Images Licenced August 2024

Worldwide, editorial, any size, in perpetuity. Mid $$. A shot I almost didn't bother with because I don't like the light. And, if I'm not mistaken, my first sale with a shot from my M10. 

long-live-the-intifada-banner-at-the-gaz

Edited by Mark Scheuern
  • Like 1

On 23/08/2024 at 06:02, StokeCreative said:

convertible smart car outside a French bar.    (ours, during an epic 3 week road trip to the south of france!)

2CC4M82.jpg

Usage: Editorial

Media: Editorial website

Industry sector: General business services

Image Size: Any size

Start: 01 August 2024

Duration: In perpetuity Serbia,Editorial website

$

Looks like my VW sale was to the same customer. 

You are obviously on 20% commission. To obtain 40% you have to license $250 worth during the year from the end of July.  License fees are now very silly, contributing to many very disillusioned photographers. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

These days it looks like no one should start new with Alamy until they have a thousand images ready to upload. People are started on Gold but then falling to Silver happens if they don't start selling right away. I certainly took a long long time to start selling at the beginning.

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, sb photos said:

You are obviously on 20% commission. To obtain 40% you have to license $250 worth during the year from the end of July.  License fees are now very silly, contributing to many very disillusioned photographers. 

So true. Used to i could hit that $250 mark with one sale, certainly with two or three. (Ahhh, yes, back in the day, says the old timer) With these paltry prices these days, you might need to license anywhere from 100 to 200 to hit the threshold. All depending how many are $$ or rare $$$ if one is lucky..

• Like 4

13 hours ago, NYCat said:

These days it looks like no one should start new with Alamy until they have a thousand images ready to upload. People are started on Gold but then falling to Silver happens if they don't start selling right away. I certainly took a long long time to start selling at the beginning.

Paulette

Very true Paulette. It is just over 11 months since I rejoined Alamy. I fully intended to get 1000s of images up quickly but life just got in the way. I'm only in the 700s. I've made 7 sales for $112 gross (have not reached payout threshold yet), the last two being $2 gross each. So I will almost certainly drop to Silver in a couple of weeks. I love photography and would be doing it anyway, so will keep uploading. The idea of converting my images to RF, going non-exclusive and uploading to other stock sites is increasingly looking like a good option. Alamy have to make what they have competitive with  what customers can get elsewhere and it is no longer like you are competing with yourself by uploading elsewhere. It seems that Alamy license fees continue to fall and I'm not seeing that trend likely to change.

• Like 2

Manchester, UK. 24th August, 2022. People walk past a pride image on Costa coffee shop window. Businesses and agencies decorate their windows and frontages to welcome and celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride, Manchester, UK. Manchester LGBTQ+ Pride takes place over the Bank Holiday weekend 26th to 29th August. Organisers say: "Manchester Pride is one of the UK's leading LGBTQ+ charities. Our vision is a world where LGBTQ+ people are free to live and love without prejudice. We’re part of a global Pride movement celebrating LGBTQ+ equality and challenging discrimination." Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News. Country: United Kingdom  Usage: Editorial Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside Image Size: 1 page Start: 01 January 1900 Duration: In perpetuity Any placement: Inside or cover. $

2JRGB36.jpg

• Like 1

Do I have a diverse portfolio or what?? 😂

My two licenses today, one taken in the UK (uploaded in 2007), the other in Oz, to the same buyer, a UK magazine. Sometimes I scratch my head.

Oh and BTW, $ in perpetuity.

ADB4NJ.jpg

FPBDEM.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Belvoir Castle. $$

Usage: Editorial, Editorial Online - Website, Social Media, App & Stock Images
Media: All media
Start: 27 August 2024
Duration: In perpetuity

sheep-grazing-on-the-slopes-beneath-belv

• Like 2

Four more in over the last few days.

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 09 July 2024
Duration: In perpetuity One use in a single editorial article used within the digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article

Low $

exterior-of-peninsula-hotel-on-hyde-park-corner-belgravia-london-england-uk-2WPA4AJ.jpg

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 08 July 2024
Duration: In perpetuity One use in a single editorial or advertorial article used within web versions of titles from the same group. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Country: United Kingdom

Low $

woman-jogger-passes-st-giles-church-reading-room-in-high-street-chalfont-st-giles-buckinghamshire-england-uk-2C23GPW.jpg

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on social media and digital platforms produced by client. Customer Marketing: - Internal publication services - “In house” produced marketing.
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 25 August 2024
Duration: Unlimited

Really low $ !!!

the-boat-house-pub-wallingford-oxfordshire-england-uk-2H09PGM.jpg

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 January 1900
Duration: In perpetuity Any placement: Inside or cover.

A bit better, high $

exterior-of-fopp-a-store-offering-leftfield-books-cds-alongside-arthouse-world-cinema-dvd-earlham-street-seven-dials-london-england-uk-2M9J5NN.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

How can such use be so cheap?

$ 8.93

1 hour ago, IKuzmin said:

How can such use be so cheap?

$ 8.93

That's the same as my first one above (including questionable start date!), but the second is over $50. It comes down to print run I presume. 

5 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

Editorial magazine $

a-large-impressive-common-honeysuckle-lo

Steve, I have this honeysuckle, but it is identified as “Goldflame honeysuckle “ Lonicera heckrottii over here across the pond. Our common honeysuckle has much smaller blooms without the pink. Just pale yellow. Here’s mine.

FW6ACX.jpg
blooming-goldflame-honeysuckle-lonicera-

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Thanks 1