This probably falls into the "general positivity" category, so I thought I would share. I had 12 sales (RM, non-distributor) pop up today, which I believe is the most I've ever had in one day. Mind you, they were low. My net -- assuming no refunds -- will be about $210. Still, it was encouraging to see the high volume since it compensates somewhat for falling prices. Hopefully, this is the start of a trend. Eleven of the sales look to be to the same buyer.

Just wondering, what is the most sales you've had thru Alamy on a single day?

Wow John, that is great, should help your ranking stats! I am not sure but I think maybe around 5 to 8 in one day.

True, I hadn't thought about that.

Taking a quick look in the rear-view mirror, my previous record seems to have been six in one day back in 2011. Have also had a few 4-5 batches per day.

Conde Naste sales popped in today, so that may have been your buyer. And my AOL sales appeared on the third this month.

But to answer your question, I had six sales on January third which is my record.

On Alamy, 24 sales @ $69.23 14th November 2008. I think it was TES but not sure.

Had much better days with other agents where they've reported a book or website. 

Who can tell me how to sell at Alamy at all?

Cannot understand why there are just a few sales. Do not know what is needed to increase sales. :-(

With 912 images out of a collection of 49 million, I would have thought the answer to that question was pretty obvious.

Alan

Cannot understand why there are just a few sales. Do not know what is needed to increase sales. :-(

Shoot images that clients want to use. How many sales will you get from re-enactment meetings?....not many. I don't see any real lifestyle images of 'modern' Russia in your portfolio, no images of people doing business etc. Plant images with no latin names just won't cut it, you need to identify the species or cultivar. 

You need to look at what's used by clients and see how you can provide some of those images.

Not via Alamy, but sold in a single day via a Belgian agency: 154 pictures about World War One.

Cheers,

Philippe

Wow!  That'll take some beating.  Very well done to you and to John.

Answering the OP question is sadly all too easy for me at present: my max. is the same as my min.  Not too tricky to work out!

Not via Alamy, but sold in a single day via a Belgian agency: 154 pictures about World War One.

Cheers,

Philippe

Wow!  That'll take some beating.  Very well done to you and to John.

Answering the OP question is sadly all too easy for me at present: my max. is the same as my min.  Not too tricky to work out!

Ditto. :(

But quite a few zooms (for me at any rate).

Allan

Shoot images that clients want to use. How many sales will you get from re-enactment meetings?....not many. I don't see any real lifestyle images of 'modern' Russia in your portfolio, no images of people doing business etc. Plant images with no latin names just won't cut it, you need to identify the species or cultivar. 

You need to look at what's used by clients and see how you can provide some of those images.

Thanks! I will try... After all there is no other way just try. But how can I look at pictures that are used by clients of Alamy? Is it possible? At other microstocs there are Best sellers, Popular and so on pages but I cannot see them here at Alamy.

Thanks! I will try... After all there is no other way just try. But how can I look at pictures that are used by clients of Alamy? Is it possible? At other microstocs there are Best sellers, Popular and so on pages but I cannot see them here at Alamy.

Alamy's clients are no different, for editorial work, than any magazine/book/commercial website that you can look at.

Look at the 'have you found any Alamy images' thread.

"At other microstocks there are ..."  I like that. Could be a reality check for the firm. 

Alamy don't do best sellers, but they do do ranking.  Enter 'BHZ' into search box.  Have a look at the collections of the first 100 names that appear.  These will be selling very well (1...10) to quite well (90...100).  Compare with poorly performing collections way down in the rankings.

BHZ is not an official Alamy thing: for explanation look back at forum posts.

Also (added later):  Since some of the very best collection won't bother with BHZ try doing keyword searches and clicking on the photographer link for the first image in the results (or first two or three if the search yields tens of thousands of results).  The larger the collection, the more you can be sure that this contains a lot of imagery that buyers want. 

Conde Naste sales popped in today, so that may have been your buyer. And my AOL sales appeared on the third this month.

But to answer your question, I had six sales on January third which is my record.

Except for one, the sales were non-editorial, corporate website (travel-related, I'd say), so probably not CN. The gods must have been in a rare mood. Full moon as well, so that might have had something to do with it. Sure would be nice if we saw more bulk sales like this.

18 textbook uses in 1 day last month, all over $100. I wish that was the norm but, alas, it is not.

I'd definitely call that a good day. Congratulations.

One sale for over $100 and I would call that a good day!

18 textbook uses in 1 day last month, all over $100. I wish that was the norm but, alas, it is not.

I'd definitely call that a good day. Congratulations.

One sale for over $100 and I would call that a good day!

I would call that a good WEEK!  If it happened every week. :mellow:

Allan

Archived