February 2024 Favourite uploads

Bryan

We suffered a long bus ride to Stockton on Tees, there was some sunshine, and this little girl popped up to give some life to the shot. 

Coincidentally a Stockton sale dropped in yesterday, a photo taken some years ago.

view-across-stockton-high-street-fountai

Edited by Bryan
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bryan said:

We suffered a long bus ride to Stockton on Tees, there was some sunshine, and this little girl popped up to give some life to the shot. 

Coincidentally a Stockton sale dropped in yesterday, a photo taken some years ago.

view-across-stockton-high-street-fountai

Handsome place.

In 2019 there were seven Clios hanging from clothespegs in the High Street and we had a pint or two of Sam Smiths in the Green Dragon.

2ACCXGK.jpg2ACCX7M.jpg

Last year there were no Clios. And the Green Dragon had shut.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2

On 20/02/2024 at 18:11, spacecadet said:

Handsome place.

In 2019 there were seven Clios hanging from clothespegs in the High Street and we had a pint or two of Sam Smiths in the Green Dragon.

Last year there were no Clios. And the Green Dragon had shut.

Love the Clios shot, has it sold ?

Sadly Stockton appears to me to be a town with a glorious past, with some fine old architecture, but somewhere that appears to have fallen upon hard times. I took a number of photos that I subsequently decided not to use. One, a telephoto shot of the High Street bus station, looked fine through the viewfinder, but when I started to process it I noticed a severely disabled man in a wheelchair with his two carers in the centre of the shot. Then I took a photo of a sign saying "Welcome to Stockton" in the shopping centre, but the people captured looked depressed and depressing, including one young man sitting looking down dejectedly.

The handsome old M&S building is now a B&M discount store.

Things may be improving, they've flattened the riverside shopping centre and are in the process of building a riverside park, should be nice when complete.

2WJRG8G.jpg

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 2

Some severe weather images from me. These were taken recently in Outback Queensland. We were stranded for a week in the desert by cyclonic rain and wind caused by ex-tropical cyclone Kirrily. Even though the cyclone had been downgraded, it was still a fierce beast. I thought our poor motorhome was going to be toppled over. Lightning lit up the whole sky, and skies are big in the desert! Thunder roared, wind howled, torrential rain soaked by bed, pillow and curtain through a jammed window. A night I will remember forever! Oh, and two days later, we had a dust storm. The worst? The pub was closed because it was flooded...

2WKPH58.jpg

2WKPH8K.jpg

2WKPHTF.jpg

2WKPHD9.jpg

2WKPHGM.jpg

2WKPHKB.jpg

2WKPHAG.jpg

2WKPJ3A.jpg

2WKPJ2K.jpg

2WKPH16.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Some severe weather images from me. These were taken recently in Outback Queensland. We were stranded for a week in the desert by cyclonic rain and wind caused by ex-tropical cyclone Kirrily. Even though the cyclone had been downgraded, it was still a fierce beast. I thought our poor motorhome was going to be toppled over. Lightning lit up the whole sky, and skies are big in the desert! Thunder roared, wind howled, torrential rain soaked by bed, pillow and curtain through a jammed window. A night I will remember forever! Oh, and two days later, we had a dust storm. The worst? The pub was closed because it was flooded...

2WKPH58.jpg

2WKPH8K.jpg

2WKPHTF.jpg

2WKPHD9.jpg

2WKPHGM.jpg

2WKPHKB.jpg

2WKPHAG.jpg

2WKPJ3A.jpg

2WKPJ2K.jpg

2WKPH16.jpg

Adventures!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sally Robertson said:

Great weather photos Gen!

I recently hung out with some cute Rock Parrots.

rock-parrot-neophema-petrophila-a-small-

rock-parrot-neophema-petrophila-a-small-

two-rock-parrots-neophema-petrophila-a-s

Well done! I don't think I have ever seen those.

Busy High Street on a rainy day, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

busy-high-street-on-a-rainy-day-lincoln-

New scaffolding cover on front of Marks and Spencers store, High Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

new-scaffolding-cover-on-front-of-marks-

Young photographer posing for photo, Steep Hill, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

young-photographer-posing-for-photo-stee

I got this young mans photo in exchange for allowing him to take my photo wearing my Tilley hat.

Allan

• Love 3

4 hours ago, Bryan said:

Love the Clios shot, has it sold ?

