Beginning recently, an annoying box asking me to accept cookies keeps appearing as I navigate the Alamy website. The box continues to pop up even if I click "Accept". Anyone else noticing this? If so, is it possible to banish the box forever? 🍪🍪🍪

5 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Beginning recently, an annoying box asking me to accept cookies keeps appearing as I navigate the Alamy website. The box continues to pop up even if I click "Accept". Anyone else noticing this? If so, is it possible to banish the box forever? 🍪🍪🍪

Until recently, I could see this every time I accessed the forum through my mobile phone (Google browser), but not anymore...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

Maybe this add-on or plug-in or browser extension for your browser can fix it?

I don't care about cookies 3.5.0.

It fixes almost all of the cookie stuff on mine. Almost, because there are one or two that have found a way to keep popping up.

I also use uBlock Origin.

wim

Thanks.The 'I don't care about cookies' add-on looks intriguing. Might give it a try. I use Firefox and Chrome most of the time.

Still wondering why the new cookie box suddenly started showing up, though.🤔

11 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Me too, annoying. About two days back

12 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Same here 🤨

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Radim said:

That's right, it started 2-3 days ago, and the irritating box is still popping up just about everywhere I go. 😠

Edited by John Mitchell

On 27/03/2024 at 08:34, Radim said:

+1. Very annoying .

Alamy - could something please be done about it? Must be extremely irritating to purchasers also.

Kumar

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

It only shows up on pages when I search for images. It does not appear on the main page. I keep clicking Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept, Accept .........
and still nothing
I installed the plug-in model on Whiskerke's advice
and nothing has changed either.

I'll probably just click for the rest of my life 
Grrrrrr😕😵‍💫

On 29/03/2024 at 13:56, Michael Ventura said:

I am feeling left out 😃, I am not getting the cookie monster.

What browser are you using? The monster seems especially fond of Firefox and Chrome.

15 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

What browser are you using? The monster seems especially fond of Firefox and Chrome.

I use a variety, from Chrome and Firefox to Edge and Safari (on my iPad)

• 5 weeks later...

This has been doing my head in too using Chrome! cookies are always popping up wherever I browse on the main Alamy site! 

Now after reading the above comments on browsers, Iv'e just done a quick test and see that Chrome appears to be the main culprit for me here, testing it out

on Firefox seems to be behaving normally on my Mac.

1 minute ago, ChrisR Photo said:

This has been doing my head in too using Chrome! cookies are always popping up wherever I browse on the main Alamy site! 

Now after reading the above comments on browsers, Iv'e just done a quick test and see that Chrome appears to be the main culprit for me here, testing it out

on Firefox seems to be behaving normally on my Mac.

I recently switched from Chrome to Safari as it became very unstable.

No problems with Safari or Firefox.

Just now, Tony ALS said:

I recently switched from Chrome to Safari as it became very unstable.

No problems with Safari or Firefox.

To be fair, I generally use both Chrome and Firefox as some websites seem to either favour one or the other, so i'll just use which ever one works best and found that both those browsers have been fine for me, and i guess depending on what system a person uses determines which browser is best for them.