Magazine Identity?

I've run a search on the forums to find the answer to this, but didn't see anything so I shall ask:

I've sold a few images that will be used as editorial images in magazines.

Is there any way to find out which magazines bought the images - so that I can add the names to my resume?

Not easily.

Leave it  a while - month maybe -  then try a reverse image search using both Google and Tineye.

You can also try googling a text search for your pseudo, in the form "pseudo alamy -discussion -alamy.com" in the forlorn hope that they have credited both you and Alamy, whilst avoiding picking up results from the Alamy catalogue and this forum.

100% success certainly not guaranteed as they may or may not have a web presence.

Not easily.

Leave it  a while - month maybe -  then try a reverse image search using both Google and Tineye.

If you've found out that you've made the sale via Alamy's sales report, then there maybe no need to wait. Alamy sales are often reported a while (2-6 months) after publication, so try a Google or Tineye reverse image search straightaway. The licence start date may give an insight into when the publication was. Also, if the licence quotes a print run then it may be worth asking on the forum, as others are quite adept at recognising likely publications from the circulation.

Thank you!

I will try to look them up and see what I find.

It helps sales if you can say your images were printed in certain magazines, especially if they are within a genre that fits with a lot of your portfolio already! And even being published in mediocre magazines can give cred so that you can move on up.

I was going to ask a question in a seperate thread but this seems to cover the same subject so will ask here hopefully without hijacking the original question.

What do you find the best way to paste the image into Google Images or Tineye? Given that the original files are huge and I dont want to create low res versions just to search given the workload.

So far I have copied onto desktop and then dragged into google, but this is laborious and there must be a better (proper) way to do this?

I was going to ask a question in a seperate thread but this seems to cover the same subject so will ask here hopefully without hijacking the original question.

What do you find the best way to paste the image into Google Images or Tineye? Given that the original files are huge and I dont want to create low res versions just to search given the workload.

So far I have copied onto desktop and then dragged into google, but this is laborious and there must be a better (proper) way to do this?

Seems like a slow, old fashioned way to search in Google Image.

Just install the Google Image search plugin - I am using the version below:

Search by Image (by Google) 1.5.1

This extension allows you to initiate a Google search using any image on the web. By the Google Images team.

- it allows you to place the cursor on an Internet image and click on the little blue camera showing in the lower left corner, and, hey presto, the search is done for you. (If the blue camera doesn't come up quickly enough you can also right click the mouse and choose in the menu).

A long time since I have used Tineye - but from what I have learned and seen from other users, it often finds images that Google may not. So perhaps you should use both. There is some sort of plugin, too. 

https://www.tineye.com/plugin

Strangely I haven't found a single new use with the "yourname/Alamy" search in around two years. Has something with google changed?

Still turns up a few, problem is that images rarely get a full credit. Also try doing a Google news search, but again it relies on a full credit.

I use "My Name/Alamy" as saved searches with Google Alerts, Yahoo Alerts and Talkwalker Alerts. That way I automatically get an e-mail telling me when a photo credit with my name has appeared somewhere on the web.

http://www.talkwalker.com/alerts

From Talkwalker terms and conditions it would appear that a fee is payable. Is that the case?

It does mention a free trial. How long?

Allan

From Talkwalker terms and conditions it would appear that a fee is payable. Is that the case?

Allan

I just reread them and then looked at the pricing - there isn't a charge for their basic alert service.

Allan

I just reread them and then looked at the pricing - there isn't a charge for their basic alert service.

Thank you.

Allan

Kimba can you tell me the image ID, country it sold to, date, circulation, etc. and I'll try to find it for you. Is it the Donald Trump piñata?

. . . I saw one of them on tv the other night . . . pretty darn clever piñata, its lips moved.

dd

Oh, I can hunt them down as well as the next person. Really, I just wanted to know if it was part of Alamy's record keeping.

No it wasn't one of the Trump pinatas, it was BlackLivesMatter, Blue Bottle Coffee (small print run magazine in Germany), and an image of a trail in Land's End near the Golden Gate Bridge.

I did think the Trump pinatas would get swooped up, but I don't even think they've been looked at.

Archived