Jump to content
  • 0

Alamy Measures Designations


MichaelD
 Share

Question

Can anyone tell me what the (LU) at the end of a search term means. I know what most of the others mean (WOP with out People, P portrait, etc. But I can't find anything on this search filter. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, MichaelD said:

Can anyone tell me what the (LU) at the end of a search term means. I know what most of the others mean (WOP with out People, P portrait, etc. But I can't find anything on this search filter. Thanks.

 

There has been several threads with answers about it. Basically, it's Limited Use, part of NU scheme. Do a forum search for more details.

 

Here's one

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/15730-measures-fixed/

 

Edited by gvallee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I have a few and two of my zooms have it. I have not been in Novel Use for a couple of years.

 

Paulette

 

only a few?  All my searches this month have [LU], and the 2 sales resulting from them were just regular web news package deals 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

 

only a few?  All my searches this month have [LU], and the 2 sales resulting from them were just regular web news package deals 

 

I usually have Measures set up to show my Zooms with the highest number on top. If I change it to show the Views with the lowest number on top I starting seeing many LUs.

 

Paulette

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, NYCat said:

 

I usually have Measures set up to show my Zooms with the highest number on top. If I change it to show the Views with the lowest number on top I starting seeing many LUs.

 

Paulette

 

 

 

I gave that a try, and it looks as if only two out of my 537 views so far this month are not LU -- i.e. 535 have the [LU] designation.

 

I'm still not sure what all this means, though. Will it really make any difference? A lot of contributors were already seeing super low prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 06/07/2022 at 00:32, gvallee said:

 

There has been several threads with answers about it. Basically, it's Limited Use, part of NU scheme. Do a forum search for more details.

 

Here's one

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/15730-measures-fixed/

 

Virtually all of my (much reduced) views are LU, but I've never been in NU.

 

Why doesn't Alamy have the common courtesy to inform suppliers of all these many changes and what they mean?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Virtually all of my (much reduced) views are LU, but I've never been in NU.

 

Why doesn't Alamy have the common courtesy to inform suppliers of all these many changes and what they mean?

 

Same here. All searches have LU and I've never been in NU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Here's what's happening at Alamy headquarters as we wait for an answer. I ♥️ gifs for some reason.

 

Nothing Kittens GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
14 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

 

 

Why doesn't Alamy have the common courtesy to inform suppliers of all these many changes and what they mean?

This!

Phil

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Just had a look where you have Distribution, Image Options and Novelty Use. Novelty Use is in red and the other two aren't and most of us opted out in April and cannot remember if there was a timescale after opting out that it is still active for so many months if I am making any sense on the last bit  Don't know if anyone else has noticed this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.