August 2021 Challenge: Seaside

Inchiquin

3 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

Is this fairly new? I was living in Seaton until 8 years ago and I don't remember it.

Alan

Alan, think it went up in 2015 or 2016 - we only moved here (Sidmouth) in 2014 so everything's new to me!
😀
Tony

Photos featured in these monthly challenges are always so much fun to see.

My three:

Man and his dog, Saint Malo, France

saint-malo-france-29th-may-2017-fisherma

Sunrise, Roscoff, Brittany, France

brilliant-red-and-blue-june-sunrise-look

Paris Plage, the fake beach along the Seine, Paris, France

people-relaxing-under-blue-umbrellas-in-

• Like 1

On 13/08/2021 at 12:21, Ed Rooney said:

Of all the venomous creatures they have in Australian, the box jelly fish is the worst. In Liverpool, the equivalent would be some football supporters. 

A not so funny thing about jellyfish. Years ago my sister and her husband flew to Florida to see their college football team’s game. They went into the warm gulf waters one day. A so-called friend, also there for the game, scooped up a small jellyfish, pulled my sister’s swimsuit bottoms out and dumped the jellyfish in.

My sister related it was like someone had dumped acid in there. She was burned, stung, or whatever, and suffered great pain in tender places.  She never spoke to that idiot, who thought she was so cute/funny again.

Yes jellyfish are awful.  Your poor sister! I remember, being a little kid, getting a bad sting while swimming with my father in the Atlantic Ocean.  It was like getting many bee stings at once.  So when about ten years ago, I was swimming with my daughter in the Mediterranean Sea, she began screaming, I knew right away what was causing her pain.  We had to go to local doctor to get some medicated lotion to soothe her rash on her leg.  I felt terrible for her, but fortunately it went away in a day or two.  Things you don’t easily forget.

17 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

A not so funny thing about jellyfish. Years ago my sister and her husband flew to Florida to see their college football team’s game. They went into the warm gulf waters one day. A so-called friend, also there for the game, scooped up a small jellyfish, pulled my sister’s swimsuit bottoms out and dumped the jellyfish in.

My sister related it was like someone had dumped acid in there. She was burned, stung, or whatever, and suffered great pain in tender places.  She never spoke to that idiot, who thought she was so cute/funny again.

Betty I am surprised your sister did not go further than just not talking to him again. One up to her for keeping her cool.

Allan

15 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Yes jellyfish are awful.  Your poor sister! I remember, being a little kid, getting a bad sting while swimming with my father in the Atlantic Ocean.  It was like getting many bee stings at once.  So when about ten years ago, I was swimming with my daughter in the Mediterranean Sea, she began screaming, I knew right away what was causing her pain.  We had to go to local doctor to get some medicated lotion to soothe her rash on her leg.  I felt terrible for her, but fortunately it went away in a day or two.  Things you don’t easily forget.

Apparently urine is supposed to relieve the burning sensation. Don't know if it is true though.

Allan

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Betty I am surprised your sister did not go further than just not talking to him again. One up to her for keeping her cool.

Allan

It was a woman friend.  She would have decked a man for pulling out her swimsuit bottom, let alone causing that degree of pain.

The urine remedy is a myth.

A lot of times people do something they think is funny on brainless impulse, and it turns out disastrous. These people shouldn’t be given complete forgiveness because they didn’t intend physical harm if for no other reason to make those people not act rashly again.
My sister’s screams and lack of forgiveness probably made a difference, and become one of that women’s most embarrassing memories. One never forgets those if one has half a brain.

• Like 1

1. Daily life on the streets in Blackpool, England, in 1974. A young girl on the promenade at Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom, covers her ears with her hands to ignore her family who are talking nearby. A tram passes in the background.

2BHDRC3.jpg

2. A fishing boat passes the seaside resort of Nha Trang in Vietnam, South East Asia, Indochina, Asia, on a cloudy day.

2ARE80C.jpg

3. A man and a woman hold hands and enjoy the sea and beach at the seaside resort of Nha Trang in Vietnam, South East Asia, Indochina, Asia, on a hot, sunny day.

2AT72NN.jpg

• Love 1

Hi everyone,

three from me

On top of the world...Grotto Beach, Hermanus, South Africa

CXCN57.jpg

Bicycle repairs - The Strand, Western cape, South Africa

CTEKYE.jpg

Old pier, Brighton,UK  (Taken in 2012 but looks like Corona social distancing!)

CXWDP7.jpg

Well as I've just come back from a 'seaside holiday', I certainly have some images. But like already said, the problem is choosing just 3 the seaside images that ihave!

1. The North Beach at Tenby, Pembrokeshire, Wales taken just a few days ago!

a-young-boy-poses-proudly-with-the-sand-castles-that-he-has-made-on-the-north-beach-at-tenby-in-pembrokeshire-wales-uk-2GG80HX.jpg

2. Ladram Bay at Exmouth, Devon, UK

waves-roll-onto-the-beach-at-ladram-bay-near-exmouth-in-devon-england-people-are-on-the-beach-on-holiday-2CDMC0K.jpg

3. Bournemouth, UK - this one actually sold via 'Live News' but wasn't enough to save me from the 'Live News' cull.

bright-orange-sunset-at-the-beach-at-bournemouth-as-a-young-boy-runs-and-jumps-over-pools-of-water-left-in-the-sand-RPE4TC.jpg

Edited by Matt Ashmore