Have you found any alamy images Feb 2016

The image above of Reading Crown Court by Robert Read offers an interesting insight into what sells. The image was taken in 2005. I have an almost identical image taken in 2015. However there is one significant difference. The authorities have erected a lamppost boasting a large yellow sign to the RHS of the gate, directly in line with the flagpole in Robert's image. I couldn't remove it (not digitally altered).

If I were a picture editor I'd make the same choice as The Sun.

Russel.. your image would be EJ496W?

It's not even that big a yellow sign but it could be part of the reason why your image wasn't selected.. I do also wonder if Robert's picture was picked because the court gates are a bit more centered in the shot in Robert's version and also Robert's shot is a wider angle? I guess it might also just comes down to the journalist's preference on the day.

Interesting though.. I live in Reading myself.. might have to get a dog in the fight! :-) Reading Crown Court was already on my 'must take a photograph of' list.

Edit: But chances are, I think Pearl might be right.

The image above of Reading Crown Court by Robert Read offers an interesting insight into what sells. The image was taken in 2005. I have an almost identical image taken in 2015. However there is one significant difference. The authorities have erected a lamppost boasting a large yellow sign to the RHS of the gate, directly in line with the flagpole in Robert's image. I couldn't remove it (not digitally altered).

It's not even that big a yellow sign but it could be part of the reason why your image wasn't selected.. I do also wonder if Robert's picture was picked because the court gates are a bit more centered in the shot in Robert's version and also Robert's shot is a wider angle? I guess it might also just comes down to the journalist's preference on the day.

Interesting though.. I live in Reading myself.. might have to get a dog in the fight! :-) Reading Crown Court was already on my 'must take a photograph of' list.

Seems to be a well trodden spot for forumites! There's also myself and Southpole for company..

05/02/2016, UK, Guardian, p4, beached sperm whale at Old Hunstanton, FE2J83, Stuart Aylmer [via Live News]
05/02/2016, UK, Guardian, p25, Gwadar in Pakistan, ENY7C7, Xinhua [Cropped. No credit - poss not via Alamy]
05/02/2016, UK, Guardian, p32, white line on road, AJTGB7, Mark Hamilton

Hi all

I recently sold the image below but have been unable to find it, have tried Tineye but nothing is showing. Has anyone found it.

http://www.alamy.com/thumbs/4/%7B1EB49721-0CAC-42EF-9F8C-22E46935DCA3%7D/F7XE14.jpg

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/Retail_and_leisure/article1644390.ece

Hi all

I recently sold the image below but have been unable to find it, have tried Tineye but nothing is showing. Has anyone found it.

http://www.alamy.com/thumbs/4/%7B1EB49721-0CAC-42EF-9F8C-22E46935DCA3%7D/F7XE14.jpg

Sunday Times by the looks of it,  found using google image search

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/business/Retail_and_leisure/article1644390.ece

Seems to be a well trodden spot for forumites! There's also myself and Southpole for company..

Indeed. Might update my location to 'hanging around courtrooms'.

EDIT: I tend to think that Pearl is right, too.  Also, if you are not in the UK newspaper scheme (me), you ain't going to get a look in, in any case!

PRESSDISPLAY.COM

‘Removing white lines induces uncertainty and thus cuts vehicle speeds by 13%’

Photograph: Mark Hamilton/Alamy

The Guardian  |  5 Feb 2016  |  UK  |  English   | Page: 32

Whale stranded on beach in Norfolk dies
Another sperm whale became stranded on the east coast of England yesterday, the sixth to wash up on British shores in recent weeks. The whale was found stranded yesterday morning at Hunstanton beach in Norfolk and died last night, according to British...Aisha Gani and agencies
Photograph: Stuart Aylmer/Alamy
The Guardian  |  5 Feb 2016  |  UK  |  English    | Page: 4

Telegraph online

B1T4F8 Juniors Bildarchiv GmbH red lily beetle
C185NP David Page Jerusalem Artichoke tubers lying in the soil
EBT06P blickwinkel/McPHOTO/H.-R. Mueller Cydonia oblonga 'Riesenquitte von Leskovac

Guardian online

FDEP6P Aditya "Dicky” Singh Silhouette of a wild tiger walking along the shores of the Raj Bagh lake
FD9G1B or FD9G1A  robin chittenden Common Gull (Larus canus)

Mail Online 5th

No Alamy shots here but incredible images of collapsed crane in Manhattan.

