Alamy Measures Designations

MichaelD

Question

Can anyone tell me what the (LU) at the end of a search term means. I know what most of the others mean (WOP with out People, P portrait, etc. But I can't find anything on this search filter. Thanks.

15 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, MichaelD said:

Can anyone tell me what the (LU) at the end of a search term means. I know what most of the others mean (WOP with out People, P portrait, etc. But I can't find anything on this search filter. Thanks.

There has been several threads with answers about it. Basically, it's Limited Use, part of NU scheme. Do a forum search for more details.

Here's one

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/15730-measures-fixed/

Edited by gvallee

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I have a few and two of my zooms have it. I have not been in Novel Use for a couple of years.

Paulette

only a few?  All my searches this month have [LU], and the 2 sales resulting from them were just regular web news package deals 

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

only a few?  All my searches this month have [LU], and the 2 sales resulting from them were just regular web news package deals 

I usually have Measures set up to show my Zooms with the highest number on top. If I change it to show the Views with the lowest number on top I starting seeing many LUs.

Paulette

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I usually have Measures set up to show my Zooms with the highest number on top. If I change it to show the Views with the lowest number on top I starting seeing many LUs.

Paulette

I gave that a try, and it looks as if only two out of my 537 views so far this month are not LU -- i.e. 535 have the [LU] designation.

I'm still not sure what all this means, though. Will it really make any difference? A lot of contributors were already seeing super low prices.

On 06/07/2022 at 00:32, gvallee said:

There has been several threads with answers about it. Basically, it's Limited Use, part of NU scheme. Do a forum search for more details.

Here's one

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/15730-measures-fixed/

Virtually all of my (much reduced) views are LU, but I've never been in NU.

Why doesn't Alamy have the common courtesy to inform suppliers of all these many changes and what they mean?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Virtually all of my (much reduced) views are LU, but I've never been in NU.

Why doesn't Alamy have the common courtesy to inform suppliers of all these many changes and what they mean?

Same here. All searches have LU and I've never been in NU.