Nik Collection now free

A lot of chat about whether it will continue to be supported. The way I see it is even if you only get a year out of it you have prospered. Also it would suggest that Nik software may be working on something better and that must be good news too given how much users hold it in high regard.

Doesn't affect me as I've not plunged into Windows 10, but am I correct in my reading of the specs . . . that it's not compatible with Windows 10?

dd

Doesn't affect me as I've not plunged into Windows 10, but am I correct in my reading of the specs . . . that it's not compatible with Windows 10?

dd

Just downloaded it, works fine with my windows 10

For those who have paid for the Nik Suite in the past, chances are you don't have the updates. From what I read, updates only happen automatically if you outright open one of the applications but not from within other software.

Or you may have gone to their site and downloaded the updates, which can be tricky digging it out.

I found out if you still have the original download link in your download folder from when you purchased it, you can download from that link again and get the latest version.

You will be asked if you are sure you want to do this because they see you already have it. Just ignore that warning and proceed.

Worked like a charm.

I have dowloaded it, but my PS CS2 32-bit, seems to be incompatible.  I am trying to make it work as a plug-in for LR5.5, so far without success.

If anyone has made it work with LR5.5, any tips would be welcome.

It definitely works with LR5. Happy to help with tips but would need more info on how it's not working i.e. can't install, can't launch etc.

I have dowloaded it, but my PS CS2 32-bit, seems to be incompatible.  I am trying to make it work as a plug-in for LR5.5, so far without success.

If anyone has made it work with LR5.5, any tips would be welcome.

I am using CS2 32bit, and as far as I can tell the Nik software seems to work fine.

I have not found out how to work the Nik software as an LR plug-in, but I have fixed it so an image can be exported to Nik as I usually do to PS CS2

During the Nik program install process, a list of compatible programs on my PC, eg, LR or PSE, was presented and I just had to select the one for using Nik as a plug in. In LR, I then right click on an image and select edit with Nik (Collection name, eg, Colour Efex). Works fine.

Be careful, I downloaded the Nik suite (Windows 7 Professional) and it promptly stopped my Adobe Creative Cloud desktop and Photoshop CC from launching ! 

Had to uninstall and re-install Adobe CC Desktop and Photoshop to get back to normal. Now all OK, and Nik plugins working too.

Marc

I have not found out how to work the Nik software as an LR plug-in, but I have fixed it so an image can be exported to Nik as I usually do to PS CS2

During the Nik program install process, a list of compatible programs on my PC, eg, LR or PSE, was presented and I just had to select the one for using Nik as a plug in. In LR, I then right click on an image and select edit with Nik (Collection name, eg, Colour Efex). Works fine.

Phil,

Yes that is exactly what I did, but the Nik software did not appear as an a plug in for LR.  I searched for some Google help, where the advice given was to uninstall it and reinstall,  which I did to no effect.

https://support.google.com/nikcollection/answer/3002259?hl=en

The Google Help also had instructions how to set LR to export a file directly into the Nik Silver efex Pro.  

The Photo/Edit in action allows installation of two destinations.  I have PS CS2 and Nik Silver efex Pro.

That suits me well, as for now I can do all the colour PP I need in LR and CS2

The Nik colour options are there in my PC if need arises.

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have paid for the Nik Suite in the past, chances are you don't have the updates. From what I read, updates only happen automatically if you outright open one of the applications but not from within other software.

Or you may have gone to their site and downloaded the updates, which can be tricky digging it out.

I found out if you still have the original download link in your download folder from when you purchased it, you can download from that link again and get the latest version.

You will be asked if you are sure you want to do this because they see you already have it. Just ignore that warning and proceed.

Worked like a charm.

would that download link look like this:       nikcollection_mac_installer_1.2.8_314.dmg

Allan

Worked like a charm.

Mine says NikCollection_1.2.8_0511-456dmg

would that download link look like this:       nikcollection_mac_installer_1.2.8_314.dmg

Allan

Worked like a charm.

Mine says NikCollection_1.2.8_0511-456dmg

Allan

Thanks Betty. :)

Allan

Archived