February 2024 Favourite uploads

Bryan

38 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Wonderful tour, Gen. Thanks.

Paulette

Thank you Paulette. Even after almost 5 years on the road, our motto almost always rings true: every day something new. So much to see!

On 26/02/2024 at 18:53, gvallee said:

Who thinks this rig is super cute?

2WMFN82.jpg

2WMFMN9.jpg

2WMFMEN.jpg

2WMFPDM.jpg

2WMFY25.jpg

2WMFXTP.jpg

2WMFY6F.jpg

2WMG02Y.jpg

2WMG0RC.jpg

2WMFXG7.jpg

2WMFX9C.jpg

Hi Gen, great pics. I was wondering where those granite rocks are, including the wave-like formation one? Are you still in WA in those ones or have you moved into SA there? I have seen so many scenes like that in WA but was wondering if that kind of landscape stretches into parts of SA as well?

Yes, that is a super cute rig - kombi and mini caravan 🥰 I've thought about a mini caravan myself. I saw a cute Avan Aliner in a caravan park last year which is a little A-framed thing. I once saw a book of retro caravans that were done up nicely and they were super cute also.

5 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

Hi Gen, great pics. I was wondering where those granite rocks are, including the wave-like formation one? Are you still in WA in those ones or have you moved into SA there? I have seen so many scenes like that in WA but was wondering if that kind of landscape stretches into parts of SA as well?

Yes, that is a super cute rig - kombi and mini caravan 🥰 I've thought about a mini caravan myself. I saw a cute Avan Aliner in a caravan park last year which is a little A-framed thing. I once saw a book of retro caravans that were done up nicely and they were super cute also.

Hi Sally! I am now in Brisbane trying to catch up on my huge backlog! 

You are right, those rocks are in SA. The granite boulders and the wave rock are in Wudinna, Eyre Peninsula. It's a wonderful campground on a private property, right at the bottom of the wave rock.

2WMG0NC.jpg

2WMG0K8.jpg

I climbed the rock at sunrise, the golden light glowing on those rocks was wonderful.

There are several other similar rock formations along the way, including Tcharkuldu Rock at Minnipa.

2WMG12E.jpg

I have always been super impressed by the Tvan and what it fransforms into when you unfold it. There are so many contraption possibilities for camping in Oz!

EN34PG.jpg

• Love 3

Lunch time queue for refreshments at Greggs, High Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lunch-time-queue-for-refreshments-at-gre

Lincoln Liberal Club sign hanging from wall fixing, St Swithins Square, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lincoln-liberal-club-sign-hanging-from-w

NO! I am NOT a member.

Franco Manca pizza restaurant advertising Valentine's Menu, Silver Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

franco-manca-pizza-restaurant-advertisin

Marston's The Witch & Wardrobe pub sign, Waterside North, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

marstons-the-witch-wardrobe-pub-sign-wat

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, gvallee said:

Hi Sally! I am now in Brisbane trying to catch up on my huge backlog! 

You are right, those rocks are in SA. The granite boulders and the wave rock are in Wudinna, Eyre Peninsula. It's a wonderful campground on a private property, right at the bottom of the wave rock.

2WMG0NC.jpg

2WMG0K8.jpg

I climbed the rock at sunrise, the golden light glowing on those rocks was wonderful.

There are several other similar rock formations along the way, including Tcharkuldu Rock at Minnipa.

2WMG12E.jpg

I have always been super impressed by the Tvan and what it fransforms into when you unfold it. There are so many contraption possibilities for camping in Oz!

EN34PG.jpg

Hi Gen,

You are so amazing how you get around. In Brisbane already! I looked up Wudinna on the map and realised now I have passed through it when I was 17. We did not stop though so I have never seen the surrounds there. I remember staying in Ceduna and Port Augusta. That place with the wave rock looks so similar to places here in WA. Last August I visited Elachbutting Rock north-east of Mukinbudin, a long way from Wudinna, but it also has a wave-like rock. This is a picture I took:

the-wave-formation-at-elachbutting-rock-

The rock itself as a whole reminds me of a sleeping giant. I have never been to Uluru but it reminded me a bit of that. Here is another pic:

elachbutting-rock-with-salmon-gum-trees-

I want to go back and camp there and spend more time. There is truly so much to see in Australia isn't there! I can see how you can just keep travelling and travelling and you will never run out of new things to see and experience. I hope you are enjoying Brisbane and planning your next adventures!

I just googled the Tvan and had a look at the various permutations it transforms into when unfolded. It looks very interesting and quite a rugged little thing.

