Alamy POTM February: Lakes

Alamy

Thank you for including three of my images Chantelle.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

On 13/02/2024 at 21:01, TABan said:

I live near a lake. A really big one. And if you stuck it in England, it would stretch from the Channel to the Scottish border. Lake Michigan in her varied moods. She's no joke, I speak from the experience of crossing her on a 25 foot sloop and getting caught in a squall.

chicago-skyline-and-lake-michigan-2F38FB

chicago-illinois-usa-26th-november-2018-

chicago-illinois-usa-21st-august-2018-tw

Amazing how it looks like the ocean! Living on the east coast all my life (except for a year in California), I was amazed each time I flew over Lake MIchigan as my plane descended into Chicago, unfortunately each time it was on a layover and I never got to see the Lake in person but it has been on my bucket list for years. Great images!

So many beautiful ones. I marked some of mine but forgot to upload them but given the competition it probably didn't matter. Congrats to all my friends here and everyone else whose images made the cut. Fabulous imagery and joy to look at! 

• Like 1

• Alamy unpinned this topic