Hello everyone,

I see that Alamy has 4 distributors in Poland and also direct clients there.

Since i life in Poland and my subjects are and will be most Polish i am asking myself if you have Polish sales showing up time by time.

Mirco

I had one sale to Poland in the past year made by a distributor, but the subject was German. I have sold Polish food before and elsewhere though - mostly pierogi, my fave Polish food!

edit - just noticed you are in Poznan, a very nice city, I did a day trip there from Berlin earlier in the year.

Don't have any photos taken in Poland on Alamy, but made one sale of a Spanish subject to a Polish newspaper. 

Your question has prompted me into action,  I do have some old 35mm negatives (Kodak Gold - anyone remember that?)  taken in Poland in 2001, must dig them out and do some scanning!

I had one Polish distributor sale this year for $92.05. The subject was a painting of a Polish saint, but taken in the US.  I've had similar sales to Poland in the past.

Bill Kuta (all my grandparents came to the US from Poland)

I appear to have had only two sales to Poland in seven years. Subjects were travel-related, Costa Rica and Mexico. Both were low distributor sales.

I've also found pirated images on Polish travel websites. Not much I can do about it, though, since I don't speak Polish.

Powodzenia!

Don't have any photos taken in Poland on Alamy, but made one sale of a Spanish subject to a Polish newspaper. 

Your question has prompted me into action,  I do have some old 35mm negatives (Kodak Gold - anyone remember that?)  taken in Poland in 2001, must dig them out and do some scanning!

Yup, I remember Kodak Gold well. It was a good all-purpose film. I find old colour negatives much trickier to scan than slides. I have a few scans of negatives on Alamy. None has leased yet, though.

Thanks for all you replies :).

And John thanks for your Polish effort ;). I am not Polish myself but i just know how difficult language it is for no Slavic people.

I had one sale to Poland in the past year made by a distributor, but the subject was German. I have sold Polish food before and elsewhere though - mostly pierogi, my fave Polish food!

edit - just noticed you are in Poznan, a very nice city, I did a day trip there from Berlin earlier in the year.

Yes, Poznan is nice place to life. It is actually the city that gave me the last push to move to that country,

Mirco

And John thanks for your Polish effort ;). I am not Polish myself but i just know how difficult language it is for no Slavic people.

Yes, Poznan is nice place to life. It is actually the city that gave me the last push to move to that country,

Mirco

English must also be very difficult to learn as a second language. It has so many synonyms, odd spellings, and awkward grammatical rules. I'm glad that I learned it when I was young.

Mirco

English must also be very difficult to learn as a second language. It has so many synonyms, odd spellings, and awkward grammatical rules. I'm glad that I learned it when I was young.

OH, OH, oh, no, no, no, not at all  :o

English is one of the easiest languages to learn. I also have some (more or less) knowledge of Dutch, French and German. Those languages are A LOT harder to master than English.

The English verb "go" has go, gone, going, went ....... and that's all (I think). Well, here's what you have to master in French (go = aller)  :wacko: Here's what you have to master in German and here's what you have to master in Dutch. Good luck!  :D

Cheers,

Philippe  ;)

True, the verbs have been simplified in English. However, it is a really "impure" language with so many words (more than any other language, I believe). Dutch sounds as if it was invented on another planet. I can't figure out how anyone can speak it. Congratulations. I find French tough because of the picky pronunciation, and then there is Quebec French, which is in a league unto itself. I've been studying Spanish -- a very logical language -- for years because I visit Latin America often. I can now manage to tell a Mexican taxi driver where I want to go and chat about the weather. However, people with Anglo-Saxon backgrounds (like me) just don't seem very adept at picking up other tongues for some reason.

A colleague in Amsterdam used to complain that he could not translate English marketing materials into his native Dutch. Not because he did not understand the English, it was because he could not reflect the nuances of the English in Dutch; it did not have the words.

It left him with an "ugly face" - a literal translation of the Dutch equivalent of the English expression "to have a long face", to show unhappiness, disappointment etc!

groetjes

Martin

"Dutch sounds as if it was invented on another planet" 

:D LOL  :D

And to complicate matters, the Flemish (who speak a kind of Dutch in the north of Belgium) mumble and though Flanders is pretty small, we have many dialects. Those in the east haven't got a clue what those - 100 miles further - in the west are saying though we use the same words but very different pronunciation.

Cheers,

Philippe

OTOH, it's sometimes hard to believe that the British invented English. B)

I lived in the Limburg part of the Netherlands for 20 years. So i speak Dutch very well. I had my home close to the German and Belgium border. Nice to see some other Dutch speaking fellows here all the time.

Mirco

The English verb "go" has go, gone, going, went ....... and that's all (I think). Well, here's what you have to master in French (go = aller)  :wacko: Here's what you have to master in German and here's what you have to master in Dutch. Good luck!  :D

And that's why I love English! Why complicate your life more? ;)

I tried to learn German, French or Spanish, I really wanted... All for nothing. English is different - it comes by itself and it sounds nice :)

And to complicate matters, the Flemish (who speak a kind of Dutch in the north of Belgium) mumble and though Flanders is pretty small, we have many dialects. Those in the east haven't got a clue what those - 100 miles further - in the west are saying though we use the same words but very different pronunciation.

Cheers,

Philippe

Well to be truly pedantic, they didn't... :) British is a term going back pre-Roman whereas the language that became English came via from German tribes many centuries later....we used to be invaded every five minutes in thse days. So in theory, we should be good at learning German but I guess Olde English/Middle English isn't taught much in schools. 

And as to the OP, sales to Poland are periodic (one a few days ago) and are always of non-country specific stuff.

Cheers,

Philippe

Well to be truly pedantic, they didn't... :) British is a term going back pre-Roman whereas the language that became English came via from German tribes many centuries later....we used to be invaded every five minutes in thse days. So in theory, we should be good at learning German but I guess Olde English/Middle English isn't taught much in schools. 

And as to the OP, sales to Poland are periodic (one a few days ago) and are always of non-country specific stuff.

I was being silly of course. But thanks for the history review. I realize that English is classified as a Germanic language.

Some British accents can sound almost like a different language to North American ears. No doubt it works both ways. This kind of diversity is a good thing. It would be pretty boring if we all sounded the same.  

Archived