Dashboard issues

Alex Ramsay

Question

4 hours ago, Avpics said:

A functioning dashboard is useful, but I'm more concerned with the customer-facing aspect of the site. Time is money, and buyers will go elsewhere rather than waiting forever for pages to load.

I thought images were not loading on my 20 mps wi fi (not very fast) using Chrome. But then they did load on the Edge browser so I updated Chrome and now that is loading images ok. I like looking around to see what you all think is worth covering. 

So what's going on Alamy????

Nothing appears to have updated and more info is missing than ever!

Would be helpful to communicate here with contributors but communication seems to be very low priority.

Hi Everyone,

The site maintenance that took place on Sunday 16th June (but was cancelled from the previous week) has been planned for some time. This update was not related to the current dashboard issue, which is under a separate IT ticket.

The site maintenance from Sunday has been a success, and was part of a larger, wider update to the Alamy platform behind the scenes.

I am asking our IT team for an update on the dashboard issue, and hope to have more news soon.

Once again, very sorry for the inconvenience but we're looking to fix this asap.

Thanks

Sophie 

• Thanks 3

My Alamy Measures page (for my pictures) is saying there is no data at all. This is on the back of pictures reported by the dashboard as Not For Sale which has been stuck on 33 for about 5 days now.

43 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi Everyone,

The site maintenance that took place on Sunday 16th June (but was cancelled from the previous week) has been planned for some time. This update was not related to the current dashboard issue, which is under a separate IT ticket.

The site maintenance from Sunday has been a success, and was part of a larger, wider update to the Alamy platform behind the scenes.

I am asking our IT team for an update on the dashboard issue, and hope to have more news soon.

Once again, very sorry for the inconvenience but we're looking to fix this asap.

Thanks

Sophie 

Ok, thank you Sophie.

I'm showing 29th May last update, but also I went through my old images and redid a lot of my 'poor discoverability' ones and they are not showing as changed. On my dashboard still the same number as over a week ago. 

2 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks

Sophie 

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Thomas Kyhn said:

Recent photos (from last week) that appear as 'On sale' in the image manager still don't appear on the site.

Hi @Thomas Kyhn can you confirm a couple of the image refs that aren't showing on the main site but are seen as 'on sale' in your Image Manager, that so I can look into this for you? Can you either share them here or email contributors@alamy.com

Thanks, Sophie

• Love 1

It seems to be taking two days for images to appear after showing as "on sale". Also two days for any changes made in captions and keywords.

Paulette

43 minutes ago, Alamy said:

Hi @Thomas Kyhn can you confirm a couple of the image refs that aren't showing on the main site but are seen as 'on sale' in your Image Manager, that so I can look into this for you? Can you either share them here or email contributors@alamy.com

Thanks, Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for replying.

I just realized that they are actually on the site, I just had to go through a few pages to find them – I had expected them to come up at the top when I sort by Newest, but for some reason they didn't. I should have checked properly.

Thomas

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thomas Kyhn said:

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for replying.

I just realized that they are actually on the site, I just had to go through a few pages to find them – I had expected them to come up at the top when I sort by Newest, but for some reason they didn't. I should have checked properly.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, glad it's ok. Sorting by 'Newest' or 'Oldest' is currently based on the 'Date Taken' metadata field, as in the date the photo was taken. It may be that eventually we'll add another filter so you can sort by 'date of upload' but we're still assessing the need for this according to other priorities for improving customer search.

Sophie

1 hour ago, Gervais Montacute said:

What does "We can't find what you're looking for' mean when you click on a photo?

can you be more specific? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gervais Montacute said:

Yes. go into my photos and click on say, The Ritz Cinema. It's on the first page that comes up.

'The Ritz Cinema in Westgate, the market town of Thirsk, North Yorkshire, England, UK. Operated today by volunteers and converted to a cinema in 1912.'

Yes, works fine when I click on it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steve F said:

'The Ritz Cinema in Westgate, the market town of Thirsk, North Yorkshire, England, UK. Operated today by volunteers and converted to a cinema in 1912.'

Yes, works fine when I click on it.

Thanks for looking. Weird though. Doesn't work when I do it.

Edited by Gervais Montacute
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Gervais Montacute said:

Thank for looking. Weird though. Doesn't work when I do it.

No worries. Maybe refresh your browser or clear your cookies and try again?

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Thanks Thomas, glad it's ok. Sorting by 'Newest' or 'Oldest' is currently based on the 'Date Taken' metadata field, as in the date the photo was taken. It may be that eventually we'll add another filter so you can sort by 'date of upload' but we're still assessing the need for this according to other priorities for improving customer search.

Sophie

I think I am not the only contributor who wants the "Date of Upload" choice. I like to go over my most recent submission to add the Alamy numbers to Lightroom and to improve captions and keywords. Someone (Mark Chapman?) on the Forum gave us a way to get there so I have that bookmarked now. It is really helpful to go to my most recent upload other than in the little image I see in Manage Images.

Paulette

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I think I am not the only contributor who wants the "Date of Upload" choice. I like to go over my most recent submission to add the Alamy numbers to Lightroom and to improve captions and keywords. Someone (Mark Chapman?) on the Forum gave us a way to get there so I have that bookmarked now. It is really helpful to go to my most recent upload other than in the little image I see in Manage Images.

Paulette

Agreed!

Alex

1 hour ago, Alamy said:

Sophie

Thanks for the information. I, for one, would find it very useful to be able to sort by 'date of upload'.

Thomas

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Dashboard suddenly updated completely, in the last few minutes

Alex

That's great. Thanks, Alex, and Alamy!