DDP5DA Steve Silver  Westport House, County Mayo, Ireland Designed by the famous architects Richard Cassels and James Wyatt in the 18th century

BWCXYK Ivan Vdovin  Westport House (1730-1778), Mayo county, Ireland

C336W6  Stock Image Collectors Westport, Co Mayo, Ireland, Westport House

CFB7ED   Gabriela Insuratelu View of Westport house seen from the lake, county Mayo, Ireland

C5PN1R  Gabriela Insuratelu   Side view of Westport house, county Mayo, Ireland

EYACKX  The Irish Image Collection Westport House, Co Mayo, Ireland

E5XF3Y   Paul Heinrich Westport House and gardens, a tourist attraction in Westport, County Mayo, Ireland

CMXH8B  Barry Lewis Check-in counters in busy departure lounge at Heathrow airport

CEE42X   Maurice Savage  A shopper in front of bread rack in a E.Leclerc supermarket Reims, Champagne-Ardenne, France

CYGB9T  Holger Burmeister  cookie shelf in a supermarket

BM3N4R  British Retail Photography  Fruit & Veg Section - Sainsburys Superstore - Camden Town - London

DCHJ06   Robert Convery Morrisons supermarket store in Evesham, UK

EEFFHX   Robert Convery Aldi supermarket in Hereford, UK

two-women-having-a-cup-of-coffee-in-a-ca

Scarborough Commercial Photographer Aiden Clarke  noticed the photograph from Johner Images in the Guardian on 4-2-16. The image of two women laughing and enjoying coffee illustrates the point being made by the article written by Tamsin Rutter. She argues that stress and depression can make high demands on a persons mental health and highlights the importance of good inter personal relationships and the benefits of being a good listener.

http://www.theguardian.com/public-leaders-network/2016/feb/04/conversation-colleague-time-to-talk-mental-health

Times and Tablet edition 6th

P3 BCJYEW Adrian Brockwell Nash House and New Place gardens in Stratford upon Avon

P3 BTA7CR Chris Cooper-Smith Anne Hathaway's Cottage in Warwickshire

CPG9M0 Lynne Sutherland Razor clams from Scotland stacked and bound ready for sale

Times Weekend 6th

P18  BMD3WD  Steffen Hauser Raised beds in a vegetable garden

P18 C41R1R Ros Drinkwater raised bed kitchen garden, M&G Garden, Bunny Guinness, Che;sea Flower Show 2011

P30-31 A9CKFW JTB Photo Arched Ice Berg, row of houses, Ilulissat, Greenland, Denmark, The Arctic Circle, World Heritage

Thanks Bryan for finding:

(AET7X1  Mike Kipling Elvet Bridge Durham City and the River Wear England

Tineye is your friend.)

Guardian Online 5 February 2016

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/05/zika-virus-saliva-urine-transmission-kissing

Dennis Hallinan

couple-kissing-extreme-closeup-a694f3.jp

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/feb/05/my-name-is-lucy-barton-by-eliabeth-strout-review 

Can't find this one of the East River, New York - hundreds from this point but can't spot this one (did try tin-eye but only get error page

5062.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Thanks Bryan for finding:

(AET7X1  Mike Kipling Elvet Bridge Durham City and the River Wear England

Tineye is your friend.)

Guardian Online 5 February 2016

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/feb/05/my-name-is-lucy-barton-by-eliabeth-strout-review 

Can't find this one of the East River, New York - hundreds from this point but can't spot this one (did try tin-eye but only get error page

5062.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

F6XXEF  Francois Roux  Lower Manhattan skyscrapers and Financial District skyline at sunset with the Brooklyn Bridge over the East River, New York CIty

Tog's name from Google image search, but Tineye also found it. 

06/02/2016, UK, Guardian, p3, onion, C42P5N, oliver leedham [RF & no credit - poss not new sale via Alamy]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian, p27, Opening Times notice, E1P576, Richard Coombs [Cutout. No credit - poss not via Alamy]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian, p40, flooding in York, D58MB0, darryl gill [Alamy credit only]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian, p44, gavel & coins, FB6FM8, gualtiero boffi [Cropped. Alamy credit only]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Review section], p9, woman practicing yoga, credited to Alamy but I can't find it
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Review section], p11, New York at sunset, F6XXEF, Francois Roux [Alamy credit only]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Review section], p17, detail of Le combat de Jacob et l'Ange by Delacroix, BFR11A, The Art Archive [Alamy credit only]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Magazine], p87, flooded allotment, AY8J4R, FSR1 [Alamy credit only]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p3, Azadi Square in Tehran, AF0FG9, Images & Stories [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p5, Roald Dahl Museum, B4CARB, Greg Balfour Evans [No credit - poss not via Alamy]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p6, boy with fossil on beach, F04YJJ, True Images [Alamy credit only]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p8, Cabaret Voltaire in Zurich, FAP8BR, dpa picture alliance [Alamy credit only]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Travel section], p16, Tangier, EYWNX0, robertharding [Alamy credit only]
06/02/2016, UK, Guardian [Members section], p11, cyclists in London, BDR0X4, Stephen Burrows [Cropped. Alamy credit only]

Archived