The recent blog post says only images taken on an iphone. Does anyone know if that also includes images taken on a ipad? The app installs and works on an ipad so i had assumed that ipad images were permitted. Now i am not sure.

I also wondered this or whether images taken on an ipod touch would be acceptable.  More than anything it would be nice to be able to try Stockimo before deciding to invest in an iphone.  My phone contract finished last month so I could upgrade and I had been wondering about getting an iphone anyway, so I might take the plunge.  Really disappointed that android not accepted, but if I buy an iphone I can practically guarantee the android app will be released the next day...............

Sue

Thanks all for the replies.

I uploaded an image from my iPad the other day. It was rejected. I think it's strictly just iPhones even though you get the app on the ipad too. Quite confusing really. 

Paul do you know if it was rejected because of the iPad or because of some other reason?  I read somewhere that they are currently rejecting about 50% of images anyhow based on a lot of reasons including saleability.

As we have some conflicting views here, perhaps Alamy need to jump in and give up a definitive answer.

Ian.

.... perhaps Alamy need to jump in and give up a definitive answer.
o

Indeed. I'd like to know if the ipad can be used purely as an upload device with the app to submit phone shot images created with other flavours of mobile phone?

Alex

Thanks all for the replies.

I uploaded an image from my iPad the other day. It was rejected. I think it's strictly just iPhones even though you get the app on the ipad too. Quite confusing really. 

Paul do you know if it was rejected because of the iPad or because of some other reason?  I read somewhere that they are currently rejecting about 50% of images anyhow based on a lot of reasons including saleability.

As we have some conflicting views here, perhaps Alamy need to jump in and give up a definitive answer.

Ian.

No idea Ian. I was rejected and accepted today too. Score of 3 on two pics with a silver star on it saying "work harder next time" lol 

.... perhaps Alamy need to jump in and give up a definitive answer.
o

Indeed. I'd like to know if the ipad can be used purely as an upload device with the app to submit phone shot images created with other flavours of mobile phone?

Alex

From the blog:

"iPhone photos only please

We’ve seen some images coming through via Stockimo that aren’t shot on phones. We set up Stockimo to source and collect iPhone photos so we’ll be rejecting pictures that aren’t shot on a phone. Sorry, but if we are to package and promote the collection as shot on phones we need to be confident about the product."

iPad camera is 5 mp vs iPhone's 8mp.

From the blog:

We’ve seen some images coming through via Stockimo that aren’t shot on phones. We set up Stockimo to source and collect iPhone photos so we’ll be rejecting pictures that aren’t shot on a phone. Sorry, but if we are to package and promote the collection as shot on phones we need to be confident about the product."

I guess the combination of those two statements answers the question.  

I had actually posted the question in response to reading that sentence on the blog.

I (like others) thought it WAS the same camera in the the ipad that was in the iphone - therefore it should make zero difference which device surrounds the camera. A view reinforced by the fact that Alamy made the app available for the ipad as well as the iphone.  If the cameras are different then the statement in the blog makes sense.

Looks like I can't submit after all...  I "only" have an ipad not an iphone.  :-(

From the blog:

I had actually posted the question in response to reading that sentence on the blog.

I (like others) thought it WAS the same camera in the the ipad that was in the iphone - therefore it should make zero difference which device surrounds the camera. A view reinforced by the fact that Alamy made the app available for the ipad as well as the iphone.  If the cameras are different then the statement in the blog makes sense.

Looks like I can't submit after all...  I "only" have an ipad not an iphone.  :-(

It will be here for andriod someday, anyone want to make a bet when?

From the blog:

It will be here for andriod someday, anyone want to make a bet when?

The Twelfth of Never? :)

You can! I've used an ipad to submit images shot with a Nokia and had an acceptance.

Alex

Oh I'm now totally confused.  

Alamy.... can we PLEASE have a definitive answer!?

My rejection rate is 30-40%. Try to upload more photos.

Rejection rate is pretty damaging for the mental state. If you look at the catalogue it's almost like they want really over processed work. I think it's back to the drawing board on this one. I think people may assume it's piss easy getting pics on Stockimo. It's easier on the normal route. 

Rejection rate is pretty damaging for the mental state. If you look at the catalogue it's almost like they want really over processed work. I think it's back to the drawing board on this one. I think people may assume it's piss easy getting pics on Stockimo. It's easier on the normal route. 

What I would like from Alamy is a clear guideline of the type of images that they are accepting to be part of Stockimo. In the normal route we have the QC, but for Stockimo we do not know, having the risk of uploading lots of images, and being rejected later on, without knowing if they will meet Stockimo acceptance criteria, whatever it is.

What I would like from Alamy is a clear guideline of the type of images that they are accepting to be part of Stockimo. In the normal route we have the QC, but for Stockimo we do not know, having the risk of uploading lots of images, and being rejected later on, without knowing if they will meet Stockimo acceptance criteria, whatever it is.

Aye they just say be creative, but it seems to be that you should be creative within a set boundary lol. 

I've had 3 out of 7 accepted. I suck man lol 

The normal QC route would have all 7 rejected and 28 days in the sin bin so getting almost half your images accepted and no punishment for the rejected ones seems better to me. :)

I've had 7 out of 15 accepted so far.

This is true Alex. It's good that you get a second go right away, and nothing sits for more than a day too. 

Archived