Beginning recently, an annoying box asking me to accept cookies keeps appearing as I navigate the Alamy website. The box continues to pop up even if I click "Accept". Anyone else noticing this? If so, is it possible to banish the box forever? πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Beginning recently, an annoying box asking me to accept cookies keeps appearing as I navigate the Alamy website. The box continues to pop up even if I click "Accept". Anyone else noticing this? If so, is it possible to banish the box forever? πŸͺπŸͺπŸͺ

Until recently, I could see this every time I accessed the forum through my mobile phone (Google browser), but not anymore...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

Maybe this add-on or plug-in or browser extension for your browser can fix it?

I don't care about cookies 3.5.0.

It fixes almost all of the cookie stuff on mine. Almost, because there are one or two that have found a way to keep popping up.

I also use uBlock Origin.

Β 

wim

Β 

Thanks.The 'I don't care about cookies' add-on looks intriguing. Might give it a try. I use Firefox and Chrome most of the time.

Β 

Still wondering why the new cookie box suddenly started showing up, though.πŸ€”

11 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Me too, annoying. About two days back

12 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Same here 🀨

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Radim said:

Β 

That's right, it started 2-3 days ago, and the irritating box is still popping up just about everywhere I go. 😠

Β 

Β 

Edited by John Mitchell

On 27/03/2024 at 08:34, Radim said:

+1. Very annoying .

Β 

Alamy - could something please be done about it? Must be extremely irritating to purchasers also.

Β 

Kumar

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

It only shows up on pages when I search for images. It does not appear on the main page. I keep clicking Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept .........
and still nothing
I installed the plug-in model on Whiskerke's advice
and nothing has changed either.

I'll probably just click for the rest of my lifeΒ 
GrrrrrrπŸ˜•πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

On 29/03/2024 at 13:56, Michael Ventura said:

I am feeling left out πŸ˜ƒ, I am not getting the cookie monster.

Β 

What browser are you using? The monster seems especially fond of Firefox and Chrome.

15 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Β 

What browser are you using? The monster seems especially fond of Firefox and Chrome.

I use a variety, from Chrome and Firefox to Edge and Safari (on my iPad)