• Love 2

A final couple from me fpr the month.  Both  involve lichens:

densely-packed-mix-of-foliose-and-frutic

Densely packed mix of foliose and fruticose lichens growing on the bark of Styrax hemslyana.  Can't tell you the lichen species, I'm afraid.

red-flowers-of-the-early-spring-flowerin

Ramalina farinacea lichen growing on a flowering branch of Prunus campanulata 'Felix Jury'.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

These are a couple of older images I've dug out of my old hard drive.

This is a bungalow at night at Rottnest Island. It felt atmospheric. This was taken in 2012 on my very first DSLR, a Nikon D3000 with the 18-55 kit lens.

a-bungalow-at-night-with-a-bicycle-in-th

This is early morning light on the Swan River in Perth from the limestone cliffs of Blackwall Reach. I had been photographing the sunrise then walked round to this spot. I still had an ND grad filter on the front of my camera. I sometimes leave it on and it brightened up the limestone in the foreground. Teenagers like to jump off these cliffs into the river. It is a bit of a rite of passage thing.

view-from-the-limestone-cliffs-of-blackw

• Love 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Lunch time queue for refreshments at Greggs, High Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lunch-time-queue-for-refreshments-at-gre

Lincoln Liberal Club sign hanging from wall fixing, St Swithins Square, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

lincoln-liberal-club-sign-hanging-from-w

NO! I am NOT a member.

Franco Manca pizza restaurant advertising Valentine's Menu, Silver Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

franco-manca-pizza-restaurant-advertisin

Marston's The Witch & Wardrobe pub sign, Waterside North, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

marstons-the-witch-wardrobe-pub-sign-wat

Allan

Hi Allan,

I've just noticed in the Greggs image the pigeon is joining the queue for Greggs 😂

Edited by Sally Robertson

3 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

Hi Allan,

I've just noticed in the Greggs image the pigeon is joining the queue for Greggs 😂

Yes. Nice idea and may add it to keywords.  I had "pigeon foraging for scraps".

Allan

• Love 1

Before February disappears....a few from last summer's US road trip :).   

🇺🇸🚗🍟

2WGJ0C6.jpg

2WGNGF4.jpg

2WGJ0FC.jpg

2WMMTK3.jpg

2WGJ0B5.jpg

2WGJ0BE.jpg

2WMMTJE.jpg

2WMMTRC.jpg

2WH276P.jpg

Edited by StokeCreative
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Rubens Alarcon said:

All from La Pedrera, Barcelona. This one a panorama of 8 vertical images

casa-mil-la-pedrera-roof-tourists-on-roo

casa-mil-la-pedrera-exterior-details-of-

casa-mil-la-pedrera-tourists-on-rooftop-

tourist-taking-a-picture-of-barcelona-sk

Wow Rubens, what spectacular buildings to photograph. I love the way you’ve captured the light on them at that time of day and the sunstar. The stitched panorama is fantastic.

57 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

escalators-and-stairs-in-liverpool-one-s

Liverpool One top level.

Love this

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

More for February upload.

Red British Telecoms public phone box and red Royal Mail box side by side, Bailgate, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK 

red-british-telecoms-public-phone-box-an

People crossing river Witham on Wigford Way dual road, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

people-crossing-river-witham-on-wigford-

Student accommodation, Broadgate, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

student-accomodation-broadgate-lincoln-c

Reximex Mito S Regulated air pistol 

reximex-mito-s-regulated-air-pistol-2WMP

Tudor style building corner of Eastgate and Priory Gate, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

tudor-style-building-corner-of-eastgate-

True Gents barbershop, High Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

true-gents-barbershop-high-street-lincol

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

EVEN more.

Tap & Tonic bar and restaurant, High Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

tap-tonic-bar-and-restaurant-high-street

Judgment porch south side of Lincoln Cathedral, Lincoln city, Lincolnshire, England, UK

judgment-porch-south-side-of-lincoln-cat

Stone built house 

stone-built-house-2WN0E38.jpg

Gallery of Kings above main west entrance door of Lincoln cathedral, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

gallery-of-kings-above-main-west-entranc

Allan

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

Liverpool One top level.

Did they catch the vandal who spray painted the steps?  😃

Allan

• Love 1

11 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Tricky lighting, not paint.

Guessed that.  Only joking.

Allan

10 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

Wow Rubens, what spectacular buildings to photograph. I love the way you’ve captured the light on them at that time of day and the sunstar. The stitched panorama is fantastic.

Thank you, Sally. It is a very special place. Busy, but still enjoyable. I'm glad we got there at the right time. The light was fantastic.

On 01/03/2024 at 04:17, Ed Rooney said:

Liverpool One top level.

Alamy's Picture of the Month contest this month is "Stairs"..... They have to include this one!

Paulette

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1