Is everyone using the default camera app ?

I was looking for something that showed exposure (even if I couldn't change it). I took a pic into iPhoto and it showed the shutter as 1/20 but it looked sharp and was accepted.

I have had 30 accepted from 120 submitted. But these are all images that were already on my wifes iPhone, she has 1300 images on there.

Dave

Just when I thought I was getting a sense of what they were looking for, I had three out of four rejected this morning.

The iPad has a 5 megapixel camera while the iPhone 4s, 5 and 5s all have 8 megapixel cameras. Still most of my photos that were accepted were shot using my old 3Gs which only has a 3 megapixel camera.

fD

I'm really confused about the criteria of images. What QC model are we running off here? How much editing can we do? Can we sharpen? What about light an dark areas? It's all too open to interpretation. I got out my car this morning and snapped the sunrise. It got accepted. 4 other images that were classic stock were rejected. I just don't understand it. 

Blog states:

Creative or Editorial?

Stockimo is for users to ‘Cash in on their creativity’ we want cool, creative photos, shot with the more conceptual requirements of design and advertising in mind. However we will also shortly be adding a feature where users can submit News pictures via the app. So if your images are more Editorial in nature you may want to hold off for that feature.

My feeling is from all the recent posts and Alamy blog's... if you are thinking "standard stock taken on an iPhone" you are thinking totally wrong (and it's clear from many of the posts in this place that is what many are thinking).

Time to think outside the box (or inside the phone)....

I've got the Samsung Note 3, great IQ and a lovely screen. Is the app out on Android yet??? ;)

It would be nice if we could tidy up the history on the app upload page to get rid of the clutter.

What's in the above statement to warrant a Red Flag?!?! I really don't get why people apply red flags to things they don't agree with.... just don't give a green one and let others have a say!

Greenie applied to balance it back up!!

I've got the Samsung Note 3, great IQ and a lovely screen. Is the app out on Android yet??? ;)

It would be nice if we could tidy up the history on the app upload page to get rid of the clutter.

What's in the above statement to warrant a Red Flag?!?! I really don't get why people apply red flags to things they don't agree with.... just don't give a green one and let others have a say!

Many of us have been saying the same thing for a long time now, to no avail . . . most have given up, some have left or been kicked out . . . and discussion beyond a post or two is usually jumped on from a great height by the powers that be.

. . . the keywords "spineless", "lame" and "cowardly" spring to mind . . . I do wonder sometimes what would happen if Alamy "accidentally" released a log showing who handed out all the red arrows, and to whom . . . I'd pay for that :)

dd

I'm really confused about the criteria of images. What QC model are we running off here? How much editing can we do? Can we sharpen? What about light an dark areas? It's all too open to interpretation. I got out my car this morning and snapped the sunrise. It got accepted. 4 other images that were classic stock were rejected. I just don't understand it. 

I got 13 images rejected in a row. That was really bad luck. I'm off Stockimo today. We spend too much time typing keywords on a tiny screen and there are no searches in Stockimo library. 

Many of us have been saying the same thing for a long time now, to no avail . . . most have given up, some have left or been kicked out . . . and discussion beyond a post or two is usually jumped on from a great height by the powers that be.

. . . the keywords "spineless", "lame" and "cowardly" spring to mind . . . I do wonder sometimes what would happen if Alamy "accidentally" released a log showing who handed out all the red arrows, and to whom . . . I'd pay for that :)

dd

I am with dd and Duncan on this one, while I don't feel we need a red arrow on the forum but it looks like it's here to stay...on the other hand it doesn't mean people have to use it, surely if you dont agree with something  put it in writing on the forum without hiding behind red arrows ( anyway a lot of the time you can work out who has given them ) I dont do a lot of posting on any forums but I do read them and over the last couple of weeks have given ( along with the other good guys and gals on the forum ) plenty of greens to get rid of the reds....campaign for a chilled out forum  :)

dd

I am with dd and Duncan on this one, while I don't feel we need a red arrow on the forum but it looks like it's here to stay...on the other hand it doesn't mean people have to use it, surely if you dont agree with something  put it in writing on the forum without hiding behind red arrows ( anyway a lot of the time you can work out who has given them ) I dont do a lot of posting on any forums but I do read them and over the last couple of weeks have given ( along with the other good guys and gals on the forum ) plenty of greens to get rid of the reds....campaign for a chilled out forum  :)

Thanks for the greenie Duncan :)

I got another red for another time I mentioned an app for Android so maybe that is the reason I was given it.

I tend to give greenies if someone has been given a red for a post without reason just to even it up.

I will probably get a red for saying this but Alamy use them when they don't like what we say.  I know for sure that they gave me one once as they were the only other watchers when it appeared. 

Pearl

Also don't forget that people reading on phones and tablets sometimes hit the red button by accident. I really, really wish they would go away!!!! It only causes paranoia and hard feelings. We have lost Philippe partly for this reason. He also thinks Alamy uses them. I wonder if they will give me one for this. I am usually so "sweet".

Paulette

Off topic paranoia = we're closing this one down folks, sorry.

Regarding the original question, you technically can upload from an iPad as the app is compatible with it. 

Cheers

Alamy

Archived