Sadly Stockton appears to me to be a town with a glorious past, with some fine old architecture, but somewhere that appears to have fallen upon hard times. I took a number of photos that I subsequently decided not to use. One, a telephoto shot of the High Street bus station, looked fine through the viewfinder, but when I started to process it I noticed a severely disabled man in a wheelchair with his two carers in the centre of the shot. Then I took a photo of a sign saying "Welcome to Stockton" in the shopping centre, but the people captured looked depressed and depressing, including one young man sitting looking down dejectedly.

The handsome old M&S building is now a B&M discount store.

Things may be improving, they've flattened the riverside shopping centre and are in the process of building a riverside park, should be nice when complete.

2WJRG8G.jpg

Only licences from Stockton so far- that pint and a half in the Green Dragon!

Most years we stay with relatives in Yarm and walk in along the Tees. Bus or a lift back mind you. Yes, Stockton does hide its light rather well. There is a great Bill Higgs sculpture of the Stockton Flyer loco (first passenger railway in the world- Stockton to Darlington) which emerges puffing from a box in the market place and there are now a couple of great micropubs.

2ACCX7C.jpg

And there's always a parmo. We got the last one from a chap who was packing up.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

Pink lake MacDonnell, South Australia

2WM3NX8.jpg

2WM3NTA.jpg

Port Le Hunte, Penong, South Australia

2WM3P7H.jpg

2WM3P60.jpg

2WM3PB4.jpg

Is that salt on the beaches or are the sands really that white? Beautiful series.

12 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Is that salt on the beaches or are the sands really that white? Beautiful series.

Yes it is sand. In the last image, you can just about see white sand dunes in the background. Absolutely blinding driving through them. You cannot do so without sun glasses. 

12 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

should license IMO

if all the equipment is proper...

Equipment looks proper enough to me. Took me a while to work out how the Sawyer didn't get hit with the branch as it fell though! I have a couple of similar sequences which have not licensed yet but the strength of the image above is in simplicity and copy space I reckon...

M1GP1F.jpg

More from me.

View of Cobb Hall tower in Lincoln castle wall, Lincoln Castle, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

view-of-cobb-hall-tower-in-lincoln-castl

View of Lincoln cathedral centre tower through The Strait, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

view-of-lincoln-cathedral-centre-tower-t

KING EDWARD cigar

king-edward-cigar-2WKPN26.jpg

Free Palestine badge lying on paving, Steep Hill, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

free-palestine-badge-lying-on-paving-ste

First quarter moon between Empowerment statue heads

first-quarter-moon-between-empowerment-s

Pity ALAMY splashed across the moon.

Allan

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keith Burdett said:

Equipment looks proper enough to me. Took me a while to work out how the Sawyer didn't get hit with the branch as it fell though! I have a couple of similar sequences which have not licensed yet but the strength of the image above is in simplicity and copy space I reckon...

M1GP1F.jpg

Thanks Jeff and Keith, fingers crossed!

A variety of mine from this month.

amusing-funny-humorous-road-sign-pointin

Museum of the Moon art installation in Winchester Cathedral

16th-february-2024-the-museum-of-the-moo

16th-february-2024-the-museum-of-the-moo

Some snowdrop close-ups

close-up-of-snowdrops-during-february-en

galanthus-plicatus-augustus-flower-snowd

Artist working outside a  coffee shop

an-artist-paints-a-painting-of-people-in

an-artist-paints-a-painting-of-people-in

Parkrun

people-taking-part-in-rushmoor-parkrun-a

people-taking-part-in-rushmoor-parkrun-a

Nuthatch

nuthatch-sitta-europaea-on-a-garden-bird

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Windmill Museum at Penong, South Australia

A tribute to the farmers' whirling workhorse that has nowadays been mostly replaced by solar panels, the outdoor museum features a unique collection of around 20 donated and restored windmills.

2WM9CH4.jpg

2WM9CW2.jpg

2WM9D0B.jpg

2WM9DFN.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Who thinks this rig is super cute?

2WMFN82.jpg

Travelling a bit lighter than yourself........probably wanting for a chilled Chardonnay though.

Edited by spacecadet

47 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Who thinks this rig is super cute?

2WMFN82.jpg

2WMFMN9.jpg

2WMFMEN.jpg

2WMFPDM.jpg

2WMFY25.jpg

2WMFXTP.jpg

2WMFY6F.jpg

2WMG02Y.jpg

2WMG0RC.jpg