in 9 days more and yeah now i know what im gonna do next time thanks for advice everyone 

yes, that's how QC works, if they find one bad image in a batch they reject everything.

I don't think any of the Powershot cameras produce good enough images.  

Jill

Depends on which Powershot. I had a Canon PowerShot G10. Not only did the photos pass QC but they've made a fair number of sales over the years. Of course I always shot CR2 (RAW) files and never went above ISO 100.

True. And when they accept 'one' they accept everything else too. So, it apparently work BOTHWAYS and necessitates that, prior to uploading, we examine each and every sample image rigorously at 100% in Photoshop, as we just donno as to which particular image is gonna be examined by them.

​Cheers,

Kumar, India

i only use automatic set in all of my cameras and then i just edit every photos i have before i upload

Full "auto" mode is rarely as useful in regard of ultimate image quality as some users seem to find it (and prefer it over manual overrides). In "auto" mode, even in normal lighting conditions the meter/exposure can easily be fooled into a 'very average' results at best. More manual control over exposures and shooting in RAW format can indeed be fairly productive in optimizing the workflow.

​Cheers,

Kumar, India

I certainly wouldn't recommend using Auto mode on a Powershot. In low light, or at longer focal lengths there's a danger the Auto ISO mode will pick a high ISO (to reduce chance of camera shake). High ISO in combination with the small sensor will result in images that will probably fail Alamy QC due to noise. I've also had a few images accepted from a Power shot G10, but only ones taken in bright conditions at ISO 80 and downsized to 24MB. In the end I got too many failures from the G10 and ditched it. The Canon G15 is much better, but still requires care (shoot in RAW, use low ISO etc. and careful post processing IMHO)

• 3 weeks later...

I think Alamy just puts your imges at the bottom of the queue, so depending on how many they have to sort through, yours will be the last looked at as they probably look at all of them when you only have one star.

Jill

I have one star, despite a pass rate above 95%, and have always cleared QC overnight.

I'm a one star general too. ^_^

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

You don't pay bribes? :huh:

I've got three stars ...... costed me $200 though  :unsure: 

Cheers,

Philippe

How can you tell how many stars you have? Are they just there, or do they "light up." (I'm either three stars... because I see three there... or I'm a "no star" because non are "colored in"?)

Signed,

#StarStruck  :-)

You don't pay bribes? :huh:

I've got three stars ...... costed me $200 though  :unsure: 

Cheers,

Philippe

How can you tell how many stars you have? Are they just there, or do they "light up." (I'm either three stars... because I see three there... or I'm a "no star" because non are "colored in"?)

Signed,

#StarStruck  :-)

I'm a three-star nowadays. On my dashboard the three stars are all filled black. I used to only have two stars and I think I remember that the right hand star was white with a black outline.

I'm a three-star nowadays. On my dashboard the three stars are all filled black. I used to only have two stars and I think I remember that the right hand star was white with a black outline.

Oh, I thought they were three black holes.  :huh:  

Oh, I thought they were three black holes.  :huh:  

It is where you can clip the sheets together. :)

Allan

Archived